• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
also I should probably clear this up

There are people who unironically enjoy Gundam plots, yeah, but the vast majority of Gundam fans enjoy the shows mostly ironically. It's fun to make memes out of the silly shit that happens in a Gundam.

Unicorn especially is not known for its plot. If someone brings Unicorn's plot up, it's to make fun of newtype bullshit, Riddhe and Banagher, or Full Frontal's name. Only the most diehard of UC fans enjoy Unicorn for plot.

The real reason to watch Gundam shows are to laugh at them, enjoy the mecha fights, and the memes. Oh, and the Gunpla. That's what Gundam fans actually watch Gundam for, not because they all really think it's well written.

cntr

Banned
"I wanna believe in the possibility humans possess!"

And that's how the Gundam world solved war by holding martial arts tournaments with giant robots.

Crocodile

Who is this old guy anyway? I'm sure they've told us but I've blanked out for most of the show

Also all I could think off when FF showed up was "I can't let you do that Starfox!" LOL

And then Mikazuki walks in, shoots everyone, and blows up the box.

tumblr_nwf1sgbWPg1ro8jcyo1_500.gif

You don't realize how much Mikazuki really was the GOAT until you no longer have him.

Morlas

ok more konoha destruction time....you know these filler bumps are kinda annoying in one of the biggest arcs in the series.

cntr

Banned
maybe a bit excessive to add in the dogs, Kakashi

So...the Federation really follows their amendments?
the point was that the Federation kept it secret so the entire history of the UC was hypocrisy. Also it retcons the entire UC into an accident, lol.

...yeah, it doesn't really make sense.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't remember much good being said of G.Gundam by the Gundam fandom when it first came to Toonami. I enjoyed it, but it's like... the least Gundam Gundam show.

So all the "G.Gundam is the BEST!" talk in here feels so odd.

Fitting in Gundam that Laplace's Box would be a big political scandal. Much like Tokyo Ghoul, Gundam seems to revel in making neither side appear good or bad. It's just 2 competing sides with good and bad people seeded about.

Korigama

Of course I lose power for a sec, so much progress lost in P5...
Happened to me in Steins;Gate a few days ago, had to replay a whole chapter (the auto-save that should've been there at the start of the next one wasn't there, either). Was able to shorten it significantly by using the skip feature, but was still pissed and didn't bother until the next day.
I don't remember much good being said of G.Gundam by the Gundam fandom when it first came to Toonami. I enjoyed it, but it's like... the least Gundam Gundam show.
I see that as a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom