• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time naming my 5 worst shows because I didn't watch more then an episode of thundercats 2011 and didn't finish beware the Batman both shows I'd put in my bottom 5 based upon what I saw.

Tenchi GXP and Beware the bat getting a pass?

TENCHI GXP GOD DAMMIT

Five Best:
1. Space Dandy
2. Sym-Bionic Titan
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Black Lagoon
5. Samurai Champloo or Gurren Lagann

Five Worst:
1. Tenchi Muyo GXP
2. InuYasha: The Final Act
3. Akame ga Kill
4. Sword Art Online
5. Bleach

Beware the Batman would probably be number 6 because Bleach caused me so much more pain due to its length. Though I might also consider SAOII worse.

I'm legitimately not sure how far Naruto Shippuden can cost on that one good Shikamaru arc

Also for the sake of discussion while clone wars does get a lot better most of what we got on toonami was the much weaker half of the show with only a few bright moments should I be considering clone wars based upon what we got or the show as a whole?

Jarate hasn't been the same since he watched GXP.

Also, please be good. Please...be good.

Also for the sake of discussion while clone wars does get a lot better most of what we got on toonami was the much weaker half of the show with only a few bright moments should I be considering clone wars based upon what we got or the show as a whole?

Honestly I think it was just the first season of Clone Wars that was really rough; the second season has enough strong episodes to put it somewhere in the middle, I'd say. I'd only consider episodes that aired on Toonami, personally; like, I didn't think about any of the 200 One Piece episodes that didn't air.

We were thinking of ironing out a ranking on the Toonami Show Rundown but I need to actually watch Eureka Seven and Casshern Sins first.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd probably switch Bleach out for something else since I dropped it loonngg ago, but yeah, AgK, SAO1 + 2, Final Act, and GXP are easily on my list.

I guess for fairness sake, what aired on Toonami. You can specify "2nd half" or "season 1" or whatever if not all of a show aired on the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, hate to say it, but because I haven't seen Bleach or Shippuden or Beware the Batman, I might actually have to put Dimension W as #5 because it was frustrating in that it COULD'VE been a good show but it didn't.

The only other shows I can think of feel more in a top 10 instead of 5 because they're not THAT bad, just either very "meh" or aren't really that bad but aren't as good when compared to the other shows.

.........wait, no, Samurai 7, that gets #5 while Dimension W can have #6.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The hell is Samurai 7?
EXACTLY.

Hell, I think overall, that was more boring than Blue Exorcist because at least I can remember stuff from that show. I mainly remember SOLD MY WIFE and ROBOT SAMURAI THAT WAS BARELY USED, but that's it.

Samurai 7 is probably the most forgettable out of all the shows I've seen.

Line_HTX

EXACTLY.

Hell, I think overall, that was more boring than Blue Exorcist because at least I can remember stuff from that show. I mainly remember SOLD MY WIFE and ROBOT SAMURAI THAT WAS BARELY USED, but that's it.

Hell, Samurai 7 is probably the most forgettable out of all the shows I've seen.

I don't even remember it airing...

All I remember was there was SAO1, and then movies, then Space Dandy, then Blue Exorcist, then I found this thread when AoT started and I got approved when it ended.

List was a tad limited seeing as I have not seen all of the shows that aired since the reboot to its entirety. Otherwise Inuyasha, Naruto and Samurai Champloo would be on this list. The list is taking into account what I've seen at any point not just on Toonami.

Best:
1. Black Lagoon
2. Ghost in the Shell
3. Hellsing Ultimate
4. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans.
5. Attack on Titan (Pretty much on the list by default since there's no show that aired on Toonami that I liked and finished)

Worst:
1. Tenchi Muyo GXP
2. Akame Ga Kill
3. Parasyte
4. Kill La Kill
5. Dimension W

I remember enjoying Samurai 7, believe it or not.

I remember enjoying it more than Parasyte to be honest.

Maybe I'm misremembering though.

Puruzi

Banned
Best:

Kill la Kill
Space Dandy
Sym Bionic Titan
Gurren Lagann
Soul Eater

Worst:

Sword Art Online
Akame Ga Kill
Parasyte
Dimension W
Bleach

Best:
Out of the shows I have watched:

1. Gurren Lagann
  2. Kill la Kill
  3. Sword Art Online*
  4. Sword Art Online 2*
  5. Akame ga Kill*

Worst:

1. One Piece
  2. Bleach
  3. Shippuden
  4. Attack on Titan

*These shows are some of the best Toonami experiences I've had because they are so bad that watching reactions on GAF and other social media was such fun, unlike stuff that is just mediocre bad and boring that way like AoT, Shippuden, One Piece, or Bleach.

Obviously FMAB and Blue Exorcist are better anime than #3-5, if I were watching them alone.

Grexeno

Best:
Out of the shows I have watched:
  1. Gurren Lagann
  2. Kill la Kill
  3. Sword Art Online*
  4. Sword Art Online 2*
  5. Akame ga Kill*

Worst:
  1. One Piece
  2. Bleach
  3. Shippuden
  4. Attack on Titan

*These shows are some of the best Toonami experiences I've had because they are so bad that watching reactions on GAF and other social media was such fun, unlike stuff that is just mediocre bad and boring that way like AoT, Shippuden, One Piece, or Bleach.

Obviously FMAB and Blue Exorcist are better anime than #3-5, if I were watching them alone.
aEvUVgC.gif

All these people listing Space Dandy as their favorite or second favorite show, and the second season still hasn't reaired.

That ain't right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Runners up for worst (i.e. what would be #6 through #10 on top 10 worse):

- Attack on Titan
- Dimension W
- Thundercats (though that was already on CN at one point, does that really count?)
- Blue Exorcist
- Parasyte (on account of that damn Sentai dub & rewatching it, yeah, I notice more of its flaws, especially near the end)

I'd have to really think about an actual order, but I need to leave for work soon.

Mizerman

Season 1 was pretty bad, though it was a good thing that it quickly improved.

Best:
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online II

Eureka 7
TTYL
Dimension W

Worst:

I love you guys, lol.

Oh you.

Best in no particular order

Space Dandy
Gurren Lagann
Hunter x Hunter (cheating I know)
Black Lagoon
Hellsing Ultimate

Worst in no particular order

Beware the Batman
Thundercats 2011
Tenchi gxp
Sword Art Online*
InuYasha TFA

SAO is * since I find it incredibly entertaining in a so bad it's good way, I almost put Michiko and Hatchin instead due to that show doing nothing for me but I imagine if I had actually watched samurai 7 it would beat out M&H based upon reputation

Edit 2: I'd also probably put IGPX if it counts

Line_HTX

Alright, I'm going to count them as airing during nu-Toonami after it got revived in 2012.

Best:

1. Space Dandy
2. Ghost in the Shell: SAC & SAC 2nd Gig
3. Eureka Seven
4. Big O
5. Gurren Lagann

Dunno where to put Hellsing Ultimate, as I liked it a lot after years of waiting.

WORST:

1. Akame ga Kill
2. Parasyte
3. Beware the Batman
4. Tenchi Muyo GXP
5. Deadman Wonderland

I would put Inuyasha The Final Act, but man... I think I just wanted an ending more than anything else since I actually bothered to watch the original show on ASA for many years.

Well, Tokyo Ghoul can technically come to Toonami now, seeing as though Root A has just been released on Blu-Ray. The license price might drop for them

doesn't mean that it'll come tho

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright, best and worst of Toonami thus far.

Best

5. Hunter X Hunter
4. Gurren Lagan
3. Syn-Bionic Titan
2. Samurai Jack
1. Space Dandy

Worst

5. Beware the Batman
4. Akame Ga Kill
3. Sword Art Online
2. Bleach
1. Naruto Shippuden

Moaradin

no particular order

Best

Hunter X Hunter
Gurren Lagan
Eureka Seven
FLCL
Space Dandy

Worst

Beware the Batman
Akame Ga Kill
Sword Art Online
Bleach
Inuyasha: The Final Act

Thundercats, GXP, and IGPX I didn't watch much of. I'm sure they would be contenders if I did.

I genuinely can't think of a single good thing about Beware the Batman.

At least with shows like SAO I can kinda enjoy some of the animation, or ost. Bleach has a pretty good first arc. Naruto has some good moments when its pacing isn't ass. Akame made us laugh sometimes.

Beware the Batman was just awful, all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom