• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
that was hype, yo.

hmmm maybe a little too much battle exposition
honestly, you're probably going to have to get used to it, I can't imagine the anime cuts down much on Togashi's exposition.

...see you guys for Shippuden?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
calling it now

chrollo somehow stole that attack that was suppose to kill him

uuuggggggghhhhhhhhh, it's gonna suck if I have to start working Saturday into Sundays, meaning I'll miss this live along with Lupin.....

Moaradin

hmmm maybe a little too much battle exposition

I think it does a good job at both explaining to us how Chrollo's ability works, while also showing how observant the Zoldycks are. I think it's pretty cool to have Zeno piecing it together instead of having Chrollo explaining his ability like you'd expect.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
you know that would be a cool system for a video game

have a create-your-own-ability system with power dependent on restrictions you set on yourself

Seda

honestly, you're probably going to have to get used to it, I can't imagine the anime cuts down much on Togashi's exposition.

It was better than Bleach-style where everyone explains their own abilities for no reason.

I think it does a good job at both explaining to us how Chrollo's ability works, while also showing how observant the Zoldycks are. I think it's pretty cool to have Zeno piecing it together instead of having Chrollo explaining his ability like you'd expect.

Yeah that helps a lot

cntr

Banned
It's probably the weakest element of Hunter x Hunter if I had to be honest. Togashi does large exposition dumps constantly.
Agreed. I really like the nen system and its rules, but Togashi's way of expositing it is a bit too text heavy, especially for a comic.

I'd prefer something visual or dialogue-based. Or for Togashi to go full Araki and made the exposition ludicrous to read or listen to.

...I sometimes wonder if Japan cares less about exposition, though. It'd make a lot of sense!

TheOGB

Banned
That was fucking hype. I almost fell asleep during the break but that woke me up.

...which is awkward, because now it's definitely time to get some sleep :V

Later ToonamiGAF

Crocodile

Chrono's vs. the Zoldyk family feels like it should be a "near end or arc" fight but I assume we have a lot of arc left to go. I'm curious to see where things go. That was a good fight though.

It's just annoying how much of the weekly discussion is taken over by timeslot complaints. Especially since people knew it was going to happen, and especially since people are deciding to shit on Lupin III, an actually good show, for it.

And if you give it any sort of thought, you know that Tokyo Ghoul is not that popular. It doesn't get especially high ratings, and it wasn't especially highly voted for. Yet that's all people talk about, simply so that they have more excuses to complain. Spin is annoying.

Nah, I'm just bitterly venting since I know you guys will just go back to complaining every week forever.

...anyway, uh, since i'm being a total hypocrite:

Zoldyck hype, yo. Really like Zeno's VA.

• Shows that generate high emotions - good OR bad - get lots of conversation. Shows that are good get a lot of discussion too (unless they are so engrossing people can't turn away from the TV show). That TG is so bad means it will generate compliants. Do you think we shouldn't talk unless we have something good to say?
  • Regarding Tokyo Ghoul, it has to be decently popular to even end up on this block. People asked for this show to be on the block - the average Toonami viewer like "edge".
  • I don't think its unfair that people are annoyed a show they like will be pushed further in the night (which means they have to stay up longer) but I also feel not that many people are complaining about timeslots and it only showed up the past few pages. People will stop complaining about it once its old news.

Moaradin

I think HxH has the best dub in the block right now. Just about every character has been on point, which is pretty rare for a show with such a big cast tbh.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Silva's attack made me think of a Final Flash.

These guys size up to "someone might have to commit suicide!" pretty fast. Thus is the life of an assassin. How did Dad's Dad live so long when sacrifice is this quickly realized an option?

So the Book is a self-created instruction manual to let him remember who'se ability he's using. I feel like the "He steals other's Nen!" thing was kinda... tossed in at the last moment, to add a new layer, but maybe it's just me. It is appropriately fitting for someone who'se the lead of a group, at least.

Time to open a box! Or... talk about it. Or hurt oneself with knives. Something like that.

Seda

I don't know much about Lupin, but I think having a non-shonen non-mecha show will be good, even if it's not super duper stellar or whatever.

Grexeno

Worst Show of the Year is going to be a fun competition between the active atrocity that is Tokyo Ghoul, and the soul-sucking Dementor of boring that is Unicorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom