• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thanks to the no fun allowed types, we'll miss out of accents in the rest of the series.

Polnareff could have been hilarious.

Jarate

Banned
Jojo does not need accents imo. I don't think they worked well from as a good intro to the series either.

But then again I also hate it when american companies do accents for production basically every single time ive heard it done. I understand the point, but ehhhh, just not my cup of tea

Jojo does not need accents imo. I don't think they worked well from as a good intro to the series either.

But then again I also hate it when american companies do accents for production basically every single time ive heard it done. I understand the point, but ehhhh, just not my cup of tea
Jojo quite frankly is crazy enough, it doesn't really need over the top accents to add to the cheese factor.

Jarate

Banned
Im honestly not that big of a fan of the dub.

The voice overs were hammy, but never really over acted which is one of the pinnacles of the series. The announcer was not good imo either. But I think the WB dub was probably rushed before it could be refined. Judging by the way they released it (I got a feeling that Lawyers got cold feet at the last second)

Im always of the opinion that if you are going to use an accent in a series, just use natural born people. I also don't like the overuse of european accents in things localized for American audiences, and I doubt Europeans are going to want bad accents as well.

Lastly, there was no accents in the sub, I don't see why there needs to be accents in the dub. It's a creative overreach imo

Jarate

Banned
I always felt like Jojo was more a theatrical style manga. High drama, over reactions, everyone looks pristine. That dub seemed more like a "comedy" dub then an over acted one. Director did not m9ake good creative choices imo

Raxus

The Part 3 dub drops the accents altogether so I doubt it will be an issue in the long run. Someone doing a French Polnareff for 50+ episodes would have been grating as hell.

Especially because he is involved in so many fights

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Part 3 dub drops the accents altogether so I doubt it will be an issue in the long run. Someone doing a French Polnareff for 50+ episodes would have been grating as hell.

Especially because he is involved in so many fights

Nope, would have loved every second of it. But the naysayers and accent haters won. Plus Jim Jam wouldn't have had one as it would have been either super racist or Sasuke.

Edwardo

Anyone like Wolf's Rain? I watched it back in high school and liked it a lot. I was at a local store a couple days ago and they had the complete series on bluray. I was looking for this for years and never found it anywhere to buy. Bought it and might watch some tonight. Hopefully the nostalgia holds up lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got my hopes up thinking they were going to fight Shuma Gorath in the opening, but nope.

way to not use your characters, marvel. guess that's capcom's job now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
GOTG Vol. 2 has one of the best opening credits sequences I've ever seen.

Oh yeah. Way better use of that song than Doctor Who. ... Then again everything about that episode was a disaster.

I did think GotG Vol 2 did get a bit too cartoon-y at times, and I say that as someone that adores MCU's lighter tone.

I got my hopes up thinking they were going to fight Shuma Gorath in the opening, but nope.

He's typically a Doctor Strange villain. If they do a Doctor Strange 2, he's a contender.

That would have been a waste though. Save Shuma Gorath for the bigger, cosmic threats.

Oh yeah. Way better use of that song than Doctor Who. ... Then again everything about that episode was a disaster.

I did think GotG Vol 2 did get a bit too cartoon-y at times, and I say that as someone that adores MCU's lighter tone.

If you're talking about the scene I think you're talking about, I loved how ridiculous that was.

Man fucking Jojo is bizzare.
Fixed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shuma is one of those characters that despite being a decent Marvel fan in the 90's I swore up and down was a Darkstalkers character when I first saw him in MvC2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
when's my marvel vs capcom movie

But all seriousness, I have little knowledge of the character aside from "he's in MvC and is from THE CHAOS DIMENSION!!", my mind just went straight to him because I don't know any other space tentacle creatures from the Marvel universe. Heck, I had to look up who they were teasing in the post-credits.

Also, I was asked if they'd make a new Howard the Duck movie since Marvel seems to have the rights back...........I'm fairly certain after the previous film & what I recall was an older demographic of the original comics, that won't happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part 5 is
Dio's son via OG Jim Jam's glorious body.

I have no idea what part six is about. Tokyo Drift with horses?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone needs to make a "Jojo or Bullshit" quiz to make people go "WTF, THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS?!"

I'd love to do a true or false quiz on Japanese light novel titles.

caliph95

I can attest to that because of my quirk and curiosity plus memes i got spoiled by shit and Part 5 and 6 still surprise me

artworks-000221311846-r4sc6z-t500x500.jpg

Toonami Showdown 4/29/17 - JOHN MARSTON

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown010

"This week, we react to NHK's top 100 anime of all time, talk airplane censorship, consider whales as predators, say the word "pleb" out loud, come up with bird names, and make outdated gamer stereotypes. Plus, Tacos."

seriously guys that top 100 anime list was super fucked up

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jojo's descendants are all hooligans who disrespect their parents, get into fights with lawful authority figures, hang out with disreputable people like mobsters and Nazis, make satanic pacts with invisible punch ghosts.

Meanwhile OG Jim Jam is a gentleman who turns his breath into light based energy to fry vampires and zombies. Literally does god's work. His only sin in life was to hang out with Speedwagon, whom he tried and failed to get off of the path to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom