• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecotic

I can never follow the plot of GITS. Every week I sit down, put aside the second screen, and try to follow along but never can fully. It's frustrating.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Weren't the Anbu supposed to be special forces and Black ops team of the ninja world, why are they such scrubs

I guess what happens when you used them as measuring sticks for your bad guys that they end up being useless

A better planned out Naruto would have had everyone shooting to become Anbu and have the corps used sparingly (while being total badasses when shown).

Yep. YOU'VE GOT 13 MORE WEEKS

zdLa1Y1.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can never follow the plot of GITS. Every week I sit down, put aside the second screen, and try to follow along but never can fully. It's frustrating.
Don't worry, that was sort of my experience first watching it as a teen. & it's not really the best group watch show.

cntr

Banned
Basically, in Part 1 of Naruto, the ninja world and stuff was really mysterious and you constantly got hints that it was bigger than what we saw. Anbu being mysterious and supposedly super strong fit into that pretty well, since we knew Kakashi was an ex-Anbu member.

But since in Part 2, the mystery of Part 1 turned out to be a huge pile of nothing and the whole thing was abandoned entirely, Anbu became fodder to hype up the new villains.

Seda

Anbu are basically red shirts. You can't kill of named characters all the time (though it does happen), so they work well as fodder. It also doesn't help that the only Anbu members we actually get introduced to is like....Sai right? :\

cntr

Banned
I totally forgot Sai was supposed to be from ANBU, lol

in general most concepts introduced in part 1, including ANBU, amount to much less than they should in part 2

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anbu are basically red shirts. You can't kill of named characters all the time (though it does happen), so they work well as fodder. It also doesn't help that the only Anbu members we actually get introduced to is like....Sai right? :\

Kakashi and Yamato as well.

Seda

Kakashi and Yamato as well.

I intentionally left out Kakashi because
all we know is that he was Anbu for some period of time but it hasnt been expanded on nor does it seem relevant to anything.

I totally forgot about Yamato for a moment.

cntr

Banned
Yamato too, with the backstory he has, he really should be a major character, but he's totally forgettable and background.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I intentionally left out Kakashi because
all we know is that he was Anbu for some period of time but it hasnt been expanded on nor does it seem relevant to anything.

I totally forgot about Yamato for a moment.

He's been written out of the story at this point, which makes no goddamned sense but here we are.

caliph95

the direction this episode is already looking pretty good

oh, ok.

the thing is, even if evolution worked that quickly, there's no guarantee that humans would become stronger

like e.g., an equally valid alternative is to become cowards and hide from monsters, and surely that's not the goal?
I think not an expert or scientist,its a misconception of Darwin and due to the phrase survival of the fittest. People think evolution means a species will get "better" when it only means the traits that lead to survival will grow (in my five year old understand) not that the species will become stronger.

Yamato too, with the backstory he has, he really should be a major character, but he's totally forgettable and background.
Naruto in a nutshell

caliph95

A better planned out Naruto would have had everyone shooting to become Anbu and have the corps used sparingly (while being total badasses when shown).

zdLa1Y1.gif
I would have them be a lot smaller too, so you don't run into the problem of why doesn't the Hokage and Danzo send Anbu to deal with their problem

It's a consequences of the power creep and the story needing (or Jump) big villains that

Seda

Not really related: Natural selection seems almost no-brainer obvious to me and I'm not sure how a small subset people can try to denounce evolution.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One advantage to being a mod is that I can edit my posts in quotes

You didn't really need to spoiler tag that post, it's fairly well known.

I would have them be a lot smaller too, so you don't run into the problem of why doesn't the Hokage and Danzo send Anbu to deal with their problem

It's a consequences of the power creep and the story needing (or Jump) big villains that

I mean, they should be like Seal Team Six. Instead they're a combo of that and the Secret Service/FBI.

cntr

Banned
I would've made the team system something only ninja students adhere to, rather than something maintained through the entire series. That way stuff like ANBU becomes a goal to aim towards, à la how aurors were portrayed as being in Harry Potter.

Not really related: Natural selection seems almost no-brainer obvious to me and I'm not sure how a small subset people can try to denounce evolution.
From what I understand, Victorians has an idea that nature was a nice thing made for them by God, so Darwin demonstrating that nature was really nasty and animals were in a constant battle for survival upset them a lot. Most modern creationists are the philosophical descendants of those people.

Good song, yo.

caliph95

I do love the logic of evolution causing you instead of having different skin color or something you have ice powers and magentic powers, how would you evolve to get powers like that. Some cases Gods (it's like writers need an excuse to have any powers they want

At least IIRC they retcon it for Mutants and Eternals to be the work of Space Gods (Inhumans being normal aliens so are methumans in DC, which are mutants without the numbers and discrimination)

caliph95

I would've made the team system something only ninja students adhere to, rather than something maintained through the entire series. That way stuff like ANBU becomes a goal to aim towards, à la how aurors were portrayed as being in Harry Potter.

From what I understand, Victorians has an idea that nature was a nice thing made for them by God, so Darwin demonstrating that nature was really nasty and animals were in a constant battle for survival upset them a lot. Most modern creationists are the philosophical descendants of those people.

Good song, yo.
Which is Funny
as muslim
and i don't want to get in a religious argument because those get messy both Big Bang and natural selection wouldn't conflict but whatever

caliph95

Catching up too bad we're in the worst part of Super and i notice why people had problems with the animation it's a good thing the dub more than makes up for it

Yeah, Lupin was pretty fun last night.

Fell asleep halfway through Naruto. Not because it was a bad episode, but because I'm adjusting to a new work schedule.

Bout to kick of 13 days of straight work. Pray for me Toonami-Gaf.

cntr

Banned
That Lupin episode had a character who spoke in a stereotype Italian accent, and it worked.

Like, think about that. How many dubs could pull that off? It's amazing.

I feel Lupin the third is gonna crater in ratings for a plethora of reasons

1) rerun opening the block
2) lead in show doesn't seem to retain
3) the show itself I dunno how compelling it is to the toonami audience

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel Lupin the third is gonna crater in ratings for a plethora of reasons

1) rerun opening the block
2) lead in show doesn't seem to retain
3) the show itself I dunno how compelling it is to the toonami audience

I don't think there is much in the way of ratings expectations considering the low debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom