• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Parasyte wins for having one of the more normal family representations in anime.
Yes I realize it goes to shit.

Akame Ga Kill at least reached "So Bad, it's Good" threshold for me.

I'm more worried if Parasyte will end up boring and mediocre like Dimension W.
I have never seen Dimension W, but Parasyte definitely ends on a bit of a "Whomp" sure as shit isn't helped by being the last thing my ex and I finished watching.

giphy.gif

Line_HTX

I kind of wish Ordinal Scale was its own season instead of a movie. This way Kirito can be slightly less bullshit than he already is.

ToonamiGAF, what was the general thread consensus on Parasyte? I skipped out on it back when it was airing, but I noticed over on r/Anime, they're going to start doing a Group rewatch of it, so I was tempted to go along with it.

*Reading the Parasyte manga back in the day*
My outlook on life seems to have changed in a positive way. (This is before making it to the last arc, mind you)

*After watching the anime*
Eh it was a solid watch through. I actually did like the dub more since it matched up better with what I had in mind for the voices, and it was a nice surprise to see it air on Toonami at the very least...but still kinda meh yet a solid anime in the end..?

Murano and Kana's roles were the same, but I recall them having more distinct personalities in the manga.
After all, it was 64 monthly seinen chapters (usually twice as long as a weekly shonen chapter) condensed into 24 short-ish episodes

HStallion

Returning to an earlier conversation I think Kurapika would have a serious problem with Feitan.
His insane speed plus the fact that if Kurapika did any real damage to him and Pain Packer activated before he could use chain jail on him its over.

I feel like you can learn a lot about people by how they play Mario Kart.

People who don't feel even a tinge of guilt when throwing the blue shell are clearly psychopaths.

Parasyte has some really great episodes but also some slow, stupid bits that might go down easier when you're not watching it at the pace of one a week

Returning to an earlier conversation I think Kurapika would have a serious problem with Feitan.
His insane speed plus the fact that if Kurapika did any real damage to him and Pain Packer activated before he could use chain jail on him its over.
"I can handle this skinny dude, what's that? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU....."

Parasyte was a mixed bag show. Started as an alien body horror and ended as an unbalanced, pro-environment message.
I haven't read the manga, but I definitely think the material hasn't aged well.

Till Togashi decides to release some new material. I was kind of hoping he was getting healthy enough to give us another volumes worth at least.

There are enough chapters to release a new volume, but I doubt Togashi has the cover art done and they don't want to release that until the middle of his 2-3 month long unhiatusing.

HStallion

He should just let his wife take the lead. I almost suspected as much from the way parts of the last set of chapters were drawn.

Moaradin

Finally finished P5 after a month. I found the characters and story to be pretty shallow, but I still enjoyed my time with it. They really need to go in a new direction for the next game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally finished P5 after a month. I found the characters and story to be pretty shallow, but I still enjoyed my time with it. They really need to go in a new direction for the next game.

They made a (better) idol based version of Persona on Wii U called Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Pitou ranks up there with the Escaflowne cat girls
Wow I'm glad you guys
appreciate Pitou's design as much as you do even without that notable flowing, scarf-like ribbon/bow thingy on her waist which gets torn at the end of 'her' "fight" with Kite. Although I suppose it is the frilly hair and eyes which distinguish the design the most...but dead serious in saying that 'she' has one of my favorite designs I've ever seen in shonen
:3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like if we can combine the best elements of P4 & P5 (and perhaps Tokyo Mirage Sessions), we'd have a masterpiece RPG.

If anything, I think the P4 cast was more interesting, but I think I prefer the social links from P5 & all the small additions like baton pass, rewards from social links, having designed dungeons while leaving the random dungeon crawling as a side thing, etc.

If there's one small thing I miss from P4, it was being able to just chat with your party members, especially if each character wore some unique piece of clothing or you were dating two girls & one might've said something to make the other suspicious.

I'm over 85 hours in & about at the 80% mark of finishing the damn final palace.

Chase17

I've been a bit down on Persona 5 since beating it. I'd still say it's a better game than P4 though, as I actually enjoyed going through most of the dungeons in P5. The story peaks in the first dungeon though lol, it's all diminishing returns from there. Last stretch of the game is really a drag too
or even from September on.

HStallion

I'm actually loving the story and characters of Yakuza 0. Its so solid in a lot of its presentation and delivery I don't even mind the scenes where its almost all static images are sold by the shots choosen and dialogue and voice over to go with them. Its also got surprisingly well done facial and body language animations, lots of little things that a lot of other games seem to miss when designing cut scenes. That and its generally really funny and earnest and pulls off a lot of the tried and true Yakuza tropes. Its right behind Horizon as the best all around story I've experienced though I still have games like Torment ahead of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom