• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I like the series I'm not sure if I give a shit about Pokemon anymore until the 20 year old formula is shaken up at least a little bit and the performance for this massively popular game isn't completely terrible.

I'm just bored with the series like I am with 3D Zelda. It's the same for something like the Souls series - you made 4 of these already. I like them, but I'm not going to buy another one. I'm well past being complacent about series I like, I want new shit.

So many weaknesses but...

rowlet-large.png

Let's go grass bird.

Let's be the best.

As I crunch through my lunchtime salad, I bring you another fine week of ratings.

Code:
Show			Net		Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM		12:00 AM	1,370		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM		12:30 AM	1,167		0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM		1:00 AM		1,057		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM		1:30 AM		963		0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM		2:00 AM		863		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM		2:30 AM		746		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM		3:00 AM		657		0.3

Saturday’s Miami Heat-Toronto Raptors game on ESPN scored one of the lower ratings of the 2016 NBA Playoffs to date — 0.9 in adults 18-49 — but that was still good enough to lead the day.

A number of shows, including a NASCAR Sprint Cup race on Fox Sports 1 and “Dragon Ball Z Kai” on Adult Swim, tied for second in the demo at 0.7.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/10/saturday-cable-ratings-nba-playoffs-down-but-still-lead/

Mizerman

As I crunch through my lunchtime salad, I bring you another fine week of ratings.

Code:
Show			Net		Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM		12:00 AM	1,370		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM		12:30 AM	1,167		0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM		1:00 AM		1,057		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM		1:30 AM		963		0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM		2:00 AM		863		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM		2:30 AM		746		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM		3:00 AM		657		0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/10/saturday-cable-ratings-nba-playoffs-down-but-still-lead/

Ah, those HxH ratings are awesome.

Tenumi

Banned
It's definitely nice to see that, more or less, the first three spots of the night are relatively stable, ratings-wise. Not to mention HxH getting in on the millions.

Toonami should fund a whole full Pokemon Origins series that goes through all games and put that on Toonami.

Soo good, but the salt at only being a 4 episode mini series....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not to single out any users or threads, but it feels like half the time in Gaming, when a thread is "I wish *game/series/franchise* did this", people go "well, this game does it" only for the OP to go "NO, THAT DOESN'T COUNT, YOU CAN'T USE THAT EXAMPLE THAT PERFECTLY ANSWERS MY QUESTION"

Hell, I think at one point, a mod changed the title of the thread making fun of the fact OP had super strict guidelines after tons of people kept pointing out examples of what he was asking for (though I can't see to find/remember it). But this is just a random rant I wanted to voice & I'm sure it's not as bad as I think it is.

But to get back on topic, I hope we learn of the replacement for DW in time for next week's podcast so I can anticipate it airing with everyone else & be glad it's replacing DW.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine a world where we go from One Punch Man to My Hero Academy at 12:30
God, this would be so damn amazing, even if it was the other way around.

Hell, I was rewatching the final battle in One Punch Man for the....6th time, I think, and I still get that feeling of "omg this is so awesome", which I feel like is the feeling people got when they originally saw DBZ as a kid, because it was the type of action they never saw before in an animated show.

Thanks for having me on Grex, it was a lot of fun hope to be on again soon

Also shout out to Zonic I think I used you as an example like 4 times during the discussion

Raxus

Hope that was ok. Let me know if you want us to be even more spoiler conscious. I try and be careful but I may go to far.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm not nagging Vee

Hell, I could probably get David Hayter or such if I still have his contact stuff lying around, but NOT REALLY ANIME

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks for having me on Grex, it was a lot of fun hope to be on again soon

Also shout out to Zonic I think I used you as an example like 4 times during the discussion
............a GOOD example, or.....?

I usually listen to Giant Bomb when I work Tuesday night/Wednesday morning but now I need to hear what exactly I was being used as an example for.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now that I'm basically caught up with Fairy Tail my next anime watch project is to...watch the shows that originally made up the Chiller Anime block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so Bass mentioned me three times in the podcast, one for "who HASN'T seen DBZ" (this is correct), "who mentioned that the Dimension W anime went through # chapters in # episodes?" (it was not me, I just use it as a reference for why this feels so rushed & needed to be longer), & the fact I was penciled in to talk about DW's finale, though I totally wouldn't mind Bass returning since he would pretty much be the only one to find the positives in the show. I mainly just wanted to return because I felt like I would've had a decent amount to say during that week of shows.

........also it bugged me to no end when everyone said "bass" as in the fish when it's the musical term pronounced as "base" that his username means, hence the avatar. But then again, Mega Man 8 made this same mistake in the animated cutscenes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom