• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Unleash giant and terrible beasts on the world and have them hunt and kill humans as prey, this way humankind will come together and "evolve" into better humans in order to defeat the beasts.

So they want to live in Attack on Titan world then

Unleash giant and terrible beasts on the world and have them hunt and kill humans as prey, this way humankind will come together and "evolve" into better humans in order to defeat the beasts.

The Maze Runner takes it a step further but is somewhat similar.

They kidnap kids who are immune to becoming zombies and have them run through mazes with giant monsters and traps in them because... they think this will stimulate brain activity that will allow them to find what makes them immune???

Why not just have them do math problems or logic puzzles to study their brain activity? Why kill the people immune to becoming zombies?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They kidnap kids who are immune to becoming zombies and have them run through mazes if the mazes had giant monsters in them because... they think this will stimulate brain activity that will allow them to find what makes them immune???

Why not just have them do math problems or logic puzzles? Why kill the people immune to becoming zombies?

Adrenaline?

They kidnap kids who are immune to becoming zombies and have them run through mazes with giant monsters and traps in them because... they think this will stimulate brain activity that will allow them to find what makes them immune???

Why not just have them do math problems or logic puzzles to study their brain activity? Why kill the people immune to becoming zombies?

The plot of Maze Runner makes no sense no matter how hard they try to justify it.

They should be studying the kids immune system not study their neurological system.

RagnarokX

Well, Pain's plan is basically what happened in the real world with the accumulation of nukes. Peace achieved through mutually assured destruction. Of course, each village already has a tailed beast, so that plan makes no sense
so Kishimoto had to come up with something else.

Seda

I don't think many people understand how evolution actually works

"Unnatural Evolution" is also a pretty common trope.

My favorite villains off-hand, both from video games, are
Albedo (Xenosaga) and, oddly, Richter from Tales of Symphonia 2. They have some similarities

cntr

Banned
the direction this episode is already looking pretty good

I guess I'm watching these episodes mostly for the first time.
oh, ok.

"Unnatural Evolution" is also a pretty common trope.
the thing is, even if evolution worked that quickly, there's no guarantee that humans would become stronger

like e.g., an equally valid alternative is to become cowards and hide from monsters, and surely that's not the goal?

cntr

Banned
The last few GitS episodes have been kind of iffy animation-wise, so the improved animation and direction this episode is nice.

And heh @ Russia stuff.

cntr

Banned
GitS computers remind me of that 3d computer from Jurassic Park, though that was real

this episode is weird and kind of creepy

cntr

Banned
I wonder how old the Major and Batou really are

edit: also yeah, the Russia connection makes this sound even more like a North Korea reference

Seda

clearly in order to get Trump to disclose his connections, we need to trick Russians into kidnapping Barron. Or something. I dunno

cntr

Banned
such incredible math, Aramaki

& then just walks down the sidewalk with cars passing by.
wasn't that the Russian embassy? I suppose she intended to flee there, where the Japanese police couldn't do anything to her, but they literally shut the door in her face

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 23 - Earth! Gohan! Both on the Ropes! Hurry and Get Here, Goku!!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 23 - Earth! Gohan! Both on the Ropes! Hurry and Get Here, Goku!!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 122 - Countdown to Revival; Crush Babidi’s Ambitions!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 34 - Opening
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 12 - Ghoul - END
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 56 - Beloved × And × Beleaguered
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 2 - The Fake Fantasista
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 163 - Explosion! Sage Mode
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 20 - RE-VIEW

Later.

Don't be too excited about the 1 am slot. That's more a technicality than anything else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did they already announce what Tokyo Ghoul is getting replaced with?
No, we've still got the 12 episode Season 2 to deal with.

Four more episodes of Attack on Titan? I wonder if we'll get confirmation of a show replacement at some Anime Expo panel.
That's my bet, considering Anime Expo is the first weekend of July & AoT ends 2 weeks after.

caliph95

I'm sure ANBU will succeed this time.
Weren't the Anbu supposed to be special forces and Black ops team of the ninja world, why are they such scrubs

I guess what happens when you used them as measuring sticks for your bad guys that they end up being useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom