• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
make sure to add some creamer to that coffee next time

& put it in a bigger cup

....uh....and use a stirring stick?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So that picture is just part of the cover? I think that's what I was thinking of as "proof" of Batou being married/husband.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 19 - Despair Redux! The Return of the Evil Emperor, Frieza!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII
12:00 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV
12:30 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV
1:00 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI
1:30 - Samurai Jack - 58 - XCVII
2:00 - Samurai Jack - 59 - XCVIII
2:30 - Samurai Jack - 60 - XCIX
3:00 - Samurai Jack - 61 - C
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 62 - CI - END

Later.

cntr

Banned
Jack's real name is Clispaeth Ryuji Atuck, obviously.

What was that for?
He was already depressed about losing the Tachikoma, and now he's ruined the wife's life. Probably hurts especially since she gives him a gift for a non-existent wife while his "family" is having their memories wiped.

So, yeah.

Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting.

definitely doing Toriyama's work
A little more background for those interested.
The earliest dated production material for Super are unaltered character designs from Battle of Gods dated at March 30th 2015. Basically the production committee saw the early merch sales and ticket pre-sales for F and told Toei they need a new show immediately, so Toei had barely over 3 months to put a show together. The show also can't be taken off the air to improve production either, they HAVE to keep it going because of the sponsors, so they've been doing their best to improve it as time goes on. The F arc saw a total collapse of the production (You guys will be seeing this in about 4 weeks, have fun!), but through smart planning they've been able to improve with each arc after. The Champa arc is an improvement over the F arc (though I'd say it still looked worse than the BoG arc, but they were also just coming off of a total collapse so you can't really blame them), the arc that follows that looks better than the previous arcs and it's when the show started to get some really nice animation more often, and now the current arc is pretty consistent, so far it's run for 15 episodes and no episode has looked bad as a whole. There is still a ways to go for the production, but it's actually really impressive what they've managed to do in about a year, as of the current arc in Japan the show looks so much better than it did a year ago and it will be interesting to see how it looks by this time next year, especially since the current arc is pretty long, so they'll have more time to plan out the next arc.

Seda

I'm ignorant, but I hope Lupin is a good addition. Does this seem like it would be a suited for a 'group-watch'?

cntr

Banned
Lupin's is a very wacky series, so definitely for sure.

Seriously how did nobody think to reword that line.

But what if it was faithful to the original Japanese!
Given how it was phrased, it must've been deliberately written that way in both Japanese and English. So they probably got instructions to maintain the line in translation.

GitS gives me the impression that the English translators worked closely with the original writers. Pretty rare for an anime, but there's something about the translation that makes it seem that way.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69kVmUroYHOKUNx

Still WIP, sketch dumping continues...

I think Lupin is a decent group watch show, but obviously, I like things a bit differently. One memorable thing to me about the series is how it plays with the old group VS new characters who are more hip about the modern world, and this extends into the way they handle stealing and bringing in their rivals and such.

It makes it feel like a good way to respect the classic watchers, while also giving those who expect something more fresh, a modern feel. To me, that should make a good group watch.

And the final big line of GITS feels like a reference to something, to me. It always did stick out. Though I think a lot of the episode feels like it's playing homage to something specific.

cntr

Banned
Also, I just realized: The guy deliberately took a loss to get some money, and in doing so, blew his boxing career and his life. That's why he got upset about his wife not giving Batou the expensive food.

...and the song the Tachikomas were singing right at the beginning, it was a song about greed being more important than family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom