• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lupin premiered back in the day near the end of AS.

Also that episode was fantastic and a good example of one common Lupin plot. Basically someone in the group does something uncharacteristic only for it to be the first part of a multi part con to get some rare ass valuable from some group.

The other common plots are: Someone wants to kill Lupin for something he did and a routine burglary turns into something...complicated.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It took about half a decade to get one One Piece opening's rights secured.

Gundam Zeta, a show from before most of you were born, never gets its amazing second opening when released here.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Gundam Zeta, a show from before most of you were born, never gets its amazing second opening when released here.

Doesn't get the proper music for the first Op either because the composer owns the song rights.

Wait so its true, they did butcher the OP and background music?!

What did they change it to? Italian version or some kind of 4kids-Dragonball Z situation where its all a new composition?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Man, it used to suck when things were replaced in TV showings. The only options you had to see the real stuff was to buy some expensive VHS or DVDs, or to import, since the official stuff wasn't even cleared for foreign release.

... Now you might have to watch the show as a free, official, legal stream. Or see 10s of people who have a version on YouTube or Veoh or Dailymotion.

Even our worse cases aren't all that bad anymore, ha. I did wish we kept the final montage shot:

lupin-iii-op-large-09.jpg

But the art pieces they used were pretty nice. And I somewhat wonder if the style of this TV OP will actually feel more heist-appropriate to the average watcher?

We can't get either opening due to legit Neil Sedaka. Same for the ending I believe. They're all Neil Sedaka songs.

Jarate

Banned
sorry I didnt post much last night, it's been super hectic to be a Sixers fan the past 2 days

I really liked Lupin III, Really makes me wish Tokyo Ghoul stopped existing though

caliph95

You think you're tough, you're not tough unless you throw your unconcious kid who you knocked out of a cliff.

I do love the attempt to humanise heihachi
they say he did in order to get rid of devil gene and that if he survived he's right nevermind if he died and turned out to be wrong or try to help your son control it.

Mizerman

tumblr_m159buJ6o91r4axe5o1_500.png

You think you're tough, you're not tough unless you throw your unconcious kid who you knocked out of a cliff.

I do love the attempt to humanise heihachi
they say he did in order to get rid of devil gene and that if he survived he's right nevermind if he died and turned out to be wrong or try to help your son control it.

And the only reason that he conceived Lars was to determine if he inherited the devil gene...

Yeah I know Yusuke is the nice one. Hopefully Keiko turned him into an honest man. Ging on the other hand, "Mitou! Look at my back as I walk away from your ass...forever."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh man

was talking to my younger, 15-year-old sister about how we've been watching Tokyo Ghoul

She's seen the series & has 6 volumes of the manga & despite being a fan, even she called the 2nd season of the anime crap

If even a fan of TG thinks the 2nd season is bad, we're in for a ride

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
oh man

was talking to my younger, 15-year-old sister about how we've been watching Tokyo Ghoul

She's seen the series & has 6 volumes of the manga & despite being a fan, even she called the 2nd season of the anime crap

If even a fan of TG thinks the 2nd season is bad, we're in for a ride

At least we've got Lupin now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why is the fifth opening of FMA:B so lackluster compared to the rest? It ruined FMA and FMA:B's perfect track record!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom