• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that bugs the hell out of me is Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru never seem to become as powerful as their dads.

Maybe Shikamaru does.

cntr

Banned
Eyesharing is a cool concept, but I don't think Naruto uses it all that cleverly. A rare moment where figuring out the opponent's abilities is important, though!

Wonder if GitS has any fights based around eyesharing?

I don't remember much good being said of G.Gundam by the Gundam fandom when it first came to Toonami. I enjoyed it, but it's like... the least Gundam Gundam show.
It used to be hated, but nah, G Gundam is universally popular except in the stingiest part of the fanbase.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eyesharing is a cool concept, but I don't think Naruto uses it all that cleverly. A rare moment where figuring out the opponent's abilities is important, though!

It used to be hated, but nah, G Gundam is universally popular except in the stingiest part of the fanbase.
G Gundam is basically Zelda 2.

Raxus

at-least-you-tried-o.gif

Crocodile

I feel that after so many "pretentious" and "politicky" (but not in a good way) Gundam shows that many English speaking Gundam fans really came to appreciate G Gundam more over time. I have no idea how Japan feels about G Gundam though.

cntr

Banned
I have no idea how Japan feels about G Gundam though.
As far as I know, though it was badly recieved when it first came out in Japan, nowadays it's just as popular there as it is here.

Helps that super robot shows are a lot more popular in Japan than here, too!

cntr

Banned
conceptually, I like how Naruto relies so much on frogs and slugs and weird animals

but the execution isn't that great

edit: "shinra tensei" is a better name than "almighty push", btw

Crocodile

Slugs are such a shitty spirit animal to be stuck with :/

As far as I know, though it was badly received when it first came out in Japan, nowadays it's just as popular there as it is here.

Helps that super robot shows are a lot more popular in Japan than here, too!

Oh cool to see its respected in Japan too. I guess that appreciation helped get Build Fighters off the ground. I hope we get more Gundams in that vein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom