• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
need more inuyasha gifs tbh

ibdPjoz5qao1T5.gif

Guys, the mod is pro-gif!

Edit: Welp I started the page with a gif, this will end well.

That Episode of InuYasha Where Everyone Gets Drunk

I kinda doubt I'm gonna make it to the end even if I do skip the filler, but this was a fun episode. All of the jokes hit, but then again there weren't a whole lot of them for what's basically a comedy episode. The drunk scene was pretty amazing, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I kinda doubt I'm gonna make it to the end even if I do skip the filler, but this was a fun episode. All of the jokes hit, but then again there weren't a whole lot of them for what's basically a comedy episode. The drunk scene was pretty amazing, though.

Do me a favor and if you're going to skip ahead/stop watching at least watch 147 and 148.

I gave up on even doing that and am just reading the manga chapters, only have like 20 more to go before being caught up. I figure I can watch the rest of InuYasha during December movie month.

These episodes are CANON AS SHIT.

*looks up episodes on wiki*

So they took a part of canon we already saw, expanded it with filler and repackaged it? I mean it sounds like a good two parter but kind of unnecessary as I'm pretty sure we've already had like 2-3 episodes focused on InuYasha and Kikyo's romance back in the day.

Seda

*looks up episodes on wiki*

So they took a part of canon we already saw, expanded it with filler and repackaged it? I mean it sounds like a good two parter but kind of unnecessary as I'm pretty sure we've already had like 2-3 episodes focused on InuYasha and Kikyo's romance back in the day.

They are pretty good episodes though. Like, they finally take all the pieces that have already been sporadically dropped and put them all together.

I remember thinking the drunk episode was almost pretty great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is by far the best backstory recap of any show I have ever seen. It's actually around 90% new stuff. I was generally wowed by this episode when we did those Sunday rewatches earlier in the year. You'd think because Inuyasha as a series had touched on these events before (three times before, in fact) that these episodes would suck. But they don't. They actually explain quite clearly what was going on.

The only thing I can compare it to is History of Trunks, which is also good as shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I....THINK I remember the drunk one? Didn't they go up a mountain or something & one of them thought they saw 3 Inuyashas?

I remember thinking the drunk episode was almost pretty great.

That's a pretty good way to describe it. It has some great jokes sprinkled around, but they're kinda scattered.

I....THINK I remember the drunk one? Didn't they go up a mountain or something & one of them thought they saw 3 Inuyashas?

Kagome, Sango, Shippo, and Hachi got drunk from some mist on a mountain. Shippo and Hachi both transformed into Kagome because....I don't know.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, yup, then I remember seeing that one. Probably one of the later episodes that I actually thought was good when I was starting to lose interest & was really only watching it because I was recording it for a friend.

daveo42

Banned
Parasyte -Episode 6

Yooooooo. This episode was intense.

Someone needs to hurry up and license and dub Parasyte. This would make an exciting group watch.

Yeah it is definitely good. I'd say my only gripe about it so far is the end theme. It just does not match the tone of the show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most of my Inuyasha gifs are gone sadly.

I'm going to gif Final Act though, primarily for Jaken getting picked on moments.

Crocodile

A) I saw the repeat of South Park tonight. It was amazing! I'm also not sure that was a Sword Art Online reference. That show doesn't own/didn't invent that concept.

B) Parasyte, Bahamut and Shirobako are the three best shows of the season and the first two would be great Toonami shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom