• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Did he make fun of his hair?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mob Psycho 100 is arguably funnier than One Punch Man. There are some incredibly hilarious parts and anything involving Reigen's special techniques tend to be gut busting funny.

HStallion

Hopefully when Unicorn ends in a few weeks we can finally get Mob Psycho 100. My Hero Academia wouldn't be bad but MP100 is probably the best anime from last year.

HStallion

Nah, OPM is better as long as you like doses of dark comedy.

Personally I think the fact that a lot of the characters in MP100 aren't just walking gimmicks helps with the landing of several jokes. Not too mention
the funniest character in OPM isn't even really introduced until season 2

Last Saturday seemed like a pretty quite one ratings wise all around. Jack was number 1 in the 18-49 demographic with 1,358 million viewers, and Kai (925,000 viewers) and Attack on Titan (771,000 viewers) were 3 and 4 respectively.

Last Saturday seemed like a pretty quite one ratings wise all around. Jack was number 1 in the 18-49 demographic with 1,358 million viewers, and Kai (925,000 viewers) and Attack on Titan (771,000 viewers) were 3 and 4 respectively.

Going to avoid r/toonami then since they're going to continue to be insufferable about the ratings.

caliph95

Basically using my useless tvtropes and the life i wasted on that site it and Les yay is bascially slang for Homoerotic subtext and/or Implied love interest

Line_HTX

Reviews are coming in for King Arthur, and damn, it looks like every movie that gets a sneak peak from Tom turns into a massive bomb, ouch.

Morlas

Do you think that super also being on at 8:00 hurts its toonami ratings any? although i'd say getting 1 mil and 800k views for the same episode twice in a night is still pretty good.

edit: except Pacific Rim that is

HStallion

Well Tom also previewed Horizon Zero Dawn and that was a massive success both critically and sales wise.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I preferred the original Hellsing series over the OVA but then again I thought the manga sucked.

The one with Integra's fake sister, the summoning of an Egyptian god, and the lamest villain in anime history?

That one?

I will give it props for Seras's various plotlines, they fleshed her out nicely (pun not intended.)

Manga is superior to both adaptations, but Ultimate is really goddamn close (the dub even more than the Japanese due to Crispin Freeman da gawd.)

World Without Logos is a top-tier anime opening, though.

I liked it for the excellent score and the far more serious mood behind it. The manga and to a lesser extent the OVA are goofy as fuck. I actually really didn't like the manga despite some great art and character designs. I remember this whole cartoony bit about Bruce Willis was when it really started to lose me.

It's supposed to be goofy as fuck though...

Taking Hellsing seriously results in edgelord wannabes. And I say that as someone who previously took it seriously. :) (Pre-highschool.)

HStallion

The one with Integra's fake sister, the summoning of an Egyptian god, and the lamest villain in anime history?

That one?

I will give it props for Seras's various plotlines, they fleshed her out nicely (pun not intended.)

Manga is superior to both adaptations, but Ultimate is really goddamn close (the dub even more than the Japanese due to Crispin Freeman da gawd.)

World Without Logos is a top-tier anime opening, though.

It's supposed to be goofy as fuck though...

If you take Hellsing seriously you're an edgelord wannabe. And I say that as someone who previously took it seriously. :) (Pre-highschool.)

Taken seriously or not it was always edgelord material. I just felt the manga was all over the place and not in a good way. The art style was great but the story was eye rolling a lot of times and not in a good way. I barely cared about the villains except to see Alucard murdering them. The OVAs were also very poorly paced much like the beginning of FMA Brotherhood was since everyone was already familiar with the material.

That and the soundtrack for the original series was fan-fucking-tastic.

Seda

I liked the first half of Hellsing Ultimate. And when it was kinda obvious Alucard was super OP, it was also nice when he was absent for two episodes (although for pretty silly reasons) and let other characters shine a bit.

But the ending, Schrodinger stuff, and all that really fell flat to me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I just found out that there are people that act like
Gon and Killua
isn't a legit ship.

It isn't "legitimate" in my eyes because
they're too young for it
, but in general I agree with the general idea of it. They're clearly very special to each other to the point where
if they were 10 years older it'd clearly be very romantic.

But that's why HxH is great though, it gives you those feels without having to worry about "will they won't they" bullshit.

Also in general "shipping" is just dumb and either follow the canon or follow the fanfiction, but don't try and conflate the two.

It isn't "legitimate" in my eyes because
they're too young for it
, but in general I agree with the general idea of it. They're clearly very special to each other to the point where
if they were 10 years older it'd clearly be very romantic.

But that's why HxH is great though, it gives you those feels without having to worry about "will they won't they" bullshit.

Also in general "shipping" is just dumb and either follow the canon or follow the fanfiction, but don't try and conflate the two.
Too young probably doesn't really exist in HxH considering what we both know about Gon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Too young probably doesn't really exist in HxH considering what we both know about Gon.

For stuff like fighting and death? Sure, kids unfortunately have to deal with that all the time. But Gon seems a bit too young to me to be interested in any kind of romance. (And in fact, he may stay that way if he follows the Goku school of shonen progression.)

For stuff like fighting and death? Sure, kids unfortunately have to deal with that all the time. But Gon seems a bit too young to me to be interested in any kind of romance. (And in fact, he may stay that way if he follows the Goku school of shonen progression.)
Well
I think Mito...or somebody passed his ass around like a free loaf of bread on Whale Island, not to mention his interactions with Palm so there's clearly something there. He's 12, but he's not inexperienced or naive about that stuff like Killua is.

Seda

I often think people are too quick to 'see' romantic connections between characters (whatever genders). Like, people aren't allowed to be empathetic and show genuine care towards any other character without being 'thirsty' or whatever-the-fuck.

But Gon and Killua I can see being/becoming an actual couple.

There is a fine line, maybe.

I often think people are too quick to 'see' romantic connections between characters (whatever genders). Like, people aren't allowed to be empathetic and show genuine care towards any other character without being 'thirsty' or whatever-the-fuck.

But Gon and Killua I can see being/becoming an actual couple.

There is a fine line, maybe.
Killua is legit ride or die for Gon. You don't exactly do some of the shit Killua does for Gon for some random drinking buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom