• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
pls I edited it out instantly since I realized it wasn't productive rip quoted post

So their isn't a world-based rulebook we follow here at NeoGAF (like a rulebook all communities have to follow) but a series of community based rules that differs from each *Insert name*GAF community?

Hardly at all, I mean, look at the post your pickups thread* edit: hardly a world-based rulebook at all
People get banned for not following the OP.

Now, the only thing --from what I can tell-- where it's questionable is where an OP does

"Whats your favorite game? Post a description and explain it OR YOU WILL BE BANNED", because I've asked mods, and those aren't valid threats.

people are way too sensitive about spoilers. Official press releases are not fucking spoilers.

Thank you! glad I'm getting some agreement. (not you guys but others.)

More or less.

Hardly at all, I mean, look at the post your pickups thread
People get banned for not following the OP.

Now, the only thing --from what I can tell-- where it's questionable is where an OP does

"Whats your favorite game? Post a description and explain it OR YOU WILL BE BANNED", because I've asked mods, and those aren't valid threats.

Jesus how does GAF function then without a world set of rules like most normal forums? do mods have a common set rules thing they follow then apply for the communities or is it something else?

the Toonami News twitter is saying there will be an hour of DBZ Kai on May 21 and a Champloo marathon the 28th.

not sure what the source is

EDIT: the Toonami Facebook apparently

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm up for a Champloo marathon.

....so Dimension W's replacement won't even air the week after? Damn, wonder what the hold up is.

Soulflarz

Banned
Doubt thats directed at me, but I'am curious on how NeoGAF's structure works.

Was at you

Was joking about how people have various views on how NeoGAF is structured. I'm completely indifferent since I've never been banned, but yeah, some people have very choice words on either side.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am willing to bet it is the far simple answer of them not wanting to premiere a show before a holiday marathon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holiday weekend?

.................ooohhhh right, Memorial Day.

But yeah, that makes perfect sense, no point in premiering a show if the following week is a marathon.

Will probably keep this short since there really isn't much to say. It's not quite as bad as I've heard others make it out to be, which is almost disappointing in a way. A solid like, 75% of the show is just boring talking about how cool and handsome the real black swordsman is, or how much he loves Asuna or whatever girl is currently up front in the harem.

Alfheim was pretty much as boring SAO, but Leafa was a more interesting partner character than Asuna was, even if that pretty much means nothing.

GGO is still the peak of SAO, just because of how it felt like the show went so dumb, yet was so unaware of how dumb it was that it was pretty entertaining and easy to laugh at.

Grexeno

Isnt that when Wumbo ends?

Maybe they're waiting 2 weeks for MHA or something else?
Wumbo ends this week. If a new show premiered the following week, it would air its first episode then not air an episode for two weeks because of Memorial Day. This is likely why they're waiting to start until after Memorial Day

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dimension W ends this week.

Next week would be its replacement, or we just get an hour of Kai.

The following week is the Saturday before Memorial Day, hence the Champloo marathon.

ckohler

Isnt that when Wumbo ends?

Maybe they're waiting 2 weeks for MHA or something else?
Dimension W finale is this weekend (May 14th)
A second Kai episode will fill the slot next week (May 21)
Champloo Marathon the following week (May 28)

Then, Either we get a new show on June 4th for we continue to get double Kais going forward.

Grexeno

Dimension W finale is this weekend (May 14th)
A second Kai episode will fill the slot next week (May 21)
Champloo Marathon the following week (May 28)

Then, Either we get a new show on June 4th for we continue to get double Kais going forward.
I highly highly doubt double Kai isn't just a one-time thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't update the end dates yet, not until we know if the 21st is two new episodes, or one new/one repeat.

Also, holy shit the comments on the Toonami Facebook are fucking awful.
"Air the old DBZ!" Ew no, the old DBZ is slow trash.
"Stop airing DBZ!" *looks at ratings* Nope.
"Air Hellsing, Berserk and Sekirei" They already aired Hellsing Ultimate! The Berserk anime is old & unfinished, and fuck no to the last one.

Maybe they're doing double Kai so they can get to Buu much faster?

Don't update the end dates yet, not until we know if the 21st is two new episodes, or one new/one repeat.

Also, holy shit the comments on the Toonami Facebook are fucking awful.
"Air the old DBZ!" Ew no, the old DBZ is slow trash.
"Stop airing DBZ!" *looks at ratings* Nope.
"Air Hellsing, Berserk and Sekirei" They already aired Hellsing Ultimate! The Berserk anime is old & unfinished, and fuck no to the last one.

Maybe they're doing double Kai so they can get to Buu much faster?

the wording of "Catch a double header of DBZ Kai on May 21st from midnight to 1am" makes it sound like it's just the one week

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why the hell would you want to go back to OG DBZ? Kai already still has a few pacing problems, why go back to something with WORSE pacing?

BatDan

Why the hell would you want to go back to OG DBZ? Kai already still has a few pacing problems, why go back to something with WORSE pacing?

Crippling nostalgia.
They probably think it would come with the Faulconer music, but the more likely scenario is that it would be the Japanese soundtrack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kai's episode this week is 70.

......OG DBZ would've been at around 143.

THAT'S DOUBLE THE EPISODE LENGTH.

...also you'd think the DB Wikia or someone would have a comparison list of Kai to OG DBZ episodes.

BatDan

Kai's episode this week is 70.

......OG DBZ would've been at around 143.

THAT'S DOUBLE THE EPISODE LENGTH.

"KAI IS STUPID I WANT ORIGINAL"
*episodes of mostly still shots and nothing*
"SO AMAZING!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What was with Toriyama wanting characters WHO CAN FREAKIN' FLY get into slower, not as effective cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom