• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
v1CYjm7.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ooohhhhhhhhh

....so it's another Gundam....

....yaaaayyyyy??

Also why the hell is Final Act under returning acquisitions?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty much know nothing about IBO aside from "it's another Gundam".

.....& considering I haven't seen any Gundam, I have no idea if I should be excited or not.

Inuyasha might rerun.

It did well if I remember correctly.

Yeah it actually surprised demarco and co with just how well it did. Considering InuYasha reruns held up the back half of the night for a long time I'm surprised its taken so long for final act to rerun.

.....& considering I haven't seen any Gundam, I have no idea if I should be excited or not.

It depends upon the gundam since of the dozens of gundam shows they range from amazing to unwatchable

It's a pretty good series actually. Certainly a large step up from SEED Destiny, 00 and AGE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So one of the orphan's hands will glow with an awesome power whose burning grip tells him to defeat the enemy, right?

Considering it's Gundam & I'm guessing a big show, we'll get a commercial this week and the next two weeks, right? Though maybe DeMarco didn't plan on it being announced this early.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So one of the orphan's hands will shine with an awesome power whose burning grip tells him to defeat the enemy, right?

Considering it's Gundam & I'm guessing a big show, we'll get a commercial this week and the next two weeks, right? Though maybe DeMarco didn't plan on it being announced this early.

I don't think it's that kind of Gundam show, it might be the other kind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a Serious Business Gundam Show.

Remember outside of the SD series there has only ever been two wacky Gundam shows, one of which got a sequel series. So that's Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Gundam Build Fighters, and Gundam Build Fighters Try.

Mizerman

So one of the orphan's hands will glow with an awesome power whose burning grip tells him to defeat the enemy, right?

Not this time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading up on the news.
Cool to have Gundam back on Toonami. It was one of the series that put Toonami on the map.
If I had to guess the next two schedules...
Starting in June (after the double DBZ and the Champloo marathon)
DBZ Kai
Gundam IBO
Hunter x Hunter
Samurai Champloo
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Parasyte

Then after Champloo ends, it's likely we'll get a rerun of Inuyasha: The Final Act (if that press release is anything to go by), and I hope it will be like this.
DBZ Kai
Gundam IBO
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Parasyte.

Another thing to note, that press release has Venture Bros listed under "Returning Shows". Season 7 confirmed?!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Reading up on the news.
Cool to have Gundam back on Toonami. It was one of the series that put Toonami on the map.
If I had to guess the next two schedules...
Starting in June (after the double DBZ and the Champloo marathon)
DBZ Kai
Gundam IBO
Hunter x Hunter
Samurai Champloo
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Parasyte

Then after Champloo ends, it's likely we'll get a rerun of Inuyasha: The Final Act (if that press release is anything to go by), and I hope it will be like this.
DBZ Kai
Gundam IBO
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Parasyte.

Another thing to note, that press release has Venture Bros listed under "Returning Shows". Season 7 confirmed?!

It's going to be interesting to see how One Piece and Naruto do moved up a timeslot.

Moaradin

Fuck the idea of replacing Champloo with a rerun. Fuck that.

Also bleehhh to Iron-Blood Orphans

That would fucking suck. Putting Final Act before Naruto and One Piece would kill the momentum. Doesn't help that the show is terrible.

I really hope BatDan is right and Naruto and One Piece gets pushed up if that happens.

Grexeno

There is no way they put a re-run in the middle of the block. And I don't see why they would lose a premiere slot willingly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, Champloo is basically a rerun in the middle of the block. They've also headlined the block with a rerun if you want to discount Champloo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is no way they put a re-run in the middle of the block. And I don't see why they would lose a premiere slot willingly.

Between HxH and IBO, as well as Samurai Jack and FLCL2, they might have spent a bit much and can't afford another new show right at this moment.

Grexeno

I mean, Champloo is basically a rerun in the middle of the block. They've also headlined the block with a rerun if you want to discount Champloo.
Yeah, they headlined the block with a rerun and didn't that just turn out swell.

Between HxH and IBO, as well as Samurai Jack and FLCL2, they might have spent a bit much and can't afford another new show right at this moment.

I don't believe Toonami's budget had anything to do with Jack or FLCL

Moaradin

Final Act is relatively recent. And I don't believe Champloo ever ran during Toonami. It was on adult swim plenty of times though.

And we all know how big of a mistake rerunning AoT was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Too bad we can't have an OT subtitle change for this news.....

oh hey, One Piece: Burning Blood demo is out, guess I'll give that a shot to decide if I want to keep my pre-order.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's been years since they last aired Champloo. So long that the rights reverted from Geneon to Funimation, and now they can say "shit" on TV.
TFA is far too recent, it's likely going to be at the end of the block with Parasyte.

Grexeno

It's been years since they last aired Champloo. So long that the rights reverted from Geneon to Funimation, and now they can say "shit" on TV.
TFA is far too recent, it's likely going to be at the end of the block with Parasyte.
I still don't know why we think Final Act is replacing Champloo. It makes more sense as the replacement for Parasyte.

Raxus

I'd hope so but with Champloo being the next show out the news is worrying
and I wouldn't mind watching TFA again.
I don't want 2 reruns and the rest of the block staying the same for nearly a year. Especially with Jack and FLCL S2 down the pipeline.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plot twist, Final Act is replacing Dimension W because they need 2 front runners of "old fan favorites but still new" shows

Grexeno

Another reason it doesn't make sense to replace Champloo with Final Act: unless you are actually permanently losing that slot for premieres, it doesn't make sense to bump Shippuden and One Piece up a slot just to bump them back down later.

Regiruler

I have strong feelings about gundam one way or the other. It always felt like "the eve online of anime" in how many levels deep it can get so I've never really aspired to watch any of it.

zulux21

Maybe they end up completing the Manglobe trilogy and air Ergo Proxy. I have found the lower shows to be harder to predict.

I am trying to recall how much ecchi stuff is in birdy the mighty: decode. If i recall right overall it was pretty tame, so maybe that one could make it. It's a low tier show but it wasn't a bad watch.

MAL has the first season at PG13 and the second season at R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom