• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Nope. On another Note Hanji Zoe is crazy. Don't exactly like how her a potato girl look almost the same.
Hanji wears glasses and has a different hairstyle totally different
also gender ambigous
in serious they don't really look a like looking at pics even with the hair and glasses at least not a clone

Hanji wears glasses and has a different hairstyle totally different
also gender ambigous
in serious they don't really look a like looking at pics even with the hair and glasses at least not a clone
Hanji is visibly older. Half my problem is that I can never remember the other girls name.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sfx6QKI.gif

Moaradin

I couldn't tell if that Naruto episode looked good or not lol. Like, some of the animation looked pretty smooth, but also jerky at the same time. And there were some pretty cool shots that were definitely more interesting than the normal bland direction Naruto has.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last night's Naruto had good animation.

Even the lesser animated episodes since the start of this arc have looked good. There was that one episode where they only talked for 23 minutes that looked INCREDIBLE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"terrible" as in "it's slightly off model but it's done that way in order to provide more smooth, unique animation" like people proclaimed Konosuba had during S2, or actual terrible?

"terrible" as in "it's slightly off model but it's done that way in order to provide more smooth, unique animation" like people proclaimed Konosuba had during S2, or actual terrible?

The former.

I make fun at it, but it is actually a pretty fun scene.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The former.

I make fun at it, but it is actually a pretty fun scene.
Ahh, okay. Yeah, I feel as though some people focus too much on staying "on-model", but in a way, it just makes things look more stiff & doesn't allow the character to have more movement or unique expressions. Which I guess if you're trying to go for a more serious tone, sure, but I'd rather let the animators go crazy with making as many unique frames as possible if it leads to silly moments like this:

CompleteEagerFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

I wish I could remember which Gonzo series it was that had some awful running animation, which just looked cheap & out of place, & not the fun kind of cheap like Inferno Cop, which just embraces how cheap it is to add to the humor.

Edit: I have a feeling we'll be having a similar talk if we get Mob Psycho 100 on the block since some people tend to say the animation isn't good, when it's actually the art style that's not clicking with them.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
tumblr_oqbrjeZCGO1s9kej6o1_1280.png

It's nice gettin' to take this straight off an SD Card. Miiverse doesn't treat the pixels as well as I'd like them to.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Now everyone know's why bringing the Zoldyck's in is considered either overkill or "shits got this bad" for most everyone involved. You don't just call them up to take out some gang leader or even a politician, you bring them in to kill the real monsters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering your dislike for Masaaki Yuasa's style of animation, that's completely understandable, seeing as the gif has a "sloppy" style to it. But again, considering the show is going for a silly tone, it works in my opinion. If you tried to pull off something like that gif in a more serious series like.....let's take Hellsing Ultimate since some of us felt the humor was off-putting, it clashes with the mood/tone & doesn't work. This is why I grew tired of Ninja Slayer, because it tried to tell a more serious story compared to Inferno Cop, and the animation shortcuts & cheapness started to clash with the story it was trying to tell. It worked for a few episodes, but as the series went on, I was starting to wish they put a bit more effort into it because the joke of "look how cheap the animation is" wore out its welcome, especially when there was less humorous moments later on.

But to each their own, I just wanted to state my opinion on the matter since I've seen some gifs of Naruto where that sloppier style comes into play during a battle & people feel as though it's suppose to represent the series as a whole & it's taken completely out of context.

Hopefully, what I've typed made sense. This is one of the few times I feel like I can make out my opinion on something & be able to explain why I think something, considering I usually have trouble expressing what works & what doesn't thanks to my level of comprehension.

If I had to change one thing about the season of Samurai Jack, I actually think the whole Aku being defeated should have been the Penultimate episode, with the final episode being the epilogue. Have the last episode focus on Jack getting over Ashi's death and then the final scene showing the new future without Aku's influence.

Because yeah, that's where I thought this season stumbled the most. You had these episodes be a big celebration of all the characters Jack met and influenced along his journey and then 0 closure for them after Jack kills Aku.

Seda

A lot of people in the Samurai Jack OT seem really upset that there is a paradox created with Ashi "never existing"

I feel like there are a lot more important things to criticize other than <do the time travel rules fully hold water>

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A lot of people in the Samurai Jack OT seem really upset that there is a paradox created with Ashi "never existing"

I feel like there are a lot more important things to criticize other than <do the time travel rules fully hold water>

This ain't shit on some other fandoms lol.

There was technically going to be a paradox either way, with or without Ashi. That's just the nature of time travel stories.

Regiruler

I remember playing as/seeing a character that in the past week had something resembling the neogaf logo on their thighs and for the life of me I can't figure out who it was.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Samurai Jack is maybe the one time I've ever preferred when a show was edgy and dark over lighthearted and romantic. It's a real role reversal for my tastes.

I remember playing as/seeing a character that in the past week had something resembling the neogaf logo on their thighs and for the life of me I can't figure out who it was.

Wheezy doodling on Goku's Gi?

If I had to change one thing about the season of Samurai Jack, I actually think the whole Aku being defeated should have been the Penultimate episode, with the final episode being the epilogue. Have the last episode focus on Jack getting over Ashi's death and then the final scene showing the new future without Aku's influence.

I disagree. Something that big needs to be in the final episode. Samurai Jack is mostly episodic, so there's not a lot that feels worth exploring in a complete epilogue episode.

Morlas

Genndy's next project is about a robot ninja who gets sent to the past and has to find a way back to undo the future that is bargain basement sales

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks Bishop! I always feel like this stuff feels like a character select... then I had to go and throw Text in there. Though about drawin' the old man in Unicorn, but I already had Roshi...

I've actually recently thought about making a character select style thing on my wall with these acrylic tile things on Redbubble, like This (Not mine, just a random thread-proper example)

A physical-print wall of Toonami would be cool.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Watching Perfect Blue for the first time.

Sigh....I miss Satoshi Kon.

I didn't LOVE Perfect Blue the first time I saw it. But I think the visual and scene style in Satoshi Kon's works really stuck in my mind, because I could spot that look on later works almost instantly.

It really is an anime that I think is better to appreciate when one is older. The rise and fall of a pop star feels something like... an excuse for showing an idol in compromising situations. But once you know a bit more about the feeling of having success, losing it, and trying to maintain yourself after everything changes without you even noticing... it hits the actual in-depth emotions much more successfully.

He really had works that could stand right alongside contemporary movies that just happened to be using animation. It really set his works apart.

cntr

Banned
really late response to last week's podcast:

You guys are way overthinking where Super's English OP came from. The single release of Chozetsu Dynamic always had the English version on it, all the way back from 2015. A lot of Japanese pop singles include versions sung in English, so it wasn't made with Toonami or Disney in mind.

We got it now because someone at Toei remembered that it existed and sent it over because "why not".

also Kai's OP isn't a voice actor thing, though it's the same guy singing on Hunting For Your Dream and Departure. Buu Kai had an international release before a Japanese release, so that opening technically came first.

edit: also, watched Super episode 18 and went back to the thread to see what people thought

wow, you guys shat all over it. I thought it was pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom