• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
lol naruto's face and imagniation

Huh. Interesting. So like the original constitution that governs Earth and Spacenoid relationships? They couldn't write a new one? Or too much politics in the way?

It's the primary cause of the Zeonic rebellion and the death of a few billion people, plus making the earth nigh uninhabitable. Peace is nearly impossible with the Federation in power.
Specifically (I guess this is spoilers for Unicorn),
the original version of the Federation constitution allowed legal secession by space colonies, and full rights and protection to Newtypes.

It essentially
retcons the UC into a giant mistake,
lol. Very much not a fan.

Crocodile

It's the primary cause of the Zeonic rebellion and the death of a few billion people, plus making the earth nigh uninhabitable. Peace is nearly impossible with the Federation in power.

I'll admit I've become a bit hazy on my recollection of UC politics. I feel the show could have done a better job explaining Laplaza's box (unless they plan a big "reveal" near the end). Anyway thanks and good job figuring it out :)

cntr

Banned
Who writes Naruto's dub script, anyway? Like lines like "Itachi's visual prowess", "Pervy-sage", "Pain's special feature"...it all feels weirdly rough and untranslated

It's like it didn't get the full editing treatment a dub should.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll admit I've become a bit hazy on my recollection of UC politics. I feel the show could have done a better job explaining Laplaza's box (unless they plan a big "reveal" near the end). Anyway thanks and good job figuring it out :)
It's conspiracy theory 101 as the dude was assassinated and they show the charter floating in space in the intro.

Then the guy with the rocket launcher spells out the conspiracy theory in the fourth or fifth episode.

cntr

Banned
From the people who brought you the Bleach dub
They should be fired. You can't translate things so literally.

...then again, they constantly use stuff like "jutsu" and other untranslated words so I guess that's just a thing with Naruto.

(...and sometimes it feels like they didn't give a shit.)

Crocodile

Naruto was always a lazy dub so things like these word choices are nothing new.

Anyway, I feel there had to be a more covert way of finding Naruto than blowing up the entire Leaf Village LOL. You're a Ninja, sneak around Pein :p

lol naruto's face and imagniation

Specifically (I guess this is spoilers for Unicorn),
the original version of the Federation constitution allowed legal secession by space colonies, and full rights and protection to Newtypes.

It essentially
retcons the UC into a giant mistake,
lol. Very much not a fan.

Is Unicorn the last entry in the UC timeline?

Anyway, I feel there had to be a more covert way of finding Naruto than blowing up the entire Leaf Village LOL. You're a Ninja, sneak around Pein :p

He has to cause Pain tho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Victory.

post-14358-nYc0.gif

ae98ef578a9dfa45aca9a2a813874f73ddd3a02a5af12cf8387451f59dcc8cd7.gif

YBgLOYH.gif

post-14358-ECLb.gif

cntr

Banned
This is a lot slower paced than I remember, and I don't know if I'm remembering it wrong or if Pierrot stretched everything out, heh.

No, but it's the last major animated one.

edit: lol I totally forgot about Victory and F91

BBboy20

If Sakura can just punch shit, why isn't she the point woman of the unit? Shit, she can heal too so she's almost the total package.

Crocodile

Hey look Sakura did a thing!

This is a lot slower paced than I remember, and I don't know if I'm remembering it wrong or if Pierrot stretched everything out, heh.

No, but it's the last major animated one.

edit: lol I totally forgot about Victory and F91

Unicorn is the most recent one (as in when it was made in our time) though right? So it couldn't have retcon the UC unless that "retcon" was accounted for in F91 and Victory right?

Moaradin

He is the final boss the series deserved. He talks the talk and walks the walk unlike the rest of the villains in the series.

Pain: Fuck the Leaf

*Proceeds to fuck the Leaf*

Na,
Madara
is pretty damn dope. His entrance is one of the best episodes in the series.

If Pain is the last good thing about this show, they needed to spend way more time building this up.

It's not, but it's probably the last good stretch of episodes. There will be good moments/episodes all the way torwards the end of the series (and I think the ending itself is pretty dang good considering), but it's a lot more spread out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom