• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
I've been a bit down on Persona 5 since beating it. I'd still say it's a better game than P4 though, as I actually enjoyed going through most of the dungeons in P5. The story peaks in the first dungeon though lol, it's all diminishing returns from there. Last stretch of the game is really a drag too
or even from September on.
Yeah they started way strong with the first duengon.

A billion times better than the 3rd dunegon.

Wow I'm glad you guys
appreciate Pitou's design as much as you do even without that notable flowing, scarf-like ribbon/bow thingy on her waist which gets torn at the end of 'her' "fight" with Kite. Although I suppose it is the frilly hair and eyes which distinguish the design the most...but dead serious in saying that 'she' has one of my favorite designs I've ever seen in shonen
:3
Dude don't worry,
Cat Waifu's
is one of my fetishes, robot girls...not so much.
naria_and_eriya.jpg

c311104f3e7f54289525143fbce55c79.jpg

a1d760bf1362e764b5c8b4d658a4e3133bff1d3f_hq.gif

Best cat girl will suplex the shit out of you and you will fucking like it.

I'm actually loving the story and characters of Yakuza 0. Its so solid in a lot of its presentation and delivery I don't even mind the scenes where its almost all static images are sold by the shots choosen and dialogue and voice over to go with them. Its also got surprisingly well done facial and body language animations, lots of little things that a lot of other games seem to miss when designing cut scenes. That and its generally really funny and earnest and pulls off a lot of the tried and true Yakuza tropes. Its right behind Horizon as the best all around story I've experienced though I still have games like Torment ahead of me.

Yakuza 0 is so good. The characters and story got me hooked immediately. The gameplay and all the different things you can do got to me as well. My first Yakuza game and it made me hyped for Kiwami in August. I can't wait!

People here generally echo my thoughts on p5 as well

Very strong start that the rest of the game never is able to reach that same height

Best gameplay, weak story and characters

September on is a mess

The only thing I disagree on is the social links being the best in the series. From a gameplay perspective they are since they all give meaningful benefits so you actually do want to plan out who you're gonna hang out with based upon their benefit. Story wise most of them fall completely flat becuase they all follow too much of the same cookie cutter format (why do you want my help with that -> i'm not actually the terrible person people think I am some schmuck made me this way -> oh no that schmuck is gonna force me further into ruin -> *mementos quest* -> thanks mr phantom thief *-> if female, sex time) leading to the majority of them not having the impact their individual stories should have. There are also way too many automatic ones in p5.

Also tms is the game persona 5 should have been

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to be so devastated when TMS never gets a re-release on the Switch.

Granted, I'm not exactly getting rid of my Wii U (I've still got about ten retail and twenty VC games I want to clear) but that game...portable...with maybe a bit of extra content.

Just rename it Persona this time!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Catgirls, pfft.

We all know who the superior catperson is.

tumblr_mzb4wc1NKt1t7yzsco1_400.gif

I remember when I posted this before Hellsing Ultimate was even announced for the block and got a lot of "Wait... is that a swastika??" comments.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Catgirls, pfft.

We all know who the superior catperson is.

tumblr_mzb4wc1NKt1t7yzsco1_400.gif

I remember when I posted this before Hellsing Ultimate was even announced for the block and got a lot of "Wait... is that a swastika??" comments.

I thought she was a werewolf?

Honestly, TMS #FE is my GotY for last year, even though I put Steins;Gate 0 as my number one in the GotY 2016 thread. It was and is pretty close with those games though. I ended up loving TMS so much more than I thought I would and it didn't help that some elements of that game are in P5 (dungeon design a bit, aesthetics/style, the texting/messages mechanic, some of the battle system). That was bound to happen since both are SMT related.

I would also love a Switch port with a little new content and maybe slight QoL changes like possibility to skip some of the special attack animations since some of them can get old after seeing them and they take quite a bit of time to finish and faster load times. I think it deserves a second chance. I think Codename: S.T.E.A.M., also, got a bad rap and it's one of my favorite 3DS, but I don't think much could say it that they didn't do with speeding the turns up.

ckohler

People here generally echo my thoughts on p5 as well

Very strong start that the rest of the game never is able to reach that same height

Best gameplay, weak story and characters

September on is a mess

Here's my review http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236022787&postcount=15014

Main party's individual social link story's are not as strong as P4's but other confidants are stronger. Just about everything else is an improvement, imo. Loved it and can't get it out of my head but at the same time I want to wait on ng+ for now. Story is great and the twists more interesting.

Man looking back on it, the way The Major temporarily defeats Alucard was pretty hilarious.

Also recently realized, I've played all the Advance War games, but I only beat Days of Ruin.
Advance_Wars_4_Cover.jpg

And I'm pretty certain that's only because the AI went kaput on the final mission on my 50th try.

Regiruler

I've never understood why people dislike remasters. That said, I look at some remasters and wonder, why?

header.jpg

Why?

Why give this a remaster when the one true xbox platformer remains criminally forgotten?

Blinx_cover.png
I actually 100%d this. Grinding the gold for the ultimate sweeper was a pain in the ass.

The final boss is also insanely difficult. Really rewarding to beat though.

For some reason I always thought the intro was in Japanese.

Seda

TMS is okay but it doesnt break my into my favorite SMT games because I honestly think the session system kinda sucks. It requires no player preparation nor execution.

Probably didn't help that I was coming off of Baten Kaitos Origins, a much better turn based battle system.

HStallion

I preferred the original Hellsing series over the OVA but then again I thought the manga sucked.

Here's my review http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236022787&postcount=15014

Main party's individual social link story's are not as strong as P4's but other confidants are stronger. Just about everything else is an improvement, imo. Loved it and can't get it out of my head but at the same time I want to wait on ng+ for now. Story is great and the twists more interesting.

I guessed every major plot twist a mile away so the story just horribly dragged in the later half. Also the execution of things like
the end of Akechi's story was fucking awful

TMS is okay but it doesnt break my into my favorite SMT games because I honestly think the session system kinda sucks. It requires no player preparation nor execution.

Probably didn't help that I was coming off of Baten Kaitos Origins, a much better turn based battle system.

While I can't disagree that TMS sessions combat gets a bit automatic later on when every attack causes like 15 chains I still found it more engaging then combat in your average persona game.

HStallion

I remember not being super impressed with the original Hellsing when I first watched it.

I liked it for the excellent score and the far more serious mood behind it. The manga and to a lesser extent the OVA are goofy as fuck. I actually really didn't like the manga despite some great art and character designs. I remember this whole cartoony bit about Bruce Willis was when it really started to lose me.

I liked it for the excellent score and the far more serious mood behind it. The manga and to a lesser extent the OVA are goofy as fuck. I actually really didn't like the manga despite some great art and character designs. I remember this whole cartoony bit about Bruce Willis was when it really started to lose me.
I mean maybe I should rewatch it, but I'm doing a rewatch of HxH...I think, I think I recently watched ep 53 and I'm sort of hooked on that shit again. Maybe I should start up Attack on Titan again, who knows.

cntr

Banned
Well, what you need to do then:

First, find the stone mask. Second, become a vampire. Then find a neighbour who has cable, preferably one who works in the air force, turn them into a zombie, and bind them to your will.

Then use their TV.

Well, what you need to do then:

First, find the stone mask. Second, become a vampire. Then find a neighbour who has cable, preferably one who works in the air force, turn them into a zombie, and bind them to your will.

Then use their TV.
I don't think the stone mask can be found in Brooklyn.

Regiruler

you should figure out a way to start watching toonami
Wait, writer doesn't even watch Toonami?

Isn't that like the most basic prerequisite for posting here? I get that we're not a police state but c'mon.

I guess it's fine as long as he stays on the topic of mostly dub anime?

caliph95

I love the misdirection with them at first you think they will be the typical asshole jerks with the SOS brigade being the the typical misunderstood teens but then turns out that they are nicest and most supportive guys ever while Haruhi and friends are just lazy good-for nothing
(which i relate too much)

Line_HTX

Lately I just DVR the shows I'm interested in watching because I can't get home in time for 12:30 AM ET and then start whenever, but then I get too tired and just sleep.

HStallion

I love the misdirection with them at first you think they will be the typical asshole jerks with the SOS brigade being the the typical misunderstood teens but then turns out that they are nicest and most supportive guys ever while Haruhi and friends are just lazy good-for nothing

While there are certainly a ton of meat head douchebags that are into body building I find most of them tend to be some of the most supportive guys out there. They want to see you get those gains lol

caliph95

While there are certainly a ton of meat head douchebags that are into body building I find most of them tend to be some of the most supportive guys out there. They want to see you get those gains lol
When i used to go to the gym the tend to be nice and really helpful.
I was glad that in Mob they didn't turn out to be typical doucebag high school jocks

I especially love
how they stuck up for Tenga and even ended up recruiting him into their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom