• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Part 5 Jojo got me like...
kQ3FSVoJrkYWk.webp

Raxus

Doubtful about the 20% range.

They had 6 fighters to show off. They still have most of the Z warriors to animate and what looks like some Super characters as well.

It will be a while to build that mahvel roster. That being said come crunch time that percentage skyrockets up.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't think the game is going to have a roster as large as some of the MvC games unless there are a lot of clones.

Mizerman

They had 6 fighters to show off. They still have most of the Z warriors to animate and what looks like some Super characters as well.

It will be a while to build that mahvel roster. That being said come crunch time that percentage skyrockets up.

I know. I trust Arc Systems to get the job done gameplay wise. Especially when I get this and mahvel for my library.

cntr

Banned
They'll need a larger cast for a 3v3 fighter, so maybe that's what the 20% refers to? Making and animating a large cast?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't wait for people to complain "BUT BATTLE OF Z HAD OVER 70 CHARACTERS, WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE THAT MANY" the same way fans are whining that MvC Infinite doesn't have the 56 character roster that MvC2 had......despite the fact MvC2 was mainly recycling sprites from previous fighters .

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They'll need a larger cast for a 3v3 fighter, so maybe that's what the 20% refers to? Making and animating a large cast?

I'd rather fewer characters that are unique than clones with a gimmick or a couple differing moves.

Mizerman

I can't wait for people to complain "BUT BATTLE OF Z HAD OVER 70 CHARACTERS, WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE THAT MANY" the same way fans are whining that MvC Infinite doesn't have the 56 character roster that MvC2 had......despite the fact MvC2 was mainly recycling sprites from previous fighters .

Oh, you're gonna hear that as the time flies by. An extremely loud minority.

Did MvC2 really need two Wolverines? Exactly

Dat Wolverine publicity.

The game doesn't have Sakura so it can immediately go fuck itself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
And as a tradeoff, BT3 has some of the series' worst move lists.
Exactly. The bigger the roster, the harder it is to make characters more unique. I'm hopeful in that ASW will be smart & keep it limited instead of "WE NEED TO CRAM AS MANY CHARACTERS AS WE CAN TO PLEASE THE FANS" but I just don't know how you can do that when it feels like DBZ just doesn't have that many unique characters in the first place, though I'm sure ASW will find a way, considering their work on P4 Arena.

My fear is that it's going to turn into a "style over substance" type of fighter, but I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong since damn it, I want it to play as well as it looks & leads to them doing more anime fighters. Plus it's ASW, they can't really do any wrong, especially after how well GG Xrd turned out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BT2 is the sweet spot. Big roster, lots of varied fighters. Fun motion controls too. Easily the third best Wii launch game behind Zelda and Wii Sports.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat FF IV before leaving home this morning. Might play Interlude and The After Years later...but ARMS tonight and FF V on Saturday...Maybe later.

caliph95

Fair, but ArcSys don't seem like they'd be the type to lean too much into clones.

Definitely not going to be that big, though.
Yeah BlazBlue if i remember though i'm a noob in regards to fighting to expect some correction had a good balance between unique fighters and decent sized cast.

It would be nice for a DB game to have restraint to roster sizes
Did MvC2 really need two Wolverines? Exactly
Ikr should have cut out Wolv and kept X-23
I mean I wish, will still be confusing as fuck regardless since whenever you start trying to apply logic to Jojo you're going to cook your brain.
Not even the worst part when it comes to that stuff tbh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder how you could contrive to have the maximum amount of Wolverines possible in a fighting game roster?
"Nah, see, this is a DIFFERENT Wolverine from a different Marvel Universe!

& this is Logan Wolverine from the Marvel Cinematic Universe!!"

cntr

Banned
Multiuniverse Wolverines are obvious, but you could go even further, right?

Wolverine vs Wolverine Infinite

Exactly. The bigger the roster, the harder it is to make characters more unique. I'm hopeful in that ASW will be smart & keep it limited instead of "WE NEED TO CRAM AS MANY CHARACTERS AS WE CAN TO PLEASE THE FANS" but I just don't know how you can do that when it feels like DBZ just doesn't have that many unique characters in the first place, though I'm sure ASW will find a way, considering their work on P4 Arena.

My fear is that it's going to turn into a "style over substance" type of fighter, but I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong since damn it, I want it to play as well as it looks & leads to them doing more anime fighters. Plus it's ASW, they can't really do any wrong, especially after how well GG Xrd turned out.

A lot of the DB characters were unique at least.

And it's a shame because that philosophy of yours isn't wrong... but it's a double-edge sword for me because I want them to cram as many characters in as they can. I kind of don't buy DBZ fighting games anymore (partly because they never look all the unique) mostly because whenever I see one I kind of feel like I know what the roster is going to be and what their moves will be. Like they're gonna have Goku and some variations of him. Gohan. Piccolo. Vegeta. Tien. Yamcha. Freeza. Cell. Majin Buu. The Ginyu Force. Yadda yadda.

And they don't do the thing that Budokai Tenkaichi did anymore which is allow me to play as people who can't fly like Master Roshi and General Blue, my favorite gay nazi man.
They also don't seem to like to acknowledge that the original Dragonball exists. Like I was astonished when I found out that the Xenoverse games has GT shit in it. But no Dragonball shit in it.

For a game like this Fighter Z you'd think it wouldn't matter much if they could fly or not since it's in a 2-D space but they're still probably not gonna have anyone I'm not already expecting.

Probably why I wasn't as hyped as everyone else when it was announced. I was mostly just like "Yeah, it's another DBZ game. Same roster. Same places."

There are Dragonball Super characters around now but that's not enough to really keep it super fresh for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom