• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YIGrN3k.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Non-canon member? More like No-Cash Member

It's more that I see PS4 as a secondary system and that since I don't care about playing anything on it when the games are new I'll just wait until the end of generation and clean up on low priced stuff.

I did the same with PS3 and Vita, though in the case of the Vita it got below my threshold for purchase less than a year in. I actually sold that OLED model for a profit when they started to become rare and got a Slim for super cheap two years ago.

There's like...six games in the PS4 pipeline I'm interested in now and the number could go down depending on what exactly ends up coming out for the NX. I'm a handheld gamer at heart and that just matches my lifestyle at this point.

BBboy20

I voted for Madoka Magica.

I'm just as big a Jojo fan as the rest of y'all, but screw it live reactions of Madoka would be amazing in here.
Talk to Jarate.

I have no clue. Did the first game even do well? Makes no sense.
The developer of the first was shut down.

I really want to meet the person who saw the first Homefront and thought this was the game franchise that NEEDED to continue.
Talk to my friend. Like, fucking seriously.

Blizzard owns you and you don't even know it yet.
That is an astute observation.

Overwatch is being advertised at Taco Bell for some reason
By the time I finally got to a Bell, all the OW cups were gone

fuck this chick
tumblr_m7t25pnP941rc49x8o2_500.gif

Blizzard please stop using the shorts when the game looks perfectly fine.

It's not like WoW where the CG was a lot cooler than the actual game.
Gotta' keep up their CGI skills.

That's right, Netero is that dude
OH, that was suppose to be his perspective?

Fish are like Queens of the Stone Age: they go with the flow.
https://youtu.be/DcHKOC64KnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3rbouMIx9E

A snake is an awful stealth weapon
Don't tell that to John or David.

Sasuke is the kind of guy who listed Hatred as his GOTY
You're a Great Lake Avenger at best
brian-rolle-machine-gun-celebration-gif.gif

BOOOOO!

*Chucks bones

YOHOHOHOHOHO

Dimension W may be over, but Mira's hometown lives on in figure form.

96159ab586255da2fbf371604b31283a1463962421_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ff-her-robot-attributes-in-dimension-w-figure
She's more defined here then in the anime.

Raxus #1252

Anime videogames were a mistake, they're nothing but trash.
Persona (Japan) vs Overwatch (USA) in the waifu wars and I'm afraid Persona has already lost.

I'm not playing Overwatch.
I'm still in shooter fatigue.
Doom somehow revitalizes the genre.

I seem to be the only person in the world who is going to play the new TMNT (PS4) game instead of OW (PC) despite getting both games today.

It's more that I see PS4 as a secondary system and that since I don't care about playing anything on it when the games are new I'll just wait until the end of generation and clean up on low priced stuff.

I did the same with PS3 and Vita, though in the case of the Vita it got below my threshold for purchase less than a year in. I actually sold that OLED model for a profit when they started to become rare and got a Slim for super cheap two years ago.

There's like...six games in the PS4 pipeline I'm interested in now and the number could go down depending on what exactly ends up coming out for the NX. I'm a handheld gamer at heart and that just matches my lifestyle at this point.
I can agree with that. My brother and I own a lot of home consoles (including a PS4), but we hardly play any of them and mostly play handhelds. The convenience makes all the difference.

Jarate

Banned
I think I played Overwatch for like 9 hours straight last night

I think I have a problem.Unfortunately, my internet is 2 shit to stream :/

Mizerman

Platinum should stop making bad games or else I'll start getting worried about Nier 2

I have no doubts about Nier 2. Seeing as the original team from Nier is still doing the bulk of the work while Platinum is mainly gameplay, I'm pretty optimistic.

well yeah, but its bringing their batting average down!

Nah, not exactly. At best, you could chalk stuff like Korra or TMNT as their weaker efforts. Their other games are still pretty awesome.

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,403		0.7
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:30 AM	1,273		0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,029		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		952		0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		926		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		875		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM	3:00 AM		790		0.4

Ratings.

Grexeno

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,403		0.7
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:30 AM	1,273		0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,029		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		952		0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		926		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		875		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM	3:00 AM		790		0.4
Ratings.
Everything got at least a 0.4

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think Hunter X Hunter has broken a million on every airing thus far, which is pretty damn impressive for 1 AM.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Hunter X Hunter has broken a million on every airing thus far, which is pretty damn impressive for 1 AM.
You are indeed correct. In fact, the first episode premiered at 1.007 million & has slowly increased over the weeks. It was at 1.057m at the beginning of May, which was its 4th episode.

Nice to see it keep 1m+ especially at 1 a.m.

bigkrev

Is the percentage of viewer drop from 12:00 to 12:30 lower than usual? That would say something about the hold of Dragonball

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is the percentage of viewer drop from 12:00 to 12:30 lower than usual? That would say something about the hold of Dragonball

I think so but I recall Dimension W holding a bit under what Kill la Kill and Akame Ga Kill were doing in the same space.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well dimension w seems to be from general anime fans the worst received show of the three so that doesn't surprise me.
EEEHHHHHH, I don't think it's worse than Akame ga Kill.

Less entertaining in how "bad" it is, sure, but AgK was more generic, even if it lead to "oh god let's see how stupid this gets" moments.

DW had the benefit of having the first 3 episodes being rather decent & it's only 12 episodes compared to AgK's 24.

EEEHHHHHH, I don't think it's worse than Akame ga Kill.

Less entertaining in how "bad" it is, sure, but AgK was more generic, even if it lead to "oh god let's see how stupid this gets" moments.

DW had the benefit of having the first 3 episodes being rather decent & it's only 12 episodes compared to AgK's 24.

There is a very clear reason I said general anime audience and not this community :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bass was saying which one of those three was the least popular, not which was the best. Dimension Ass was clearly that. I thought it was fine overall. Not as good as KlK, not as bad as Akame Ga Kill!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahhhh, okay, yeah, popularity-wise, I can totally see.

I actually have to agree with Decimate when listening to his Toonami Show Rundown podcast in that overall, DW probably ranks around Blue Exorcist quality-wise. Though that series had some decent comedy & then that bonkers finale.

Bass was saying which one of those three was the least popular, not which was the best. Dimension Ass was clearly that. I thought it was fine overall. Not as good as KlK, not as bad as Akame Ga Kill!

Right, dimension w was a show most people looked past or dropped if they checked it out, people invested in agk the same way they have in the lost town show airing this season. Love em or hate em the "who will die next" shows draw an audience with anime fans

Ahhhh, okay, yeah, popularity-wise, I can totally see.

I actually have to agree with Decimate when listening to his Toonami Show Rundown podcast in that overall, DW probably ranks around Blue Exorcist quality-wise. Though that series had some decent comedy & then that bonkers finale.

Doesn't decimate also like blue exorcist more then kill la kill? I still find that questionable and I enjoyed blue exorcist more then most people here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KlK is near the bottom of the top if I were to rank TOONAMI shows despite finding the actual story/animation/music only above average. It's that fantastic dub, which is Baccano tier.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like to use Blue Exorcist as the "middle-ground" because it wasn't terrible, nor was it great. I'm debating if DW is worse or better than BE (it's very close), but aside from the awful last few episodes, it felt very "meh". It's nowhere near top 5 worse shows, that's for sure.

Hell, that would be an interesting topic: everyone ranks what they felt were the top 5 best & worst shows post-revival Toonami has premiered.

I enjoy Blue Exorcist more because when that show went off the rails it was entertaining about it, whereas Kill la Kill just became a bummer to watch. Though I don't really rank it as THAT much better because Kill la Kill's first half is a lot better than Blue Exorcist's.

Also,

Five Best:
1. Space Dandy
2. Sym-Bionic Titan
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Black Lagoon
5. Samurai Champloo or Gurren Lagann

Five Worst:
1. InuYasha: The Final Act
2. Akame ga Kill
3. Sword Art Online
4. Bleach
5. Sword Art Online II

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who likes KLK, I'm totally fine with that logic. BE went from dull to HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, I NEED TO SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING & was more entertaining compared to when KLK started going downhill, i.e. after the school trip. KLK's 2nd half isn't as well liked & I totally understand why.

BE had the opposite happen, went from "meh" to "hahaha omg", compared to KLK being "aw yeah" to "man, they had no idea how to continue this story for the 2nd half".

I have a hard time naming my 5 worst shows because I didn't watch more then an episode of thundercats 2011 and didn't finish beware the Batman both shows I'd put in my bottom 5 based upon what I saw.

I enjoy Blue Exorcist more because when that show went off the rails it was entertaining about it, whereas Kill la Kill just became a bummer to watch. Though I don't really rank it as THAT much better because Kill la Kill's first half is a lot better than Blue Exorcist's.

Also,

Five Best:
1. Space Dandy
2. Sym-Bionic Titan
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Black Lagoon
5. Samurai Champloo or Gurren Lagann

Five Worst:
1. InuYasha: The Final Act
2. Akame ga Kill
3. Sword Art Online
4. Bleach
5. Sword Art Online II

Tenchi GXP and Beware the bat getting a pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom