• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
k3Ecy5o.gif

Anyways the funny thing about FFTA/FFTA2 character design wise is that it is the inverse of every other Tactics game in that your named "important" units have god awful design and the regular no name guys and gals look AMAZING.

I've played Kingdom Heats 1 and 2 and Dream Drop Distance.

I remember enjoying Dream Drop Distance for its fun combat system, but I just nodded my head during the cutscenes. Like look at this one sentence explaining a bit of the story of Dream Drop Distance.

Upon completing the exam, Sora mysteriously arrives in the World That Never Was instead of the realm of light. Sora re-encounters the youth, who is revealed to be a version of Xehanort from the past sent to gather different versions of himself throughout time to serve as vessels for fragments of the original Master Xehanort's heart.

I've read up on Kingdom Heart's lore, and I can't explain that at all.

I used to be really into Kingdom Hearts and I have the collections on PS3, but as I have played more and more of the series and looked at the story, I have lost my interest in KH3 for a while. I still have to get to Birth By Sleep and finish KH2 at some point (got through a chunk of the PS2 release before PS2 disk drive broke and I never got a replacement console). I'm only on KH1 far as the PS3/PS4 collections go and I haven't felt the urge to go to it for a long while.

I've come to the realization over the years that I only really love KH1.

I can't even bring myself to finish 2 anymore.

I like COM's story and most of its systems, so it's in second.

Wow it's practically the same for me. I grew to really have fun with both CoM & Re: CoM. Managing to pull off Ragnarok on Larxene was a total blast

Go play 4 and 6. I love 7 as well, but 4 and 6 must be played first.

^^THIS^^
I even managed to get my hands on an original black-label copy of FF7 although it is second to 4 and 6 for me. 9 is also a lot of fun

Haven't played 2 or 5 yet

Xe4

Banned
It does, but only as you approach light speed.

But faster than light travel doesn't make you travel back in time, it's undefined. (And it's impossible.) But since it's undefined you can do whatever you want for fictional physics, so Gunbuster goes for extreme time dilation instead.

Actually, moving at c is undefined, whereas moving at superluminal speeds would move you back in time. That's because the Lorentz factor is:
3BBE88B3-8D7A-E83F-70A3-965C571C226A.JPG
When v=c, the denominator is 0, and thus gamma is undefined. When v >c, the factor is imaginary, so physicists discard it. The rest of the time dilation equation gives it a negative number, though. It doesn't exist anyhow, so it's kind of silly to be arguing the thing. It's been a while since I covered special relativity anyhow, so I'm quite a bit rusty on it.

I should probably watch Gunbuster sometime, I may end up liking it more than Eva.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FF II on the NES and PSX uses a yin-yang system of leveling. When you level one stat you delevel another.

The stronger you get, the dumber you get.
The more healing spells you cast, the less HP you have.

Stuff like that.

GBA versions and beyond work like an MMO, the more you use a skill the more effective it gets. Every type of weapon and spell has a level from 1-16.

Every stat is leveled like this.

HP-Take Damage, also sometimes increased at random.
MP-Total MP-Remaining MP at end of battle. Use your entire pool in one fight and you're almost guaranteed to level it.
Evasion-Get hit
Intelligence-Cast Black Magic
Wisdom-Cast White Magic
Defense-Get hit
Agility-Get hit
Magic Evade-Get hit by spells

cntr

Banned
When v=c, the denominator is 0, and thus gamma is undefined. When v >c, the factor is imaginary, so physicists discard it. The rest of the time dilation equation gives it a negative number, though. It doesn't exist anyhow, so it's kind of silly to be arguing the thing. It's been a while since I covered special relativity anyhow, so I'm quite a bit rusty on it.
The issue isn't with time dilation. The equation for the geometry of time implies that if you go beyond the speed of light, your time component becomes an imaginary number, so you wouldn't be travelling in time backwards, you'd be travelling in an imaginary direction of time. Which is undefined, so it's total nonsense.

I should probably watch Gunbuster sometime, I may end up liking it more than Eva.
Probably. I didn't like it the first time, but I warmed up to it.

Jarate

Banned
Remember, the best way too grind in FF2 is too smack yourself in combat

I am not kidding either

I'd love for a proper rebalancing of that game. Even the GBA one is really really wonky.

Only FF's Ive never played are 8 and 9, I have a really hard time going back to ps1 jrpgs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember, the best way too grind in FF2 is too smack yourself in combat

I am not kidding either

I'd love for a proper rebalancing of that game. Even the GBA one is really really wonky.

Only FF's Ive never played are 8 and 9, I have a really hard time going back to ps1 jrpgs.
It's the most efficient way because you can't miss your allies and there is no regional level limit on them. It's just an anime training arc and not that unusual.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminds me of Odin Sphere & the only way to originally level up was eating food to heal yourself, which was a pain since it meant deciding if you wanted to eat to level up or save it for when you actually need it, but risk being underleveled.

Seriously glad they decided to just give EXP the normal way for the HD version.

Man, Quake Champions looks so boring.

I try to not be lazy when it comes to critiquing games, but Quake Champions just looks so boring.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so if aku can sent people to the future, why didn't he send jack so far into the future where humanity as a whole was extinct & any technology that might help make time travel possible wouldn't exist, therefore ensuring jack wouldn't be able to survive, let alone return to fight him again?

why not send him to the year 1,000,000,000, when the earth basically looks like this?

Xe4

Banned
so if aku can sent people to the future, why didn't he send jack so far into the future where humanity as a whole was extinct & any technology that might help make time travel possible wouldn't exist, therefore ensuring jack wouldn't be able to survive, let alone return to fight him again?

why not send him to the year 1,000,000,000, when the earth basically looks like this?
Sending Jack to the future was kind of a desperate last minute thing. It's obvious he didn't know how far into the future or what it would do to Jack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even as a kid playing KH2 & to some extent Chain of Memories on GBA, I had trouble understanding it.

I want to be excited for KH3, but bloody hell, it's going to just be a cluster of WTF, isn't it.

"WELL, IT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE OTHER GAMES!"

I shouldn't need to play 5 spin-off titles to understand the plot of a MAIN ENTRY, this is like saying "oh, you won't get Resident Evil 7's plot unless you play Survivor, Mercenaries 3D, Revelations 2, & Umbrella Corps....also, the 2nd CGI film, Damnation"

I seriously miss the simplicity of "hey, your friends are gone & one might've turned evil, go find them by traveling to different Disney worlds"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even as a kid playing KH2 & to some extent Chain of Memories on GBA, I had trouble understanding it.

I want to be excited for KH3, but bloody hell, it's going to just be a cluster of WTF, isn't it.

"WELL, IT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE OTHER GAMES!"

I shouldn't need to play 5 spin-off titles to understand the plot of a MAIN ENTRY, this is like saying "oh, you won't get Resident Evil 7's plot unless you play Survivor, Mercenaries 3D, Revelations 2, & Umbrella Corps....also, the 2nd CGI film, Damnation"

I seriously miss the simplicity of "hey, your friends are gone & one might've turned evil, go find them by traveling to different Disney worlds"

KH 2 frankly does not make a ton of sense if you didn't play CoM...which was not on the PS2 at that time.

Morlas

To be honest I think Naruto would've been better if the biju were just mythical creatures of great power instead if the end all be all of the plot like instead of having the primary antagonist be after the power of all of them have the final enemy be another jinchuuriki that has completely mastered his beast and Naruto has to figure out a way to overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom