• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I feel silly for saying this, but I'm seriously considering whether I should skip tonight's Jack episode and get a bit more sleep. Kind of lost interest after last week's episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really wish I could convince myself to continue with BotW (44+ shrines completed & 1 major dungeon), but I just remind myself of "oh, I gotta find the damn things, constantly keep track of all my items, deal with the cumbersome inventory, about 10 sidequests I still have going on, and the world is just so damn biiiiiggggggg", but I feel like my "wonder" about the game just ran out & I just slowly started to notice the cracks, especially as someone who isn't really into huge open-world games & tends to prefer something to guide me/give me direction as to what I should do next.

Basically, if you told me "see that mountain? YOU CAN CLIMB IT!", my response would be "...but it looks so damn far away, & seems like it'd be a pain to climb. Is there any reason for me to go there? Is it part of the plot, or at least give me something nice for doing so?" It's also why I kept putting off Xenoblade X, especially since I heard it took so long to get the mechs, part of the reason why I was excited for the game.

At the very least, I still understand why it's been getting the praise it's been getting....It's just I've come to terms it kind of clashes what I prefer in games.

Mizerman

I really wish I could convince myself to continue with BotW (44+ shrines completed & 1 major dungeon), but I just remind myself of "oh, I gotta find the damn things, constantly keep track of all my items, deal with the cumbersome inventory, about 10 sidequests I still have going on, and the world is just so damn biiiiiggggggg", but I feel like my "wonder" about the game just ran out & I just slowly started to notice the cracks, especially as someone who isn't really into huge open-world games & tends to prefer something to guide me/give me direction as to what I should do next.

Basically, if you told me "see that mountain? YOU CAN CLIMB IT!", my response would be "...but it looks so damn far away, & seems like it'd be a pain to climb. Is there any reason for me to go there? Is it part of the plot, or at least give me something nice for doing so?" It's also why I kept putting off Xenoblade X, especially since I heard it took so long to get the mechs, part of the reason why I was excited for the game.

At the very least, I still understand why it's been getting the praise it's been getting....It's just I've come to terms it kind of clashes what I prefer in games.

Basically, it didn't click with you as other games would have. It's alright.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically, it didn't click with you as other games would have. It's alright.
& I say this as someone whose first Zelda was Wind Waker when I was about 11, which you could argue was another big step in the series since it also had a rather open world with optional islands you could explore, assuming you had the right item. It was a good mix of "here's where you need to go next" & optional stuff.

I know this sounds insane, but there's such a thing to me as "too much freedom", because then I lose a sense of direction.

In BotW I got through 2 divine beasts and haven't played it in almost 2 months now

I got through the first dungeon in A Link Between Worlds and also sorta stopped after that...

What word rhymes with requiem? Every Hunter x Hunter 2011 episode title is a Japanese wordplay of some sort

Could be in any other language as long as it has some phonetic semblance
Like, say...

"Rekt x during the x Requiem"
or
"Requited x with a x Requiem"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Breath of the Wild would be a great game if the rest of the game was as good as the Gerudo quadrant.

Gerudo? Pfft. Akkala was easily the best quadrant.

Gerudo was too annoying with constantly having to switch outfits/drink potions during the night AND day. Gtfo with that shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Keith David made Kurapika do what!!?? with his what?

hvaSeQY.jpg

Mizerman

& I say this as someone whose first Zelda was Wind Waker when I was about 11, which you could argue was another big step in the series since it also had a rather open world with optional islands you could explore, assuming you had the right item. It was a good mix of "here's where you need to go next" & optional stuff.

I know this sounds insane, but there's such a thing to me as "too much freedom", because then I lose a sense of direction.

Not really insane. Some games have aspects that tend to overdo it and takes you out of the game, despite enjoying parts of it.

caliph95

It's probably blasphemy but i felt the same way for games like skyrim or at least skyrim i realised i didn't really care for it when i had other games and wasn't just playing to alleviate my boredom.
Who do you think is on the other end?
AwesomeSmiley.png
Dammit Togashi when i wanted them to be together that is not what i meant.
looks up fan art

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's probably blasphemy but i felt the same way for games like skyrim or at least skyrim i realised i didn't really care for it when i had other games and wasn't just playing to alleviate my boredom.
Oh yeah, I feel the same way about games similar to Skyrim. The fantasy setting doesn't seem to help, as it's not my thing.

I need a "drive" to continue playing a game, even something as simple as "there's a set of goals, reach all of them to beat the game", something to motivate me to continue.

It's weird, but it's similar to why I don't tend to buy shows on Blu-Ray/DVD or have Netflix. When you realize just how large the library is, you start to question what you should focus on first, but then decide "eeh, it's too hard to pick", which is why I liked watching Simpsons on FXX, but can't bring myself to buy each season, because trying to figure out which episode to watch out of the HUNDREDS (...of good episodes) just gets overwhelming, & in a way, when you see a rerun of an episode you remember enjoying but haven't seen in a while, you feel like you got lucky with the rerun roulette, in a weird "people want what they don't have" sort of way, if that makes any sense. It's also partly why I haven't subscribed to Crunchyroll or Netflix yet, because I know I'm just gonna start making a list of "oh, I need to check THIS show out!" but then I'll realize just how big the list is, then I won't want to deal with the decision of how I should watch all the shows.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Jack returns to the scene of his duel with the Guardian in the penultimate episode of Samurai Jack, Goku arrives on Beerus's world and begins his somewhat unconventional training, back at the World Martial Arts Tournament the departure of several major contenders has forced Mr. Satan to improvise and propose a battle royale for the world championship, the 104th trainees holed up in Castle Utgard face overwhelming hordes of Titans while it becomes increasingly clear that Ymir is hiding something important, Touka tries to exact revenge for Hinami's mother against the ghoul investigators, Neon attempts to find her own way into the auction while the Nostrades prepare to take on the Phantom Troupe, the war in space continues as Riddhe's Banshee battles against Marida, Tsunade attempts to call Naruto back to the village from Mount Myoboku while Kakashi confonts Pain, and the Major's concerns about the Tachikomas' recent behavior reach the breaking point as the battle tanks appear to be developing personalities too rapidly to be reliable weapons in the field.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 18 - I'm Here, Too! Training Commences on Beerus' World!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 61 - C
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 18 - I'm Here, Too! Training Commences on Beerus' World!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 117 - Whither Victory? A Battle Royal Championship Match!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 29 - Soldier
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 7 - Captivity
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 51 - A × Brutal × Battlefield
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 19 - Another Cosmic Glow
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 158 - Power to Believe
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 15 - MACHINES DÉSIRANTES

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Welcome back Meta

Nobody skip out on Jack tonight. Like seriously. I mean, there's only two episodes left, why stop now?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah. Like Gundam 00 was the same show but different seasons, but Seed and Seed Destiny are separate things.

Morlas

No.

Not when Koroks are just repetitions of the same 7 or so types of puzzles ad nasauem.

That's a weird one to single out, but anyway I don't really consider the Korok seeds a "puzzle" event i consider them more to be an award for exploration than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom