• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

I wonder how you could contrive to have the maximum amount of Wolverines possible in a fighting game roster?
They will find a way with comics and theri alternate universe
Old man Logan
Daken, his dickhole of a son
His other son from the ultimate universe
North Korean knock off of Wolverine
X-23
Darkclaw, fusion of Batman and wolverine for a crossover
Ultimate Cable. who was wolverine from the future
Age of apocalypse Wolverine
When he was a horseman of apocalypse

Hell make Wolverine vs Wolverine game

Crocodile

I can't wait for people to complain "BUT BATTLE OF Z HAD OVER 70 CHARACTERS, WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE THAT MANY" the same way fans are whining that MvC Infinite doesn't have the 56 character roster that MvC2 had......despite the fact MvC2 was mainly recycling sprites from previous fighters .

To be fair, considering how much MvC:I is recycling from UMvC3, one shouldn't expect 56 characters but I feel expecting more than what is rumored to be the base roster isn't unreasonable.

Exactly. The bigger the roster, the harder it is to make characters more unique. I'm hopeful in that ASW will be smart & keep it limited instead of "WE NEED TO CRAM AS MANY CHARACTERS AS WE CAN TO PLEASE THE FANS" but I just don't know how you can do that when it feels like DBZ just doesn't have that many unique characters in the first place, though I'm sure ASW will find a way, considering their work on P4 Arena.

My fear is that it's going to turn into a "style over substance" type of fighter, but I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong since damn it, I want it to play as well as it looks & leads to them doing more anime fighters. Plus it's ASW, they can't really do any wrong, especially after how well GG Xrd turned out.

A big trap is that so many of the characters in Dragon Ball fight so similarly and have similar movesets. This isn't Jojo - its already going to be hard to make unique movesets. So hopefully they pay a lot of attention to moveset potential and not just popularity.

caliph95

Well best Jojo is bat shit but it does have to strike the right balance. I've been liking the last few volumes though so as long as it gets adapted well people should really like the Part 5 anime.
Though the censorship is going to be insane for this part too
still standby that they are going to give up and have a blank screen and someone narrating

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, considering how much MvC:I is recycling from UMvC3, one shouldn't expect 56 characters but I feel expecting more than what is rumored to be the base roster isn't unreasonable.
Oh yeah, that I understand, especially when you take in consideration just how few "new" characters there are to the MvC series. Seeing certain characters be 3D for the first time like Thanos & Jedah are neat (.....well, WOULD'VE been neat due to how the game looks), but yeah, so many MvC3 returners kind of dampen the hype I've had to the point I've decided against getting the LE. I just wasn't expecting 50+ at launch like some people have.

A big trap is that so many of the characters in Dragon Ball fight so similarly and have similar movesets. This isn't Jojo - its already going to be hard to make unique movesets. So hopefully they pay a lot of attention to moveset potential and not just popularity.
That is exactly why I wish ASW was doing One Piece or Jojo, because I would feel more excited over actually playing it compared to watching it. But yeah, again, it's ASW, this is one of the first time DBZ is in the hands of a company who will make it like a true 2.5D fighter compared to what Atari & Spike/Namco Bandai have been doing.

...well, 2nd time since ASW helped with Extreme Butoden. But yes, I completely agree, I hope they focus on a smaller roster that aims for characters feeling more unique

cntr

Banned
you guys remember that there's a Jojo OT, right?

Would be fun to have Beerus in the game, and have him sneeze at people for an attack.

I've had Inhumans explained to me multiple times, and I still don't know what they are,
Yeah, uh, I don't really get them either. They inhale alien swamp gas or something?

caliph95

you guys remember that there's a Jojo OT, right?
Easy to forget
Would be fun to have Beerus in the game, and have him sneeze at people for attacks.
More goofy attacks and characters would be cool
Yeah, uh, I don't really get them either. They inhale alien swamp gas or something?
Let's not get to Inhumans don't feel like explaining

cntr

Banned
Never got, especially in Gundams, how opening directors think people standing around and staring off into the distance for no reason with weird floaty heads would be an interesting thing to do.

gimme an arc system works one punch man x mob psycho 100 fighting game
A One Punch Man fighting game would just be Divekick with more giblets.

Morlas

Gah there's so many good games coming out i can't keep up with all of 'em

as for mecha show openings my fav is Sorairo Days from Gurren Lagann

Been busy lately. Haven't had time to make any real headway in games. Still playing Fire Emblem Echoes.

Who in their right mind is gonna bother training up a character like Nomah when you've probably put time and resources into Boey and, especially, Mae?

tumblr_nnw7vcBvo01s8yicyo1_540.gif

caliph95

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.