• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZoZo

tumblr_mc87z9fZ8E1ru9rero1_500.gif

Zeno Zostar

And he's only using one hand

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If Nintendo was really cool they'd add Jotoro as a playable character to Arms. He can just stand there with his arms crossed or his hands in his pockets while Star Platinum punches all around him and of course, the classic ORA ORA ORA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can barely remember my b-days after the 21st, since my dad wanted to do something to help cheer me up considering my 21st birthday was also the 1 year anniversary of when my mom passed away, but after that, I can barely remember what we did aside from "oh, got some b-day cards + money in the mail." & then a day or two after I turned 21, my dad wanted me to try beer to convince me it wasn't good & to not drink (something that I already knew I didn't want to do considering how my body was already unhealthy).

I think now, it's just usually been my dad taking me out for dinner or making one of my favorite meals, then one or two presents or $50. 13th birthday in 2004 was amazing because my mom got me a copy of Super Mario RPG & Trauma Center.

Seda

Once you passed college age, the best birthday gifts (from parents or whatnot) are the practical things. Like I'm seriously appreciative when my parents get me belts, clothes for work, an electric kettle, etc. My dad did recently get me an external HDD for my PhD stuff which was neat.

cntr

Banned
man, I can never decide whether I want My Hero Academia to come on Toonami or not

I love the manga, but the anime isn't a great adaptation of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
man, I can never decide whether I want My Hero Academia to come on Toonami or not

I still figure the series is coming in 2018 once Toonami is done with most of the current top picks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Once you passed college age, the best birthday gifts (from parents or whatnot) are the practical things. Like I'm seriously appreciative when my parents get me belts, clothes for work, an electric kettle, etc. My dad did recently get me an external HDD for my PhD stuff which was neat.
Yup. Last year, I asked my dad for one of those water purifier pitchers since it had been a few months since I moved into my apartment & didn't want to use the sink water for making something to drink. However, most of the time, it's kind of hard to think of practical things that I'd like that aren't expensive/outside the price range I expect people to spend for me on my b-day. Plus there's items like clothing that I'd rather pick myself to ensure they fit or I like the design.

Though in all honesty, I'm kind of fine with just money since it gives me the freedom to choose what to do with it & people don't have to go through "oh crap, what should we get as a gift? What do they like again? Think they'll like this?" I can see why some people see it as lazy (a gift card can be seen as "I know you shop here, so here ya go"), but I don't mind.

At this rate, they might wait for the 2nd season to finish so then we get both seasons back to back.

2nd season has been rather good (mainly because it gets into more interesting story arcs) & I'm sure the average Toonami viewer would be okay with the first season.

Seda

For the rest of 2017 there's only 2 more "slots" for new shows: whatever replaces Attack on Titan and whatever replaces Tokyo Ghoul. One of those will probably be Stardust Crusaders. We assumed IBO S2 would happen but I wonder if mecha shows doing poorly might prevent it.

Lupin's replacement will be next around the beginning of 2018, and then more interestingly is when Kai finishes mid-year. At this point, I suspect Super will just slide down to midnight probably.

cntr

Banned
The issue is that Season 2 is also questionably paced, and it misses a lot of the subtle things I love the manga for.

It'd frustrate me a lot to sit through that again. Especially since it's hard to explain why it's not a good adaptation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's still the matter of that new season of FLCL which was reported for "late 2017/early 2018".

I'd say FLCL replacing Tokyo Ghoul might be a possibility considering it's Sept., but I highly doubt it. & replacing Lupin in Dec. would certain fit "late 2017" but that's probably too late.

Granted, we've pretty much heard NOTHING after its initial announcement. No storyboards, no footage, no character designs, nothing.

Man, I wish we could skip this next Super arc and go to the next.

Thing is, it mostly felt like an odd arc out till recently. Where Super is going, it might actually be somewhat important in the long run.

Big spoilers.
Can't believe they're bringing Frieza back again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For the rest of 2017 there's only 2 more "slots" for new shows: whatever replaces Attack on Titan and whatever replaces Tokyo Ghoul. One of those will probably be Stardust Crusaders. We assumed IBO S2 would happen but I wonder if mecha shows doing poorly might prevent it.

Lupin's replacement will be next around the beginning of 2018, and then more interestingly is when Kai finishes mid-year. At this point, I suspect Super will just slide down to midnight probably.

I thought IBO S1 did well? Unicorn is doing poorly because it's so boring and so late.
We might get IBO S2 next year.

Also, Seda, replace the "laughter" with Shippuden with "2024". The show finally ended in Japan.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if like Dragon Ball, we get Boruto long before we reach the end of Shippuden.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apparently, the IBO S2 dub isn't actually done yet?
Last I heard, they started dubbing S2 back in Dec. so that's a possibility. Though I'm not too sure how long the actual dubbing process takes, just the fact they gotta deal with editing & all that after recording the voices.

Seda

Apparently, the IBO S2 dub isn't actually done yet?

I believe Kyle McCarley, the voice of Mikazuki, tweeted about finishing recording about a month ago. Obviously there's more to dub production than just line recording but a dub should be ready if they wanted it on Toonami this year.

(btw Kyle does a pretty good Alm in Fire Emblem Echoes and I hear his 9S in NieR Automata is pretty good too. Also fun fact, those two characters also share the same JP voice.)

My prediction is Mob Psycho 100 replaces Tokyo Ghoul. That would actually give it enough time so that both it and Lupin would end in December and the block can do two new replacements in January just like they did this past year.

I think Mob Psycho 100 would do really well here. It's the show I probably want most on Toonami.

I wonder if Big O is gonna replace GITS now that they got the rights to season 1 back. I'd be fine with that. As we all know, Big O is one of the greatest robot designs of all time, with all its huge beefiness.

Seda

I think Mob Psycho 100 would do really well here. It's the show I probably want most on Toonami.

I wonder if Big O is gonna replace GITS now that they got the rights to season 1 back
. I'd be fine with that. As we all know, Big O is one of the greatest robot designs of all time, with all its huge beefiness.

Wait, when did this happen?

Mizerman

I wonder if Big O is gonna replace GITS now that they got the rights to season 1 back. I'd be fine with that. As we all know, Big O is one of the greatest robot designs of all time, with all its huge beefiness.

They did?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Given that they grabbed the number 2 and number 3 listings from that twitter poll, unless they were chicanery on the business side of things, Mob Psycho 100 has to be coming at some point.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looking ahead, I'm surprised there's only two Naruto arcs left. After the Invasion of Pain there's the Five Kage Summit, and then the war takes up the rest of the series.

The war is already crazy long in the manga (Volumes 52-72, Chapters 489-699), but it's way worse in the anime. Starting Episode 220 and ending 479. It'd be shorter but there's a shitload of filler arcs interspersed, including the infamous
Infinite Tsukiyomi bullshit

And even after the war the series isn't over as they have 20 episodes dedicated to novels and endings!

I give it a few years before we get a new adaptation that sticks to the manga and only ends up being like 250 episodes overall. Maybe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did 2nd Gig get a Blu-Ray? It will likely give a clue to whether or not GITS is being replaced this year.
Yes, it came out Feb. 21st this year. It also suffered from the random "English turns into Japanese" glitch that the 1st season Blu-Ray had.

Chase17

(btw Kyle does a pretty good Alm in Fire Emblem Echoes and I hear his 9S in NieR Automata is pretty good too. Also fun fact, those two characters also share the same JP voice.)

I was wondering why Alm's voice sounded so familiar.

Actually been pretty impressed with the voice acting all around in FE Echoes.

Who wants to cry with me?

I must share this!

Mother gets better the older I get. You need patience. Or cheat codes. I prefer patience.

Protip when playing Mother/EarthBound Beginnings - don't level-grind for 3 hours, get exhausted, and accidentally press the Wii U power button w/o saving!
Similar thing happened with me when I was going through PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

I haven't gone back to either of the two games for 2-3 years because of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom