• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would usually just order off Amazon. I got lucky with GameStop last year & getting Tales of Xillia for $20 at my store, & it was even the day 1 edition with the DLC, artbook, & OST. There's not a ton I really want, except for some PS+.

You realistically aren't getting it (Target opens at 6pm, and it's going to go FAST).

I only go out Black Friday shopping for stuff like Blurays and games- stuff that I can go a few hours after opening and know they probably still have, and not get stabbed over.
Yeah, I only go shopping for games I know are really good deals. Plus it'd be smarter to save the money. It's been so many years since I last actually went into a store on Black Friday morning, mainly because I'd sometimes go with my mom.

Akainu

Ok I'm watching Kai. Weird question. Did they censor goku's penis in japanese kai too? It's not like I want to see it but I just noticed the weird effect around his crotch.

cyber monday is amazon's biggest sales day in terms of orders, not black friday

edit: and im pretty sure they just do lightening deals all day so saying one is better than the other is completely subjective

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD, DRAGON SOUL IN ENGLISH SUUUCCCKKKSSS.

Ok I'm watching Kai. Weird question. Did they censor goku's penis in japanese kai too? It's not like I want to see it but I just noticed the weird effect around his crotch.
It's the same in the Japanese version, from what I'm seeing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
cyber monday is amazon's biggest sales day in terms of orders, not black friday

Absolutely is.

It's a good day for deals on gifts your parents would buy. For most of us on these boards with interests in gaming, electronics, movies though the better deals are on Thursday/Friday.

I got 90% of my shopping done online on Thursday last year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*listens to Edward Elric version of Dragon Soul*

Alright, that's MUUUUUUUUUCH more tolerable. I so hope that's the version we get for now on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fullmetal version of the theme doesn't show up until the second part of the
FREIZA
saga. Episode
to be exact.

MikeMyers

This is good.

tumblr_mmk6016dW61rcjo9to1_400.gif

Five more days.

um why is she

ya know what, nevermind

It's a visual trick, the red thing she pops up in is InuYasha's cloak, his pants which are also red are a separate piece from the same set of clothing. InuYasha give his cloak to Kagome multiple times though the series to protect her as it's made of super durable material that protects against heat and stuff.

Also both times I typed cloak I typed cock and had to fix it :X

MikeMyers

Anyway, I'll do a bigger write-up on what happens for people who never saw the series, but here's a recap of what happened in the rest of the first TV Series.

Basically the last part focus on how there's only one Sacred Jewel shard left and no one can find it so they even have to go to the Underworld to look for it. Eventually they find it but Inuyasha's team manage to get it. Also the character dynamics have changed. The infant has been separated into two: one is Hakudoshi who is like a mini-Naraku and the other is a baby who is the link to Naraku's life. The baby is hidden in a new character called Mōryōmaru so he cannot be killed easily. Kagura has officially betrayed Naraku and Kohaku has also officially got his memories back. Kikyo has been resurrected. Miroku confessed his love for Sango and InuYasha got a new attack Adament Barrage.

Hellsing VIII:

On some level I want to wave away most of the plot issues as "fuck it, it's Hellsing," but I feel like over the course of 45 minutes, a lot of the action and violence feels a little tiresome when it doesn't feel earned. And maybe this is because a lot of the carnage was not very well-animated, but I was a little bored. Maxwell was not built up nearly enough, Anderson pulls some shit out of nowhere, Alucard's transformation is a wave of Berserk CGI....I dunno, guys. I mean, it was ok I guess, but I think that's probably the worst thing you could say about a Hellsing episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel the same except for one little bit; Anderson didn't pull his powerup from nowhere. It was heavily foreshadowed by what he was saying.

daveo42

Banned
I actually found Alucard's river Styx kind of hilarious, but makes sense in context. I was hoping for a bit more of a brutal final battle between him and Anderson, but a lot of the reveals felt satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom