• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Be like me, accept that you aren't able to stay up late anymore, and just take any episode that you see as they come. It's more fun this way.

The time isn't a problem (especially now that I'm on the west coast). I've just been moving and/or in temp housing the last three weeks.

Apparently the FLCL season 2 trailer will be shown at AnimeExpo.

DCeebnFWsAEaaa9.jpg

you know what are cool

original ip for your original shows instead of continuing things from 10 years ago

Don't mind me, just salty that I don't care about Samurai Jack or FLCL, but desperate for an original AS Toonami action series for adults

My general attitude to sequels to shows with concrete conclusions and remakes is if they're bad, you can simply ignore them.

Eureka AO is a disaster of a sequel. Eureka Seven is still really good. The rebuild movies veered way off the track in 3.33, but the original Evangelion series still holds up. Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are actively making the Alien universe incredibly lame, but Alien/Aliens will always be great movies.

Mizerman

Eh. If this new season of FLCL ends up being a dud, I'll be disappointed but at least I'll still have the first season to look back on.

ckohler

I think FLCL 2 & 3 could work as I'm guessing it's going to be FLCL: The Next Generation of sorts. But what concerns me is that Imaishi is not involved. His style of animation was all over the original.

bigkrev

Samurai Jack made sense because it never properly concluded. FLCL continuation is a bit more.... unnecessary.

We live in an era where everything that people loved that didn't need a follow-up will get a follow-up, come hell or high water.

Personally, I'm happy we get more FLCL. Even if it isn't as good as the original, I am an adult who can accept that they aren't ruining my childhood or anything.

Line_HTX

Titan S3 officially confirmed for 2018 at the end of the season finale broadcast and twitter account.

Bring Ancient Magus Bride and Kabaneri to Toonami, Kappa

Line_HTX

I think the S2 director said in an interview on the Funimation Youtube that there's better planning in production this time around, meaning they do not want the awful disaster that was missing cuts and frames and dragging parts out unnecessarily like in S1.

Attack on Titan S2 finale. Not going to spoil anything but now I'm anxious to hear how Bryce Papenbrook will perform as Eren in a certain scene.

Titan S3 officially confirmed for 2018 at the end of the season finale broadcast and twitter account.

Kabaneri is definitely a possibility since Crunchyroll was supposed to be having it dubbed back when they made that partnership with Funimation.

I remember tonight's episode of Super being alright.

Episode 24, two episodes from now, is one of the ugliest episodes of Dragon Ball. It's not this bad.

561d2dc3ebdae43c1bd05cdda678d006.jpg

But it's certainly not good.

Of course, if they wanted to balance out the block for the artistry Super is currently lacking...

DCf_Nzaq_Ws_AAx_Nv_S.jpg

They could bring something else to the block.

Seda

Hmm some of my imgur images in the OP (even relatively newer ones) are broken. The thumbnail shows up fine on my imgur gallery page but not the direct image. Hopefully it's just a temp server issue or something.

ckohler

Hmm some of my imgur images in the OP (even relatively newer ones) are broken. The thumbnail shows up fine on my imgur gallery page but not the direct image. Hopefully it's just a temp server issue or something.
It mat just be you or your isp as I am seeing them fine, even after force refreshing.

ckohler

Actually, I take that back. Some of the retired shows' images are indeed not loading. Here are the ones I was able to salvage. I've re-uploaded them to Imagur so they should be "fresh" now.

Z4qnuXO.jpg

9XPFU1H.jpg

EQcURiE.jpg

The only one I couldn't recover was Kill la Kill.

Raxus

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't understand the Cars franchise.

I just don't get it.

Because money.

I wish I could find a good Lupin hype video outside of its OP but sadly my google fu for the history of Lupin only comes up with the cringiest of videos.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I wonder if Kanberi's TV rights are even available or if that is something tied to Amazon? For that matter, that is the thing that could keep Mob Psycho 100 off of the block as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom