• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Tales of Hearts R is an abomination. Look at ToH DS battle footage sometime, looks amazing. This just looks like the most generic 3D Tales combat possible.

It is. It's not broken, but it's just not as interesting or fun as other titles. Additionally, the game uses random encounters instead of enemy field icons, and seems like the game balance expects you to fight significantly more battles because of this. (also, holy bottles only have a very short duration, and using them is kinda annoying.)

Yeah lets not even spoiler discuss the final naruto chapter here, lets go to the naruto manga thread for that

I'm not going to the manga thread because I only care about a handful of opinions. Not sure why it's such a no-no to use tags as long as it doesn't dominate the thread but i guess i can just ask on twitter.

I'm not going to the manga thread because I only care about a handful of opinions. Not sure why it's such a no-no to use tags as long as it doesn't dominate the thread but i guess i can just ask on twitter.

Nothing says fun like an entire page full of black bars that part of the thread can't take part in for like 8 years if they only watch the anime

Meanwhile, at 7-11 in Japan.....
gvmgoolp5njrbgi1svkh.jpg

Why are concept cars always ugly as shit.

BBboy20

Apparently AC Unity is an epic disaster with an insane embargo. Can't wait for it to break.

AUAJPbx.png

ErPZxot.png

What a shitty week for games, when you combine this with the Sonic Boom stuff
I've read the Kotaku review, talks about it more of a disappointment (SURPRISE!) then a Destiny-level of disappointment. THough seriously, 4 years making dull decisions?

Stay after the credits.
So it is a Marvel film.

Trisha seems to know all about her husband's situation. I imagine it wouldn't be all that hard to believe if he showed off his alchemy even once. Hohenheim seems to talk about things pretty openly with her, and from previous flashbacks/dream sequences it seems clear that he first met Trisha when she was very young, so she would have seen the whole "not aging" thing firsthand.
Wait, really? Shit, I must be blind to miss that.

daveo42

Banned
What's the big deal with Unity?

Lots of bugs and horrible framerates for both consoles. X1 performs slightly better during gameplay (rooftops and crowds) while PS4 is better in cut scenes and combat. Non-bug issues based on how CPU-heavy the game is to simulate thousands of people at the same time. PC might be the place to play it but not until they fix a lot of the current bugs.

Lots of bugs and horrible framerates for both consoles. X1 performs slightly better during gameplay while PS4 is better in cut scenes. Non-bug issues based on how CPU-heavy the game is to simulate thousands of people at the same time. PC might be the place to play it but not until they fix a lot of the current bugs.

Also the shitty microtransactions that go up to $100.

What's the big deal with Unity?

Sub 30 FPS despite both versions being built to have "parity" because the X1 isn't as strong as the PS4 which as we're finding out really means they built the game with the X1 first in mind then later ported it to PS4 hence why the X1 version runs at a better frame rate (25 vs 21... woo).

Additionally the game was under review embargo until Noon today, meaning the game was on sale for 12 hours with no reviews likely because Ubisoft was afraid bad reviews would impact day one sales.

The game also has micro transactions ranging from $9.99 to $99.99, chest you can only open by downloading the smart phone app, chest you can only open by signing up for their website, bad pop in for textures, along with the typical buggy/flawed Assassin's Creed gameplay.

It's a hurricane of problems

daveo42

Banned
Also the shitty microtransactions that go up to $100.

Very true.

It's funny because I'm listening to the current Bombcast and them talking about the microtransactions section in the game and whether or not it was a joke about UPlay or they were serious about asking people for money for some of the boosts. I guess none of those systems were live during the review process.

BBboy20

In regards of the Master Chief Collection: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK UP THE MULTIPLAYER OF A 11/10/7 YEAR OLD GAME!?

The parity bullshit is going to kill this console gen.
Some say Unity is just Ubisoft sucking ass at optimization on anything but...yeah...

Shadow of Mordor was the best Assassin's Creed game this year
Surprised no one pointed this out. At least the commercials are commenting how actual next-gen it is.

BBboy20

What did they do?
Apparently online stability is all over the place which I find jarring considering these games existed before and netcode should be better now then it was in 2003, 2004 and 2007. They also mention about missing playlists and somehow frame-rates sucking with split-screens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny that even with the review embargo most of the reviews are pretty positive with only a couple of sites taking them to task.

daveo42

Banned
AoT isn't going to fare well as they had hoped at 1130 it seems. Hopefully they can slide it down the block as the first week numbers show people are leaving for Titan and coming back for Goku.

AoT isn't going to fare well as they had hoped at 1130 it seems. Hopefully they can slide it down the block as the first week numbers show people are leaving for Titan and coming back for Goku.

Unless they have something big planned when they get their new budget in 2015 to take over that 11:30 spot like a Jojo or another surprise simuldub announcement I think DBZ ending up at 11:30 very well could happen.

Tamanon

Banned
Keep in mind, there were some super competitive football games late into the night. I think Alabama/LSU ended around 1215. Also, no DISH still.

But yeah, low to start.

bigkrev

Possible drop for AoT could come from the fact that LSU-Bama (which averaged 9 million 18-49) was a OT nailbiter that didn't end till midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom