• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so Bass mentioned me three times in the podcast, one for "who HASN'T seen DBZ" (this is correct), "who mentioned that the Dimension W anime went through # chapters in # episodes?" (it was not me, I just use it as a reference for why this feels so rushed & needed to be longer), & the fact I was penciled in to talk about DW's finale, though I totally wouldn't mind Bass returning since he would pretty much be the only one to find the positives in the show. I mainly just wanted to return because I felt like I would've had a decent amount to say during that week of shows.

........also it bugged me to no end when everyone said "bass" as in the fish when it's the musical term pronounced as "base" that his username means, hence the avatar. But then again, Mega Man 8 made this same mistake in the animated cutscenes....

Haha it was nbd on the bass/base thing I'm use to people getting that wrong so I just roll with it.

Jarate

Banned
jSue2lY.gif

Korigama

Given the fact that they've waited until the last minute again, I wouldn't be surprised if Dimension W's replacement winds up being another older show. Perhaps not something that's already aired on Adult Swim before the Toonami block revival this time (Champloo isn't the only Geneon rescue that Funimation picked up as it is, nor even the only one of those by Manglobe).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll take "localized but digital only" over "not localized at all" any day, especially for more text-heavy games like AA.

$30 is a bit much for digital-only games ($15 or $20's usually my limit), but it's AA, so I know what I'm getting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sure, when SEGA does digital only for Yakuza, everyone's okay with it, but when CAPCOM does it......

...actually, considering how many times AA5 & AA Trilogy have been on sale (hell, they're discounted now), part of me wants to wait, but considering I want to play this right when it comes out, I might not be able to wait.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's like Capcom hates money

Isn't it actually the opposite problem?

Something that digital skeptics refuse to recognize is that digital only releases are almost always more profitable than full blown retail for tiny titles like this.

Oh sure, when SEGA does digital only for Yakuza, everyone's okay with it, but when CAPCOM does it......

...actually, considering how many times AA5 & AA Trilogy have been on sale (hell, they're discounted now), part of me wants to wait, but considering I want to play this right when it comes out, I might not be able to wait.

People bitched to high heaven about Yakuza being digital only actually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So let's speculate when DW's replacement will be announced:

- This week's preflight
- During the commercials of DW's final episode
- DeMarco just dropping it out of the blue
- not this week

zulux21

I'll take "localized but digital only" over "not localized at all" any day, especially for more text-heavy games like AA.

$30 is a bit much for digital-only games ($15 or $20's usually my limit), but it's AA, so I know what I'm getting.

it wouldn't be so bad if
A. they hadn't implied that if AA5 does well (which it did well according to them) that they would likely go physical with AA6.

and the bigger one

B. if limited run games wasn't trying to do a physical release of AA games for the 3ds but capcom apparently either wants no part of it, or an unreasonable amount of money up front for it.

zulux21

At the end of the day we should be more upset about not getting DGS more then digital only AA6

really I just wish that capcom would sell the rights to AA to a different company and the team went with them as it's about the only series I like from capcom that they are still making and in general I would prefer not to support them as I don't agree with a lot of their business practices.

Regiruler

really I just wish that capcom would sell the rights to AA to a different company and the team went with them as it's about the only series I like from capcom that they are still making and in general I would prefer not to support them as I don't agree with a lot of their business practices.
You do realize how stupid that sounds, right?

Like any company in existence would give away their IP and talent in one package for one of their still going franchises.

zulux21

You do realize how stupid that sounds, right?

Like any company in existence would give away their IP and talent in one package for one of their still going franchises.

oh I know it will never happen, but doesn't change the fact I would like it to happen :p

plus it wouldn't be the first time in history capcom just said F it and dropped a successful IP and cut ties with the talent that made it.

RIP megaman :(

Beyond that though, you can bet that if offered enough money they would, but the amount of money would have to be really high and they would have to be mostly done with it. I mean Mojang did exactly that with microsoft and minecraft where the IP and the staff were sold to microsoft :p (well basically the whole company got sold, but it's not like in the past divisions of companies haven't been sold before)

again I know it would never happen, just wish it would because I don't like capcom in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom