• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SiKlGDJ.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am trying to recall how much ecchi stuff is in birdy the mighty: decode. If i recall right overall it was pretty tame, so maybe that one could make it. It's a low tier show but it wasn't a bad watch.

MAL has the first season at PG13 and the second season at R.

It is a good a guess as any as Funimaton alone has enough to fuel weeks of speculation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Birdy is a good show, and considering Deadman Wonderland, KlK and Hellsing Ultimate aired with only minor cuts there's practically nothing out there that is an action show that TOONAMI won't air for content reasons.

I just don't think it'd do that well on TOONAMI.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Birdy is a good show, and considering Deadman Wonderland, KlK and Hellsing Ultimate aired with only minor cuts there's practically nothing out there that is an action show that TOONAMI won't air for content reasons.

Still, it would be nice from a risk perspective, been awhile since Toonami really surprised us with a series.

Mizerman

I wouldn't mind seeing Birdy on Toonami. But yeah, low chance at best.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just realized the name "Iron Blood" makes no sense because iron is a material needed for hemoglobin, which is the protein in red blood cells that helps make oxygen & 70% of the body's iron is used on hemoglobin, which averages between 12 to 15.5 grams per deciliter of blood.

....so technically, we're all iron blooded. Are they special because they're orphans?

Unless they suffer from hemochromatosis, but I guess that isn't as catchy of a name.

zulux21

Still, it would be nice from a risk perspective, been awhile since Toonami really surprised us with a series.

nah if we want to see how something would do with a risk perspective lets put something like rosario to vampire on the air :p

the reactions to that would be great lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All I know about Rosario Vampire is it's one of those rare times where they make the anime even more "mature" (in this case, more ecchi) compared to the manga, which was just........okay.

zulux21

All I know about Rosario Vampire is it's one of those rare times where they make the anime even more "mature" (in this case, more ecchi) compared to the manga, which was just........okay.

it is an ecchi show, and feels like one, but it doesn't have quite as much panties and boob shots as other ones.

it was just the first one I could think of that off the top of my head wouldn't need to be heavily censored like something like highschool dxd would.

Just realized the name "Iron Blood" makes no sense because iron is a material needed for hemoglobin, which is the protein in red blood cells that helps make oxygen & 70% of the body's iron is used on hemoglobin, which averages between 12 to 15.5 grams per deciliter of blood.

....so technically, we're all iron blooded. Are they special because they're orphans?

Unless they suffer from hemochromatosis, but I guess that isn't as catchy of a name.

*Simpson'sNerdGif*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's better than Champloo for one thing, not that I wish for it to replace it as I'd prefer a new show in that slot. I don't care anymore about 3am unless something good shows up like KlK.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm resisting the urge to think of all the different gifs I could make via Frinkiac for Toonami.

Bums me out I no longer have FXX, need to take the time & money to buy Seasons 2 through...I guess 11 or 12 on DVD.

Also WUT, I'll take Champloo over Final Act any day. For one thing, the pacing for both shows are completely different.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No fooling, honest opinion.

If I were to rank current TOONAMI shows I'd put Champloo near the top...of the bottom.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's how I honestly feel actually. Never been overly impressed with Champloo. I think the show it replaced (Michiko and Hatchin) is better as well. The only outstanding part of Champloo was the music.

As one of the few resident Michiko fans in this thread: nope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, part of the reason why I don't like Final Act is because I just never cared for Inuyasha in the first place. But the original series feels a bit too slow for me (plus gets repetitive at times with THERE'S A VILLAGE, THERE'S A DEMON, IS THERE A JEWEL SHARD, TIME TO MOVE ON), then Final Act has the opposite problem of being too fast.

As someone who was equally disappointed in both Final Act and Michiko & Hatchin I actually find the discussion of which is a better show interesting. Both are messy in different ways and both should have been a lot better then they ultimately were. As a stand alone reair I'd probably rather rewatch Michiko and Hatchin, but I found more satisfaction in the ending of Final Act because it paid off on an emotional level that had built up across nearly 200 episodes of InuYasha including the original anime.

I guess I'd go something like

All of InuYasha original anime + Final Act > Michiko and Hatchin > Final Act as a stand alone thing

Mizerman

To be fair, part of the reason why I don't like Final Act is because I just never cared for Inuyasha in the first place. But the original series feels a bit too slow for me (plus gets repetitive at times with THERE'S A VILLAGE, THERE'S A DEMON, IS THERE A JEWEL SHARD, TIME TO MOVE ON), then Final Act has the opposite problem of being too fast.

Yeah, those episodes were getting painful to watch. The pacing in the original was terrible.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wouldn't mind seeing Birdy on Toonami. But yeah, low chance at best.
Birdy is probably an inevitable Aniplex acquisition so Funimation likely has no motivation to promote it with a TV airing. So yeah, near zero chance.

Which is sad because Birdy season 2 would be a great show for the block.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Every time I see Demarco's new title, I have to wonder if the ROM Space Knight movie will have anything decent in it. All the stuff that made ROM a cult character is with Marvel, so they're basically going to have to build EVERYTHING from the ground up. Considering the "original" idea of a movie universe based on 80's toys with mostly obscure franchises, I have no hope.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hey guys...

abe-simpson-gif.gif

It's better than Champloo for one thing...

This is a weird page!

I'd love final act in the rerun block spot. I just enjoy Inuyasha there. Ending the night with a show of a classic manga feels good.

I agree with BassForever's assessment of FA/Champloo.

I don't see how M&H could meet or beat Champloo. It doesn't leave as nice an impression per episode, the impact isn't as strong, and both shows put new spins on tired concepts... but Champloo just does it in a fresher way.

I could see one liking M&H more than Casshern Sins tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom