• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

IBO is not a bad choice

Inuyasha: FA is not really a show I want back on the block. The pacing just ruined it. Also fuck Kohaku. Also Parasyte will be holding the 3am slot for a while - where would it go? The Champloo slot? Talk about a downgrade if so :(

I heard IBO dropped the ball at the end.

I'd argue that it dropped the ball near the middle and picked it back up near the end.

I mean we have 2 big dub premiers on the block not counting pricy shows like Kai and Shippuden not really surprised if they decide to reair something cheap with InuYasha Final Act

zulux21

Oh so it's not even done? Weird. Has Toonami had a non-long running shonen that wasn't done airing yet? Space Dandy doesn't count.

attack on titan
sword art online both have more anime to come.

there are others that are likely to get another series at some point as well just not confirmed.

Crocodile

I mean we have 2 big dub premiers on the block not counting pricy shows like Kai and Shippuden not really surprised if they decide to reair something cheap with InuYasha Final Act

There's one critical flaw with you assessment however

The show sucks and I don't want it back on the block *pouts*

But yes, cheapness could be a factor here

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Technically they started Dimension Ass while it was still ongoing...

Based on the timing, I'd say it's more likely to be Champloo's replacement. Though they could shift everything else up and still have it air at 3am

Same press release has FLCL in it so timeframe isn't necessarily immediate.

zulux21

Personally I hope as we get closer to the release of the new full metal panic season that toonami thinks about airing full metal panic. though from what i have heard the new season might bump up the adult themes as much as the second season did which would likely make it unairable on tv :p

that being said I would love to see toonami gaf's reaction to season 1.5 especially Pony man.

Heck for all we know InuYasha could just be something they still have access to but no interest to actually air. They classify Dimension W as a new acquisition even though in a week it'll probably be off the block forever unless a second season happens down the road which is doubtful. They also talk about FLCL s2/s3 which won't air until late 2017/2018 so we really need to pump the brakes on the final act replacing shamploo drama.

Yeah, now that I think about it, there's gonna be a six week gap between Parasyte ending and Gundam ending, assuming Gundam starts the week after the Champloo marathon. They might not have Champloo's rights for that long (or have them for reruns at all).

Of course, they could rerun Space Dandy season 2 finally BUT WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT

Heck for all we know InuYasha could just be something they still have access to but no interest to actually air. They classify Dimension W as a new acquisition even though in a week it'll probably be off the block forever unless a second season happens down the road which is doubtful. They also talk about FLCL s2/s3 which won't air until late 2017/2018 so we really need to pump the brakes on the final act replacing shamploo drama.

Well, this isn't just upcoming stuff; it's also just "stuff we've done this year." And FLCL being on the list just means they've started production on it.

I think the bigger thing to note here besides gundam dubbed back on American TV/Toonami is unless IBO tanks hard between the two seasons 50 weeks of premier slots are taken up and that only leaves 1 slot open for new premiers for awhile assuming champloo doesn't turn into rerun slot 2 with inuyasha final act.

Tenumi

Banned
To be honest, I've never watched any Gundam show. Not opposed to the move however. New shows to the block are always welcome to see.

Puruzi

Banned
IBO?

CeFzyvX.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would imagine what ends up replacing Champloo would be some mid-tier item given that we are looking at 1:30 AM here.

If they wanted to get another oldie but goodie I'd want to see them and Funimation figure out a way to let an outlaw star hd remaster take the 1:30 slot. Also if they wanted a show to fill the gap between ibo's 1st and 2nd season potentially the new dub of Escaflowne could be an option since it'll be releasing this fall thanks to the kickstarter.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Maybe they end up completing the Manglobe trilogy and air Ergo Proxy. I have found the lower shows to be harder to predict.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Technically they started Dimension Ass while it was still ongoing...

Same press release has FLCL in it so timeframe isn't necessarily immediate.
The bulk of the press release is talking about future series they are working on. But the returning original series/acquisitions section seems to be just referring to shows that are currently or just about to air. It would be weird to list Inuyasha if it wasn't airing until September when everything else is the immediate future. Especially since they would have skipped listing Champloo's replacement.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It wouldn't shock me if the resources needed to get Hunter X Hunter and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans required them to rerun The Final Act.

Jarmel

Banned
Personally I hope as we get closer to the release of the new full metal panic season that toonami thinks about airing full metal panic. though from what i have heard the new season might bump up the adult themes as much as the second season did which would likely make it unairable on tv :p

Probably too old and some of the topics might set off a bit of controversy such as the guns in school.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably too old and some of the topics might set off a bit of controversy such as the guns in school.

They're reairing a show right now with a bonafide mass murder in a school, later on an even bigger murder spree with guns in a government building.

So it's going to be Iron Blooded Orphans that replaces DW then? Sweet. I don't mind rewatching it for the dub.

I say ew on the possibility of Inuyasha: The Final Act being aired at Champloo's timeslot though.

Did Sentai pick that one up?

Funimation has it.

Personally I hope as we get closer to the release of the new full metal panic season that toonami thinks about airing full metal panic. though from what i have heard the new season might bump up the adult themes as much as the second season did which would likely make it unairable on tv :p.

Bring Full Metal Panic too Toonami.

Raxus

I heard good things about IBO
I think it is around 50 episodes

Looking forward to it. Shame Build Fighters Dub fell through.

I've heard good things about Iron-Blood Orphans, and I haven't seen it before, so I'm looking forward to it. The Toonami guys are surely angry that it was unveiled this way, though.

As for The Final Act, I hope it takes up the rerun slot, or at least that they move it to after One Piece.

EDIT: As for Full Metal Panic, there are aspects of the first season that I'm not a fan of, particularly in terms of fanservice and weak action, but it would be great to see the other seasons.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've heard good things about Iron-Blood Orphans, and I haven't seen it before, so I'm looking forward to it. The Toonami guys are surely angry that it was unveiled this way, though.

As for The Final Act, I hope it takes up the rerun slot, or at least that they move it to after One Piece.

Maybe they bump up Naruto and One Piece and have two shows rerun on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom