• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see Grexeno is doing well, being recognized and all.

DCi_En_PGXYAAO9_M.jpg

Yeah, that does kinda sum it up.

Grexeno x All Might? >.>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Jack tries to patch himself back together after the assault by the Daughters of Aku, Gotenks attives on the scene but he's faced with a surprising new opponent as Captain Ginyu reenters the fray, Vegeta unleashes his pent up fury on Goku as the two Saiyans renew their grudge once more, the Colossal Titan's collapse opens up an opportunity for Bertholdt and Reiner to steal away with Eren leaving the Scouts to grapple with what to do next, the CCG and Anteiku storm the Aogiri Tree hideout to try to take back Kaneki, Chrollo puts his new abilities to good use and focuses in on one suspicious target in particular: Hisoka, the gang is back in action and Inspector Zenigata is back on the hunt as the infamous thief Lupin III is supposedly preparing to get married in San Marino, Pain confronts Tsunade directly and unleashes his full power to destroy the Leaf Village, and Section 9 is called in to investigate a Russian kidnapping ring after the former Prime Minister's daughter is abducted.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 22 - Change! An Unexpected Return! His Name Is Ginyu!!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 22 - Change! An Unexpected Return! His Name Is Ginyu!!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 121 - I am the Strongest! The Clash of Goku vs. Vegeta
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 33 - The Hunters
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 11 - High Spirits
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 55 - Allies × And × Lies
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 1 - The Wedding of Lupin III
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 162 - Pain to the World
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 19 - CAPTIVATED

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember tonight's episode of Super being alright.

Episode 24, two episodes from now, is one of the ugliest episodes of Dragon Ball. It's not this bad.

561d2dc3ebdae43c1bd05cdda678d006.jpg

But it's certainly not good.

Of course, if they wanted to balance out the block for the artistry Super is currently lacking...

DCf_Nzaq_Ws_AAx_Nv_S.jpg

They could bring something else to the block.
China, IL is an adult swim show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It is Funimation through Crunchyroll deal though which I am not sure how it covers TV.
I would assume Crunchyroll only has the sub rights while Funi has the dub & owns show rights if they announce they picked up the rights, which is what I understand when it came to them teaming up.

I don't think Crunchyroll would play a role if Funimation is the one who announces they have the rights to a show, especially if they're dubbing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
surprise, it was actually sentai who dubbed mob psycho 100

have fun listening to mob being voiced by shinichi

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It matters a lot in the case of who might have the US television rights.

To loop it back around to Kanberi, Crunchyroll has the home video rights to that property which they are sharing with Funi because they have the infrastructure for dubbing and distribution and Amazon has the streaming rights and lot among the discussion is terrestrial broadcast.

I would assume Crunchyroll only has the sub rights while Funi has the dub & owns show rights if they announce they picked up the rights, which is what I understand when it came to them teaming up.

I don't think Crunchyroll would play a role if Funimation is the one who announces they have the rights to a show, especially if they're dubbing it.

I believe how the pieces fall is Crunchyroll has the Broadcasting Rights to license out. Through the partnership, Funimation picked up the English Dub streaming and will be doing the Home Video release. So if Toonami is looking to pick it up, they'd likely have to negotiate with Crunchyroll, not Funimation.

So what? If it's Funi, it's Funi.

When a Licensor gets a the rights to a series, it's typically the whole shebang: Dubbing, Broadcasting, Streaming, Home Video distribution, etc. CR originally picked up the rights to quite a few series like Mob Psycho, Gintama, the new Berserk (lol). It's likely that their partnership deal only means Funimation gets the English Dub streaming rights and Home Video distribution. In that case, Crunchyroll would still hold the Broadcasting Rights. Same in reverse, series that Funimation have been sharing with Crunchyroll (Psycho Pass, My Hero Academia, etc.) they have all the other rights to.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also sometimes Toonami will go right to the Japanese license holder to acquire a show like with Gundam and Lupin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The original anime hammers home the idea that he doesn't see Guts as his friend because he thinks friends as those who are equal , as in, those who can stand on their own. Which is something Guts lacks since joining the band.

Mizerman

The original anime hammers home the idea that he doesn't see Guts as his friend because he thinks friends as those who are equal , as in, those who can stand on their own. Which is something Guts lacks since joining the band.

Which is telling when Guts decides to follow his dream in order to be seen as an equal, Griffith got over-reliant on Guts and didn't want him to leave. Which got worse from there...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i guess you could say getting through the pain arc is really....

....*puts sunglasses on*

tedious

From a certain point of view I can "get" what Griffith's logic was there and why he ultimately ends up making the deal with the devil. He's essentially sending the Band of Hawk out on the battlefield to potentially die, all for the endgame of him becoming an important political figure. He can't afford to view his men as his friends because then he's going to start having second thoughts about whether their deaths were worth it, and then that would mean he's been leading men to their deaths for virtually nothing.

I remember tonight's episode of Super being alright.

Episode 24, two episodes from now, is one of the ugliest episodes of Dragon Ball. It's not this bad.

561d2dc3ebdae43c1bd05cdda678d006.jpg

But it's certainly not good.

Of course, if they wanted to balance out the block for the artistry Super is currently lacking...

DCf_Nzaq_Ws_AAx_Nv_S.jpg

They could bring something else to the block.

Is this a making of anime show why is the image unfinished?

cntr

Banned
Pierrot's totally botched the pacing of the Pain arc so far, from what I've seen of it. And part of the reason Pain worked in the manga was because the pacing became great, so...

which shouldn't be surprising, but still

Did we watch the same show/read the same manga? Griffith loves Guts. Griffith was a perfectly logical socially withdrawn human being up until the point Guts left.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why on earth would Crunchyroll hold onto the TV rights, which they literally have no use for.

It is more TV Rights and Streaming Rights being one and the same, for example we have numerous examples of power plays made by Netflix and Hulu done to keep a show off of other services including Toonami, Sailor Moon most prominent among them.

Grexeno

It is more TV Rights and Streaming Rights being one and the same, for example we have numerous examples of power plays made by Netflix and Hulu done to keep a show off of other services including Toonami, Sailor Moon most prominent among them.
Then if Funimation has the Dub Streaming rights then they would naturally have the Dub TV rights.

cntr

Banned
Then if Funimation has the Dub Streaming rights then they would naturally have the Dub TV rights.
Usually it's more like, Crunchyroll has the streaming rights, period, but they let Funimation 'borrow' the rights to make the dub. Same way Adult Swim loses the rights to a show after a while.

So the ultimately the rights and the final decision on who can use them lie with Crunchyroll, not Funimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom