• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trickle of dub actors for Funi's dub of Free! S2 (Greg Ayers, JYB, ect) make me super sad there is no way this ends up on TV, because man, there would be some meltdowns from people I would love to watch

Please funi put free on in place of shingeki..Free would no doubt beat it in ratings. Itd also increase the number of western good male free cosplays, want.

Also Seraph of the End must be added if dubbed eventually .

Just saw the ratings, toonami is dead now that Bleach is over. They better try to co-fund Blood War or the block will be cancelled by the end of December.

Raxus

Just saw the ratings, toonami is dead now that Bleach is over. They better try to co-fund Blood War or the block will be cancelled by the end of December.

Clearly. If we only we had a stronger and much more popular show to take its place but alas no such show was demanded for months that featured super powered characters that duke it out using cool foreign named attacks like Bleach.

Raxus

Manga day! Time to read some Naru...oh.

At least One Piece will cheer me u...oh...

BTW is the Space Dandy Soundtrack landing stateside anytime soon?

Seda

iuNizjHi5OaV1.png

Itsygo is back though.
iPHenyf831uC2.gif

Grexeno

Really excited to finally play the Mario Kart 8 DLC, but all the requisite system updates and content downloads are taking around 45 minutes. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had the patch update while I had my Wii U in standby mode over the night, so I only had to deal with downloading the DLC when I woke up. Sadly, took longer than expected, so I didn't get to play much (only 2 time trials) before going to class, & I think my programming assignments (how the hell do I figure fractal depths?!) will prevent me from playing more today.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Davy-Back Non-Canon™ material also gets the Man-God Seal of Approval™.

EDIT: Watch episode 147-148 of Inuyasha and that will give you most of what you need to go on.

Davy-Back is canon, believe it or not.

Everything in the 2nd half isn't canon up until the final showdown.

If only it was that simple, there are filler elements even in the canon parts IE

Game 1: Game is canon, but has more teams and events to make it more exciting

Game 2: Completely canon, however the person chosen at the end is filler

Game 3: Filler, the character chosen at the end was supposed to be picked in Game 2

Game 4/5: Filler

Game 6: Canon but the set up is different/filler, in addition more canon events that happened after this game are pushed later in the anime after another filler arc.

Levyne

Banned
How do you bring in Sean to a recording session, put that thing together, listen to it, and then not immediately trash it? It's garbage.

daveo42

Banned
If only it was that simple, there are filler elements even in the canon parts IE

Game 1: Game is canon, but has more teams and events to make it more exciting

Game 2: Completely canon, however the person chosen at the end is filler

Game 3: Filler, the character chosen at the end was supposed to be picked in Game 2

Game 4/5: Filler

Game 6: Canon but the set up is different/filler, in addition more canon events that happened after this game are pushed later in the anime after another filler arc.

Eh...close enough. The way it is lumped it, it's not like you can easily cut out the filler anyway.

Ugh that opening.

Any Toonami gaffers who are interested in a two day guest pass to Crunchy Roll send me a PM I've got 3 will give them out first come first serve.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Parasyte 5 reaction: NOOOOOOOOOOO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO NO NO NO NO!

Funimation or whoever needs to dub this. It'd make for a good 2:30 anime on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know it's from a time when the quality of dubs weren't that great, but.....the Inuyasha dub is pretty meh so far.

I start to really dig it after awhile and consider it Ocean Group's third best dub overall. It's nowhere near the league of their best (Some show called Black Lagoon) and doesn't quite measure up to the second best (Death Note)

Guess who showed up in InuYasha.
44546_45277.jpg

He doesn't look very important. >.>

I start to really dig it after awhile and consider it Ocean Group's third best dub overall. It's nowhere near the league of their best (Some show called Black Lagoon) and doesn't quite measure up to the second best (Death Note)

Didn't know Death Note was dubbed by Ocean Group.
I think the InuYasha dub is growing on me a little. I guess it improves as it goes on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Guess who showed up in InuYasha.
44546_45277.jpg

He doesn't look very important. >.>

Didn't know Death Note was dubbed by Ocean Group.
I think the InuYasha dub is growing on me a little. I guess it improves as it goes on.

The Inuyasha dub is...serviceable. It's not terrible. It's not great. Naraku and Sesshoumaru have the best voices in the series. Richard Ian Cox just isn't terribly good in general, and Moneca Stori's Kagome is super irritating.

InuYasha's dub starts out pretty bad, honestly, with a pretty unfortunate combination of the actors getting used to their roles and a script that's generally clumsy as well as insistent on using old English (and using it poorly.)

It becomes serviceable after like 30 episodes, though I don't think the actors ever really lose this overly theatrical quality to their performances.

Seda

Inuyasha's dub is just 'okay' (I should say it eventually becomes 'okay'). I always appreciate hearing VAs that aren't super prevalent everywhere else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom