• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk Manga - Completed the Conviction Arc tonight. Nina was just the absolute worst. I literally liked every other side character introduced in this arc except for her lol. I actually loved the little small details like how Puck and Indrico kind of humanized Guts with a lot of their banter. The artwork was again just really gorgeous here.

Cartoons focusing on kids that end with them growing up always stuck with me, even if I didn't like/follow the show that much.

Chowder ends with him marrying his childhood sweetheart and having 50 kids with her. (I guess cause she was a rabbit.) Kids Next Door ended doing live action interviews with the cast grown up.

caliph95

We don't talk about it because it didn't happen.

Like the second season of Dark Than Black which also didn't happen.
Liked that second season of Psycho Pass or the second Eureka seven, too bad we never got a contunition of those perfect one season shows if E7 counst as a single season

'93 birth. I grew up with a lot of Nickelodeon and didn't start watching CN and a few other stations until late 2003 when my friends and such kept on talking about Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and...not exactly DBZ, but the games based on it instead lol

caliph95

The same with DBZ, i know from games as such as well as cathing out of context episodes from Z and Gt on Toonami and such and later Dragon Ball on Singapore's anime channel

Oh yeah, that's right! I caught up on OG Dragon Ball's anime, but not much more than that.

I came to believe that it is more worth my while to play the DBZ games for taking in its plot rather than watching the anime/reading the manga. I feel the exact same with Naruto and Bleach. And on that note, back in the day, I chose to watch 4Kids One Piece over Naruto on Toonami - believe it or not. Plus I was not the slightest bit of an avid OP fan at the time and was even aware of the fact that 4Kids were butchering the anime with their edits.

Edit: This all could have to do with me somewhat falling out of TV for a bit after getting slightly overtaken by the advent of online gaming. I guess it was already too late by the time after for Naruto to have its latch onto me

cntr

Banned
"Read the chart on the wall, please."

"Uh, let's see...2...B? 9...S? I can't make anything else out."

"Oh, I'm afraid you have very bad vision. You're nier-sighted."

Chase17

OK I don't really care for these animated cut scene's in Persona 5, seem like a waste of budget to have them that serve not a lot of purpose.

Especially the
the one in the cat car in the desert is...just the worst.
Yeah, sounds like you are in the stretch where there are like four animated cut scenes in a row that are just there for the player to gawk at Ann. It's pretty bad.

I think there are only like two animated cutscenes that I even like in the game.

IKR!?

;0; why me?

*notices new Persona 5 character's skills and then smiles*
And JaredWriter, I thought that was Goro on your avy. :O
Nope it's Makoto. Makoto and Tae are Bae, will probably at some point switch to a different Makoto or go with Tae as my nexter avy, Tae's design is just too good too me. She has the perfect goth aesthetic.

Line_HTX

It's an amazing sci-fi. It starts off slow, but the payoff is very well worth it. It's crazy how well paced and executed it is for 25 episodes.

cntr

Banned
Still need to watch Steins;Gate.

I assumed it was just another one of those good-but-not-that-good light novel anime, but I know better now.

Wait, how is King Arthur a "born king"?

Wasn't he just a kid till he got the sword?

Guys I can't handle this sudden shift in King Arthur lore.

Mizerman

It varies. Sometimes Arthur gets the "king by birth" thing. Other times, he's a normal person who just happens to pull the sword out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, he was born into royalty. He was supposed to be the king but shit happens and he gets sent into hiding as a baby. Pulling the sword from the stone is how Arthur proves he's Arthur, not that he knew at the time. It's like at the end of the Odyssey when Odysseus proves he's Odysseus by drawing the bowstring on his bow.

cntr

Banned
King Arthur was invented by a bunch of Medieval authors, so there isn't a consistent canon.

Like Mizerman said, sometime's he's a normal guy, sometimes it's was destiny, sometimes he's secretly the kid of the king, sometimes he was always a prince. Or whatever.

King Arthur was invented by a bunch of Medieval authors, so there isn't a consistent canon.

Like Mizerman said, sometime's he's a normal guy, sometimes it's was destiny, sometimes he's secretly the kid of the king, sometimes he was always a prince. Or whatever.

So king arthur was the original comic book?

caliph95

UBW out of all the animes adaptations is the only good one besides maybe Carnival phnatasm maybe.

As far as i'm concerned F/Z is the only one i would recommend

Raxus

UBW out of all the animes adaptations is the only good one besides maybe Carnival phnatasm maybe.

As far as i'm concerned F/Z is the only one i would recommend

Happy Mother's Day
Man if only it was a week later! Then we would have 2 shows with that joke.

I thought Unlimited Blade Works was the good one? I don't know anything about what came before the anime remakes.

Basically the original Visual Novel had three different alternate routes. The original Fate/Stay Night anime by Studio Deen followed the first route. It was crap lol

Ufotable has made Fate Zero, which was an adaptation of the Light Novel prequel to the game, and Unlimited Blade Works, which was the second route of the

Basically the original Visual Novel had three different alternate routes. The original Fate/Stay Night anime by Studio Deen followed the first route. It was crap lol

Ufotable has made Fate Zero, which was an adaptation of the Light Novel prequel to the game, and Unlimited Blade Works, which was the second route of the

And this year the first of two films adapting the 3rd route is coming out I believe

Seda

I'm only familiar with Fate franchise on a cursory level, but i know some people who say that Fate Zero is the only anime adaptation(?) worth watching.

Moaradin

Fate/Zero is the only one worth watching, and luckily it stands on its own. You could watch UBW if you absolutely needed more of the series, but don't expect the level of intrigue and actual good characters like Fate/Zero. You're better off just watching the fight scenes on sakugabooru.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
fate/stay night is about a rule 63 king arthur whose mana is restored by having sex with her master

...........i mean, that's technically right, isn't it?

Fate/Zero is the only one worth watching, and luckily it stands on its own. You could watch UBW if you absolutely needed more of the series, but don't expect the level of intrigue and actual good characters like Fate/Zero. You're better off just watching the fight scenes on sakugabooru.
I actually like the female..the recurring one from Fate Zero in UBW, but I didn't care for the boy too much...it's been a while, can't even remember their names.
fate/stay night is about a rule 63 king arthur whose mana is restored by having sex with her master

...........i mean, that's technically right, isn't it?
I'm currently reading Jojo Part 5 and even that made me go WTF. I guess it happened during the second season, which I never watched.

I'm only familiar with Fate franchise on a cursory level, but i know some people who say that Fate Zero is the only anime adaptation(?) worth watching.

Unlimited Blade Works is ok, but I'd say it's biggest flaw is I think it kind of takes for granted that it was adapted from a Visual Novel Route. You get characters who are introduced and killed off with really terrible buildup. Relationship dynamics get told to you flat out without letting some characters organically grow.

Shirou is also kind of a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom