• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
ok, looking it up

Deva Pain does use gravity. Why did they translate it as magnetism?

I know the words for "gravity" and "magnetism" are similar in Japanese, but they wouldn't make such a basic mistake, right? Right?

Grexeno

ok, looking it up

Deva Pain does use gravity. Why did they translate it as magnetism?

I know the words for "gravity" and "magnetism" are similar in Japanese, but they wouldn't make such a basic mistake, right? Right?
Shippuden is one of Viz's "whatever" dubs

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It used to be hated, but nah, G Gundam is universally popular except in the stingiest part of the fanbase.

Sounds like the fanbase who liked UC Gundam for what it was just kept on going, and those that remain are just, 100%, in it just for the fights, ha.

I mean, good for it, though. Does that make it ahead of it's time? Or did the vocal fanbase just catch up to where all the Alternate Century creators were back in the 90s, when they started all those divergent stories? *shrug*

--

Kaka Sensei, Tsunade bounced for you. Then punched a wall dead. That's among the best honor you can get here. ... Can they take Iruka Sensei in your place? Don't leave us... (TT_TT)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait.... Kakashi didn't actually die, surely.

It's weird, right? Shit is getting so incredibly real in this arc, with even Kakashi dying, and yet it somehow doesn't really feel like it carries the weight that it ought to. Like Jiraiya's death was very heavy, yet Pain is wrecking the Leaf Village, and it's mostly kind of like "well I guess that just happened."

cntr

Banned
angely i demony!

omg tachikomas

It's weird, right? Shit is getting so incredibly real in this arc, with even Kakashi dying, and yet it somehow doesn't really feel like it carries the weight that it ought to. Like Jiraiya's death was very heavy, yet Pain is wrecking the Leaf Village, and it's mostly kind of like "well I guess that just happened."
That might be a Pierrot thing. I remember it feeling a lot more hype by this point in the manga.

Moaradin

I kinda dig how sudden it is though. Kinda gives the feeling that anything can happen now, and the stakes are super high. You can mourn after the village isn't blowing up.

cntr

Banned
Incidentally, I like how GitS only makes service, infiltration, and sex robots look humanoid. The real battle robots are weird and practical like the Tachikoma, and you can always upgrade a human into a cyborg.

A minor thing, but it's good worldbuilding.

cntr

Banned
Cyborg boxing sounds insane.

...you know, I've gotten used to Batou's eyes, but they must look really creepy to people in-universe.

Toei doesn't own the animation in the movies, Fox does.
Toei is also not at fault for the lack of preproduciton, the Dragon Ball production committee is.
Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting.

definitely doing Toriyama's work

BBboy20

I kinda dig how sudden it is though. Kinda gives the feeling that anything can happen now, and the stakes are super high. You can mourn after the village isn't blowing up.
If it was a better show in general, I might have cared or find his fate believable at this stage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
People who win silver are always the most disappointed.
unlike those bronze winners.

also omg that's right, you learn Batou is a husband with a son. For some reason, that really interested me, maybe because most main characters aren't fathers or husbands.

cntr

Banned
also omg that's right, you learn Batou is a husband with a son. For some reason, that really interested me, maybe because most main characters aren't fathers or husbands.
yeah, same.

i heard of the major having an off-screen boyfriend in the manga, but I didn't know that batou had a family too

the GitS cast is more settled and middle-aged than you'd expect, really.

Raxus

I always thought this was a cover.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

He's not. He's undercover right now. Batou always makes fun of Togusa for being a family man.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He doesn't, it's part of his cover.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh crap, my bad.

I could've sworn a later episode confirmed it, but maybe I just didn't remember correctly.

cntr

Banned
yeeah

the old looking designs of things help with the cyberpunk feel, but i wonder if that was intentional or if they were current back when SAC was made

edit: punch punch upper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom