• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
iuNizjHi5OaV1.png

iPHenyf831uC2.gif

I just love the zero fucks of being cut in half in this gif, like even if you are a demon that can regenerate or what have you, you'd still be like what the fuck at something like that happening

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
InuYasha's dub starts out pretty bad, honestly, with a pretty unfortunate combination of the actors getting used to their roles and a script that's generally clumsy as well as insistent on using old English (and using it poorly.)

It becomes serviceable after like 30 episodes, though I don't think the actors ever really lose this overly theatrical quality to their performances.

the main VAs are alright in the beginning, but it becomes clear that the background characters werent getting paid the same amount, they talked mostly in the first episode, but you can feel the half-assed voicing from them, its actually the same problem in the very beginning(most notably the first episode) of yu yu hakusho.

Mik317

First let me start this off with two appolgies.

1. I am sorry for going ahead and finishing Gurran Lagaan without you guys. If Netflix didn't put it back up I wouldn't have...but I also wouldn't have if the show didn't get crazy better.

2. I am sorry for dissing the show early..it was a hell of a slow burn. I still think the first half is kinda weak but yo...that second half. So those who said to wait it out...were right.

Now on to SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK BLACK BARS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING THE SHOW.

Holy fuck this show is amazing. It just keeps upping the crazy and does it well. The cast really finds their niche in the second half but the series is never bogged down as it knows it only has about 13 episodes to conclude itself but goddamn shit was amazing. Motherfuckers were chucking galaxies and shit man...
The best

- Kitan da bes. He really grew on me...he still was a 2nd rate Kamina but it worked in the end.

- Motherfuckers chucked galaxies.

- The final attack made me catch the holy ghost.

- Simon became gdlk.

- The OST. Can't really tell during Toonami as I have to keep the sound low but wow this is really good. The Opera Version of the theme is the greatest but even the smaller tracks hit.

The eh
- Yoko's kisses of death.\
- Rossiu...I mean I get why he did it but c'mon dude.
- The shit people of earth who quickly turned on the GUY WHO SAVED YOUR ASSES
- Simon's end...dude got a bad deal.

So yeah this show is amazing and while I didn't finish it with you guys I am glad Toonami allowed me to give it another shot...as I wouldn't have done so.

now that I have broken these bonds, I am off to do random shit with no rhyme or reason until I am poorly redeemed for my actions...except not really.

I just love the zero fucks of being cut in half in this gif, like even if you are a demon that can regenerate or what have you, you'd still be like what the fuck at something like that happening

I'm sure that getting sliced in half hurts so I'd probably want to avoid that even if i had regenerating health

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like that they pretend they're going to pass some savings along to consumers

Okay Dish

whatever you say

1. I am sorry for going ahead and finishing Gurran Lagaan without you guys. If Netflix didn't put it back up I wouldn't have...but I also wouldn't have if the show didn't get crazy better.

2. I am sorry for dissing the show early..it was a hell of a slow burn. I still think the first half is kinda weak but yo...that second half. So those who said to wait it out...were right.

Now on to SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK BLACK BARS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING THE SHOW.

Holy fuck this show is amazing. It just keeps upping the crazy and does it well. The cast really finds their niche in the second half but the series is never bogged down as it knows it only has about 13 episodes to conclude itself but goddamn shit was amazing. Motherfuckers were chucking galaxies and shit man...
The best

- Kitan da bes. He really grew on me...he still was a 2nd rate Kamina but it worked in the end.

- Motherfuckers chucked galaxies.

- The final attack made me catch the holy ghost.

- Simon became gdlk.

- The OST. Can't really tell during Toonami as I have to keep the sound low but wow this is really good. The Opera Version of the theme is the greatest but even the smaller tracks hit.

The eh
- Yoko's kisses of death.\
- Rossiu...I mean I get why he did it but c'mon dude.
- The shit people of earth who quickly turned on the GUY WHO SAVED YOUR ASSES
- Simon's end...dude got a bad deal.

So yeah this show is amazing and while I didn't finish it with you guys I am glad Toonami allowed me to give it another shot...as I wouldn't have done so.

now that I have broken these bonds, I am off to do random shit with no rhyme or reason until I am poorly redeemed for my actions...except not really.

38EXPir.gif

Too late.

fKuxo8S.gif

Why, man? Why?

Mik317

uhh something something this world is flawed something something generic angst.

There was a chance I'd miss some weekends a few weeks back so I went ahead and things got too hype to stop

uhh something something this world is flawed something something generic angst.

There was a chance I'd miss some weekends a few weeks back so I went ahead and things got too hype to stop

Don't miss this weekend.
Because Final Act.
They brought it to Toonami.
Watch it.

ckohler

I can't really blame you; The show is amazing. At least there are still a few here who are watching it in real time. I love those first-timer reactions.

Seda

I've seen enough hentai anime to assume she's probably being mind-controlled, maybe by Naraku. Their pupils change to indicate they're under someone else's control.

She's mad at Miroku for flirting with other women, I think she's threatening him here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
so is Inuyasha actually any good

I can never tell with you people

It's, uhh, well, you see, hmm...

...it has its moments.

Here, let me translate this post into Inuyasha dialogue:

Shippo: Oh, now I remember! Htown was asking if Inuyasha is actually any good.
Miroku: That's right. With demons such as these it's hard to tell.
Kagome: It's hard to tell?
Inuyasha: I don't give a crap about any of that! You're going down, Naraku!

I hope this has been informative.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a demon in a village?

> Yes

WIND SCAR!

> No

NARAKU MUST BE PLANNING SOMETHING.

Was there was a jewel shard in the village?

> No

WELP ON TO THE NEXT VILLAGE!

> Yes

Lulz there's never jewel shards at the villages they go to, it's only demons.

I used to be really into Inuyasha, but I don't remember when my interest faded. I had played the PS1 game and Secret of the Cursed Mask for PS2, both of which I enjoyed. I never finished the PS2 one because my tv had brightness issues and I couldn't see where I was supposed to go in the last dungeon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
huh

well it can't be worse than Shippuden, mostly because that's fucking impossible

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I THINK I started getting out of Inuyasha around the same time I was getting out of Naruto & Bleach. It was when I realized how repetitive some of these longer-running animes seemed to me. Naruto was when it was in its filler phase (the last episode I remember was when they were trying to look under Kakashi's mask), Bleach was that terrible Bound arc, & Inuyasha, I can't remember, because I kept "watching" to record it on VHS for my friend who didn't have cable or satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom