• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

Persona 5 ending basically turned into
DBZ, give us your energy at the end.

Might as well thrown a Spirit Bomb at him. And a wet fart of Morg going
The worst part of Morg going is that it pretty much overshadows the introduction of Haru/her main dungeon.And she then proceeds to do pretty much nothing the rest of the way.

Oh wait. You mean Morg going at the end. Which also was completely pointless like the jail time the mc spends lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Jack is back and finds himself targeted by the musical assassin Scaramouche, the newly revived Frieza puts all of his efforts toward exacting revenge on the Super Saiyans who slayed him, the demon king Dabura finally steps into the ring with the waiting Gohan, the Scouts make their way towards Trost with Ymir in tow but Reiner has some surprising info for Eren on the way, Kaneki and Touka care for Hinami while Amon mourns the death of his partner, Kurapika finds his quest for vengeance derailed as the Zoldyck assassins have left the Phantom Troupe leaderless, Full Frontal is determined to seize Laplace's Box by any means necessary, Pain continues his assault on the Leaf Village while Naruto continues to try to learn how to harness the power of Sage Mode, and Aramaki makes a pit stop to visit an old flame while overseas in London.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 20 - A Warning From Jaco! Frieza and 1,000 Soldiers Close In
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 20 - A Warning From Jaco! Frieza and 1,000 Soldiers Close In
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 119 - Enter the Headliner! The Looming Demon King!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 31 - Warrior
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 9 - Birdcage
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 53 - Fake × And × Psyche
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 21 - To The World's End
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 160 - Mystery of Pain
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 17 - ANGELS' SHARE

Raxus

1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 9 - Birdcage

latest

Wonder Woman was all sold out at the theater today so I ended up settling for seeing Dead Man Tells No Tales. It was okay, but it felt like a lot of content was left at the cutting room floor. Felt it actually had the weakest climax of all the Pirates films.

Xe4

Banned
So they are re-running Samurai Jack and putting it at 11:00 no less? Uuuuhhhhh...

Not sure that's the greatest move.

Put it in front of GitS, and move everything up by 30 minutes if you want to start it at 11:00 still.

Seda

Probably won't be able to watch the next few weeks.

I have a potentially dumb question. I just recently moved to the west coast. If I get a cable package here, do those typically come with east coast feeds or are those package specific or satellite only? I might have to stick to Sling or maybe try PlayStation Vue.

ckohler

Tonight on Toonami, Jack is back and finds himself targeted by the musical assassin Scaramouche, the newly revived Frieza puts all of his efforts toward exacting revenge on the Super Saiyans who slayed him...
So they are rerunning Jack? Ehh, I'll probably skip it. Great season but no real desire to watch it again,

Also, is Super a rerun? I must have missed it last week.

Seda, I don't know about how time zones work on either cable or PS Vue. However, if you get either you could always watch the Adult Swim livestream which I believe airs Toonami in East Coast timeslots. I have Vue and am in Central so I see the block starting at 10:00 P.M. local time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd just give in & get PS Vue if I could figure out a good way to watch the stream on my TV while still looking good...I wonder if I could log into the AS stream via my PS4 & stream it that way so I don't have to watch it on my phone or have it be laggy via Chromecast streaming it from my laptop, nor have the huge delay that Vue has that'd make me behind on posting comments.

Seda

I have been using SlingTV at my old place and while the stream quality is perfectly good and stable, there is about a 60 second delay.

bigkrev

Saw Wonder Woman today. I didn't trust the reviews- there are people who want this movie to succeed for a variety of reasons, and the last DC movies have been SO bad.

Thankfully, it was probably the best super hero movie since Winter Solider. Went with my dad, who said it was "better than the last half dozen DC movies combined", and we just had a blast with the movie. The rare film that I -never- checked my watch in the entire run time of the film.

Go see it, y'all

Regiruler

Wait, are we really on the 9th episode of tokyo ghoul?

What happened last time again? They killed the old guy right?
Saw Wonder Woman today. I didn't trust the reviews- there are people who want this movie to succeed for a variety of reasons, and the last DC movies have been SO bad.

Thankfully, it was probably the best super hero movie since Winter Solider. Went with my dad, who said it was "better than the last half dozen DC movies combined", and we just had a blast with the movie. The rare film that I -never- checked my watch in the entire run time of the film.

Go see it, y'all

But didn't you like Power Rangers?

Wait, are we really on the 9th episode of tokyo ghoul?

What happened last time again? They killed the old guy right?

Yes, and oh geez, does the plot not slow down at all.

Curious thing bout group watching is it makes you question your judgement. I remember watching the first season of TG and thinking it was at least entertaining.

And we haven't even gotten to season 2 yet...

Probably won't be able to watch the next few weeks.

I have a potentially dumb question. I just recently moved to the west coast. If I get a cable package here, do those typically come with east coast feeds or are those package specific or satellite only? I might have to stick to Sling or maybe try PlayStation Vue.

It depends on the type of cable package. Some of them will come with an East and West coast stations, but those tend to be the more premium ones.

Morlas

there's nothing wrong with liking the power rangers movie....also Wonder Woman was pretty good, i thought Gal did a great job of being a young innocent Diana

Regiruler

I genuinely would have preferred Michael Bay's Power Rangers as opposed to what we got.

Wouldn't be nearly enough martial arts either way, at least MB would give us more robots.

Let's do this shit, y'all! Time to start the night with a rerun of something that just finished airing and had a...marathon last week? Fuck man, ratings are gonna die.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SO I wonder if something is still aiming to replace Samurai Jack that is Toonami related after the rerun period?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't gone to see a movie in theaters since Rogue One.

I hate movie theaters.
I can't even remember the last movie I saw that I was truly excited for, more of just "eeh, I guess I'll go since someone else wants to see it"

Before GotG Vol. 2, it was Lego Batman, & before that..............................I think Pixels because my friend was all "YO, LET'S SEE HOW BAD THIS IS." After the viewing, I asked him if his free guest pass would count towards the gross income of the film. Thankfully, it did not.

The last true "OMG I WANT TO SEE THIS" film was Pacific Rim, but I can't even remember what was before that.

Granted, I've never really been a movie person since I felt I got more value in games & was more "involved" instead of sitting while doing nothing for 2 hours.

Edit: Oh right, my theater never gets the limited release stuff that I want to see, that's another reason why I don't go see movies as often.

Regiruler

I saw Dark Side of Dimensions in theaters twice. Don't know why I saw the sub showing really, but better to do it than not and regret it.

There's "that" sort of fanart for the emoji family isn't there?

Morlas

didn't space dandy do fairly well when they reran season one before season 2 hit back in the day? also jack is so cool in this episode.

Regiruler

It was pretty well thought-out that they delayed showing the credits.

Not gonna lie though, I thought this was in real time, and they just aged super quickly.
Ratings might be down, and not just we're leading with a repeat. People are probably, understandably, watching the news.

I don't think the same demographic is watching the news at 11pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom