• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Episode #9 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast

Starring B-Dubs, Raxus, and Crocodile.

• Listening to my voice is always a bit awkward. It's something I'm getting used to as I listen to my own lectures in trying to improve
  • Ugh, I use way too many bridge phrases and words. I could have varied my word choice more too :(
  • I think I could have spoken slower and annunciated more
  • People talking over each other seemed like less of a concern than I thought it would be, good
  • LOL I went in on Naruto
Overall I would say that was fun. I think I still have the same weakness as a speaker I need to work on so, in addition to just enjoying a good conversation about stuff I like, I'd love more opportunities to come on. As I said before just let me know when you have open slots in the future and I'll let you know if I'm free.

Fuck racism, fuck transphobia, fuck homophobia, fuck bigotry, fuck it all.

Not sure what prompted this outburst but I agree with the sentiment

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't worry, Croc, I think most of us here had similar problems when we first appeared. It was weird listening to my voice on the previous podcast because it doesn't sound like what I imagine compared to my actual voice, and I'm noticing I have trouble with the fact I'm thinking faster than I can talk, so I tend to slow down or give a quick pause to catch up. It's something you'll eventually grow into the more you learn how to have a "radio" voice.

& have to agree that you filled the "Seda slot" pretty well.

I dislike the sound of my own voice as well but that's never really stopped me, I did a few indie acting projects in community college, both theater and film. I think everyone kinda dislikes their own voice, unless you are Brad Shoemaker or Morgan Freeman

Line_HTX

I think every VA will probably tell you that they don't like the sound of their own voice. It just takes practice to talk smoothly and articularly, I guess...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you kidding me, there's a character whose last name is PRETZEL?

PRETZEL?!?!

Ya know, for what's suppose to be (from what I understand) a serious series, who the hell decided to have all these food-based names? Was someone on the production team just hungry & looking at his grocery list or all the snacks he had laying around?

Mizerman

Are you kidding me, there's a character whose last name is PRETZEL?

PRETZEL?!?!

Ya know, for what's suppose to be (from what I understand) a serious series, who the hell decided to have all these food-based names? Was someone on the production team just hungry & looking at his grocery list or all the snacks he had laying around?

It's Gundam. No matter how serious it gets, silly names will pop up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope someone says "WHAT'D YOU SAY TO ME, CRACKER" just so I can burst out laughing.

.........& someone calls Cookie a monster so we can make "Cookie monster" jokes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The scary thing is that on a scale of one to ten worst most ridiculous Gundam character names I'd rate the IBO names around a 3.

Hmm, looking at the next season of anime.

Doesn't look nearly as good as this season.

...Maybe Berserk will be good?
cjxzjhyuoaaabql.jpg

I'm making my way through the third case of Apollo Justice and this game is really fucking stupid. You cannot expect me to believe that a 14 year old blind boy was able to fire a .45 revolver, a weapon that is multiple times stated to be difficult to use and you would have to be proficient to fire it and kill a grown man.

And NO ONE questions this. Is everyone a massive idiot?

Klavier Germanboy, the genius rockstar prosecutor who can't figure out why it's silly to accuse a blind kid of killing someone with a Revolver.

If the twist is that the kid isn't actually blind I'm gonna be even more pissed because that also makes no sense.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm making my way through the third case of Apollo Justice and this game is really fucking stupid. You cannot expect me to believe that a 14 year old blind boy was able to fire a .45 revolver, a weapon that is multiple times stated to be difficult to use and you would have to be proficient to fire it and kill a grown man.

One of many reasons I feel Apollo Justice is the weakest AA game.
Though Dual Destinies could be worse, I haven't played it because Capcom are morons.

Grexeno

Though Dual Destinies could be worse, I haven't played it because Capcom are morons.
Dual Destinies will never EVER get a physical release outside of Japan. Download it.

Neither will AA6.

Apollo Justice is a game you only play to set up for a much better AA5.

They made more money on digital only for their niche vn game. You just need to get over your hatred of digital games and buy it already

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

OR MAYBE HE WASN'T BLIND AT ALL

YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY HE MOVES HIS PINKY WHEN TALKING ABOUT HIS BLINDNESS

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Klavier Germanboy, the genius rockstar prosecutor who can't figure out why it's silly to accuse a blind kid of killing someone with a Revolver.

If the twist is that the kid isn't actually blind I'm gonna be even more pissed because that also makes no sense.

That case is the worst in the series. Full Stop. It pisses me off to no end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't even remember any specifics about the different cases in Apollo Justice.

Just the magicians, that german rocker prosecutor, bum Phoenix, and STARE AT THE WITNESS TO FIND A TELL THAT THEY'RE LYING

I dunno what's the worst part about 4-3

1) The completely illogical accusation of a 14 year old boy killing someone with a gun adults have a hard time firing

2) The bat shit reasoning for
why he pretends to be blind

3) The awful music slider mechanic

4) The stupid music video you have to watch a dozen times

The only good thing about the case is the bad guy's break down animation

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That game is pretty good until that case too. People largely have, you know, a motive and means to do the crime. Then you get this one.

It kinda makes sense on the very meta level that the real killer
is a cop and if he got the investigation rolling that way some shameful shit could go down.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dual Destinies will never EVER get a physical release outside of Japan. Download it.

Neither will AA6.

Apollo Justice is a game you only play to set up for a much better AA5.

They made more money on digital only for their niche vn game. You just need to get over your hatred of digital games and buy it already

Sorry, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. I'm really not a fan of a game being digital-only in one region, and having retail copies in another. If it's digital everywhere, that's fine, but in instances like this I feel robbed. Same with Fatal Frame 5.

That game is pretty good until that case too. People largely have, you know, a motive and means to do the crime. Then you get this one.

It kinda makes sense on the very meta level that the real killer

Apollo Justice blows it's load in case 1, each case gets progressively worse. 4-3 is worse then 4-4 but only by a very slim margin.

Sorry, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. I'm really not a fan of a game being digital-only in one region, and having retail copies in another. If it's digital everywhere, that's fine, but in instances like this I feel robbed. Same with Fatal Frame 5.

Obviously if the games had been selling well enough we'd still get them at retail, they clearly weren't hence us getting digital only. Would you rather us not get the games at all like what happened with AAI2?

Grexeno

1. Ace Attorney simply isn't popular enough outside of Japan for physical copies to make sense anymore. Sorry, you're a cult fan.
2. Then you'll never get to play an Ace Attorney game ever again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Apollo Justice blows it's load in case 1, each case gets progressively worse. 4-3 is worse then 4-4 but only by a very slim margin.

No, nothing is even remotely close to 4-3 in the series. Even in the other railroad cases the accused has at least a good motive or opportunity. 4-3 the killer has neither and you prove that early on, the rebuttals get more and more ridiculous too. But the accused is a foreign national, this is the Japanese legal system, etc, etc. It's a bad case.

People give the clown case shit but that's solid gold compared to this one. So are the last two cases in AJ.

You are right that the first case is the best in that game and that's pretty incredible considering it's a tutorial like all of the other first cases in the series.

No, nothing is even remotely close to 4-3 in the series. Even in the other railroad cases the accused has at least a good motive or opportunity. 4-3 the killer has neither and you prove that early on, the rebuttals get more and more ridiculous too. But the accused is a foreign national, this is the Japanese legal system, etc, etc. It's a bad case.

People give the clown case shit but that's solid gold compared to this one. So are the last two cases in AJ.

You are right that the first case is the best in that game and that's pretty incredible considering it's a tutorial like all of the other first cases in the series.

At least 4-3 doesn't have (4-4 spoilers for Rib)
time traveling evidence

I went through other cases people dislike like the Circus one thinking they were fine, but weaker. But this case is just bad. I'm only on the first trial section but it doesn't sound like it improves. And I'm 90% sure this kid is not blind because that twist is so obvious I can see it with no foreshadowing.

And I really dislike the minigames they keep tacking on to this series. Shades of Danganronpa.

I actually hate Wright in that game.

I like him. It's a good reversal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As long as it's not a rather high price (my limit for most digital-only games is about $20 unless it's a series I know I'll like, i.e. Ace Attorney), I don't mind a game being localized as a digital-only release in the US, especially if the company knows that it's a rather niche thing that wouldn't move a ton of retail copies when shelf space is limited & costs money.

If anything, it's a bit more annoying when certain versions are retail, but then others are digital only. Namco is a big offender of this. PS4 might get retail, but then Vita (or previously, PS3) would get digital.

I mean, part of me wants to get I Am Setsuna, but $40 is out of my digital-only rage, even if the whole "gameplay is similar to Chrono Trigger" part is appealing. I just feel more burned out if I spend that much on a digital game & I don't like it because I won't see any of that money back.

I'm actually very happy with this digital/retail mix we have going on because I see digital for the smaller, cheaper, &/or more niche stuff that companies feel as though wouldn't do well at retail.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, it's a SE game on a Sony system meaning one day it'll be 9.99 or less. They're pretty good about sales. Same with Atlus and Capcom.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I tend to wait for sales if I feel it's too expensive. But yes, those companies (especially Atlus, who feels like they do a sale every month) are rather good with sales.

But to be fair, for those who don't have the best internet (such as myself), I can see why they prefer digital, along with the collector mentality. Especially if it's a game that's huge in file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom