• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently reminded of the Gundam statue that was placed in Turkish city of Ankara.

gundam-built-in-turkey-japan-responds-01-600x400.jpg

Sadly the mayor had to take it down when residents complained it was a waste of taxpayer's money. (Though he didn't take it down immediately. He first told them to "Respect the robot.")

All I can think to myself is man, I would take a Gundam statue over most American statues any day of the week.

What UBW did to Kirei and Gilgamesh was a tragedy.

More accurately f/z took some really fucking lame ubw characters and made them really bad ass.

Unlimited Blade Works is ok, but I'd say it's biggest flaw is I think it kind of takes for granted that it was adapted from a Visual Novel Route. You get characters who are introduced and killed off with really terrible buildup. Relationship dynamics get told to you flat out without letting some characters organically grow.

Shirou is also kind of a dumbass.

I understand WHY they chose to do an accurate adaptation of ubw. The anime team should have gotten the writer of the zero to create an amalgam route that combined elements of all 3 routes to create a "sequel to f/z" route. That way plot elements from f/z that are more relevant to the fate and hf routes could be covered as well.

Marie's got canon on her side though lol

More accurately f/z took some really fucking lame ubw characters and made them really bad ass.

I understand WHY they chose to do an accurate adaptation of ubw. The anime team should have gotten the writer of the zero to create an amalgam route that combined elements of all 3 routes to create a "sequel to f/z" route. That way plot elements from f/z that are more relevant to the fate and hf routes could be covered as well.

Some amalgamation would definitely be cool, especially since it feels like
Saber and Sakura in particular
kind of get screwed over in the routes they're not the focus in.

Moaradin

That's true, but I was coming to UBW as a sequel to Fate/Zero since that was my introduction to the series. Didn't take long to figure out that Urobuchi was the reason F/Z was good and not because the Fate series was any good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone here going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tonight/tomorrow?
I got back from seeing it in 3D.

It would've been better if the people behind me could shut up for longer than 5 minutes & not state the obvious or react annoyingly. Especially during previews. "July 14th!" YES, WE KNOW, WE CAN READ, YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY IT OUT LOUD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've basically scheduled out my Vidja games for the next few months besides random games of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

It goes, as follows.

Final Fantasy II GBA
Final Fantasy III DS
Steins;Gate, get the endings I missed
Steins;Gate Zero
FF IV/Interlude/The After Years PSP
FF V Five Job Fiesta, Playthroughs 1 and 2
Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
Fire Emblem Echoes
Arms
Splatoon 2
FF V Five Job Fiesta Playthroughs 3 and 4
FF VI GBA

Should get me to September/October Only other thing I have planned is another run of Breath of the Wild as the DLC hits, and maybe Twilight Princess HD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Got some Dew SA for the summer. Reminds me of those tricolor red white and blue ice pops that are mainly lemon in flavor. Only disappointing thing about it is that it is rather low on the carbonation for a Mountain Dew product.

cntr

Banned
fate/stay night is about a rule 63 king arthur whose mana is restored by having sex with her master

...........i mean, that's technically right, isn't it?
From what know, the original version of FS/N had a female protagonist with a male King Arthur, and no smut.

...but the publisher told the author that people wouldn't want to play as a girl and read so much story, so we got what we did.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got some Dew SA for the summer. Reminds me of those tricolor red white and blue ice pops that are mainly lemon in flavor. Only disappointing thing about it is that it is rather low on the carbonation for a Mountain Dew product.
I bought a bottle for me & my friend, he said something similar. He said it tasted like those Rocket popsicles. I'll probably try it tomorrow or Saturday since I'm saving it as a treat for working 6 days + cleaning up after GotG2.

Though my favorite (& only) flavor of Mt. Dew will be Pitch Black & I wish for once when I go to Speedway to get it in Freezie/Icee form, it's actually working.

I've basically scheduled out my Vidja games for the next few months besides random games of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

It goes, as follows.

Final Fantasy II GBA
Final Fantasy III DS
Steins;Gate, get the endings I missed
Steins;Gate Zero
FF IV/Interlude/The After Years PSP
FF V Five Job Fiesta, Playthroughs 1 and 2
Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
Fire Emblem Echoes
Arms
Splatoon 2
FF V Five Job Fiesta Playthroughs 3 and 4
FF VI GBA

Should get me to September/October Only other thing I have planned is another run of Breath of the Wild as the DLC hits, and maybe Twilight Princess HD.

Thats allot of Nintendo, is it the only set of consoles you own or is this just a Nintendo-centric playlist?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Actually that's a fairly non Nintendo line up for me with a PSP and two Vita games in there!

But yes, I'm a Nintendo diehard and a handheld fanatic. I've got probably a decade long 3DS backlog I intend to clear. Maybe a two year PSP/Vita one as well.

I've got a certain price point for buying a PS4 in mind compared to the must own software on it. These systems are always hard to justify in my mind because most of the software can be had on PC instead. It's why I didn't get a PS3 until it was dirt cheap.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Actually that's a fairly non Nintendo line up for me with a PSP and two Vita games in there!

But yes, I'm a Nintendo diehard and a handheld fanatic. I've got probably a decade long 3DS backlog I intend to clear. Maybe a two year PSP/Vita one as well.

I've got a certain price point for buying a PS4 in mind compared to the must own software on it. These systems are always hard to justify in my mind because most of the software can be had on PC instead. It's why I didn't get a PS3 until it was dirt cheap.

At this point I play more on my PS4 than my PC because a lot of the games I'm loving don't release for the PC, even some indie stuff.

Oh I see what I did, I still connect some FF titles to Nintendo.

Are you gonna get a New 2DS as well? I'm thinking of getting one seeing as that price point is tempting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh I see what I did, I still connect some FF titles to Nintendo.

Are you gonna get a New 2DS as well? I'm thinking of getting one seeing as that price point is tempting.

Likely. I'm one of the few people in my circle that really likes the 3D effect.

My collection right now is:

1 3DS
2 3DS XLs
2 N3DS XLs

but that price and form factor is attractive.

cntr

Banned
i've always wondered how hard it would be to hack the chrono cross accent generator into other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom