• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

if y'all say so

For a series that is 90% action comedy, that scene and an two others really stick out like a sore thumb. So much that if they have to edit those moments out for it to air on Toonami, it would actually make the series better, imo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just because someone is a fan of something doesn't mean they enjoy EVERY SINGLE part of said thing/franchise/series/whatever. I mean, it'd be like saying I was shown a scene involving the twins from Black Lagoon & then automatically thinking that every single fan of Black Lagoon ENJOYED watching those twins and what they did.

ckohler

This week’s themes were Flashbacks and Full intros. On with the reviews:

DBZ: Kai - I’m enjoying this so far. Pacing is quick and keeps me interested. I wasn’t expecting to feel nostalgia but I think I’m starting to. It’s humourus to listen to Piccolo talk about wanting to take over the Earth and that his and Goku’s power levels are around 400 or something. I forgot that his home planet was called Vegeta. That’s weird. I’m looking forward to them dispatching Raditz and getting to the more interesting stuff later.

Naruto: Shippuden - More endless tree running, ridiculously over-powered wood clone behavior and *gasp* they told Naruto he was a bully when in demon form! He had to be told because our protag is too stupid to figure anything out on his own. There are over 300 episodes of this series and counting. Can you Believe It?

One Piece - People seem really down about these recap episodes but speaking as someone who never saw them, I’m glad they’re airing. I never knew who Shanks was or where Luffy’s hat came from. Neat stuff. Of course, the little silly Chopper-man story at the end was delightful. I’m assuming there will be a few more of those which is fine with me!

Gurren Lagann - One of the weaker episodes of the series, imo, although it does have that fantastic animation part where Dai-Gurren runs up the side of a mountain and flying kicks an airborne battleship. Pretty manly. Mostly, this episode was to show that Simon can pilot Gurren Lagann alone if needed and that team Dai-Gurren now has access to the power of flight (via the “levisphere” they stole from Cytomader’s battleship). Of course Nia’s cooking is terrible and yet Simon and Boota love it. Love is stronger than tastebuds, I suppose.

Inuyasha: Final Act - My head is still spinning. I liked what I saw, even for what little I could make out. I honestly don’t know what was all going on but it certainly had a little of something for everyone and it looks like just about every character in the series was shown. I do have to laugh at that white-haired, kid character showing up and then dying all in the first episode. Kagame’s new voice is just fine. I might actually prefer it, a little. I do hope the show slows down a little bit, though. I would really like to be able to follow all the action rather than just admiring the artwork.

Bleach - Where are we? What is happening? Where is Ichigod? Where is anyone?! The only person I recognize is that snow-powered short guy. Why were there Hollows(?) in tracksuits? As hard as Final Act was to follow, at least I SORTA understood a little of what was going on there. Here, I have zero idea. Just characters I’ve never seen before battling. How many episodes until the next arc? At least then, I can go in with a fresh start. Also, I heard Aizen’s name uttered which made me grin. Still, as clueless as I was, it was still more entertaining than the last few episodes of the series, I guess. Lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still kind of surprised they haven't aired the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Also I FINALLY figured out the final 3 trophies I need in SSB 3DS to get all 685 (Gust Bellows, Superspicy Curry, & Pooka).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still kind of surprised they haven't aired the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Also I FINALLY figured out the final 3 trophies I need in SSB 3DS to get all 685 (Gust Bellows, Superspicy Curry, & Pooka).

I'm missing three hats and feel deflated about it. I know I could probably get them with another 10 hours of classic or Smash Run, but man. I thought I was missing one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bebop and DBZ Kai happen to be at the same resolution. So are Final Act and TTGL so I decided to make extra gifs this week.

Inuyasha: Final Act - My head is still spinning. I liked what I saw, even for what little I could make out. I honestly don’t know what was all going on but it certainly had a little of something for everyone and it looks like just about every character in the series was shown. I do have to laugh at that white-haired, kid character showing up and then dying all in the first episode. Kagame’s new voice is just fine. I might actually prefer it, a little. I do hope the show slows down a little bit, though. I would really like to be able to follow all the action rather than just admiring the artwork.

This is what happened.

Kanna read poetry to Naraku. Miroku had Shippo impersonate him, but Sango caught him. Inuyasha embarrassed Kagome in the modern world. LORD SESSHOMARU is shown wandering around. Hakudoshi and Moriomaru convince Kagura to join them Hakudoshi steals Kagome's jewel shard. Moriomaru attacks Koga for his jewel shards. Kohaku is ordered to kill demons, is attacked by a floating wolfs head controlled by a stick demon. He meets some random kid and his dad. The kid gets possessed by said stick but Kagura shows up and kills it...then tells Kohaku she knows where Naraku's heart is (it's Moriomaru) and then attacks him. Kikiyo helps Koga to disable Moriomaru, who flees. Kagura and Kohaku fight for a bit, but then she has a change of heart and wants him to flee with his jewel shard and be free, right as Hakudoshi shows up and attacks her. Inuyasha comes in for the save and Kohaku and Sango fly off. Kagura tells the group about the heart and how Hakudoshi is betraying Naraku. Hakudoshi says shit and, well, just look at the last few Inuyasha gifs. Sango and Kohaku have a heart to heart when Moriomaru attacks them, but Inuyasha shows up and drives them off. Kikiyo is talking to her soul collectors about needing to be repurified, end of episode.

Akame ga Kill! - Episode 20

Huh?

So from what I've gathered,
most of this episode was the anime-only stuff you guys were mentioning, right? I haven't read the manga yet, but some of the events in this episode felt out of place.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is what happened.

Kanna read poetry to Naraku. Miroku had Shippo impersonate him, but Sango caught him. Inuyasha embarrassed Kagome in the modern world. LORD SESSHOMARU is shown wandering around. Hakudoshi and Moriomaru convince Kagura to join them Hakudoshi steals Kagome's jewel shard. Moriomaru attacks Koga for his jewel shards. Kohaku is ordered to kill demons, is attacked by a floating wolfs head controlled by a stick demon. He meets some random kid and his dad. The kid gets possessed by said stick but Kagura shows up and kills it...then tells Kohaku she knows where Naraku's heart is (it's Moriomaru) and then attacks him. Kikiyo helps Koga to disable Moriomaru, who flees. Kagura and Kohaku fight for a bit, but then she has a change of heart and wants him to flee with his jewel shard and be free, right as Hakudoshi shows up and attacks her. Inuyasha comes in for the save and Kohaku and Sango fly off. Kagura tells the group about the heart and how Hakudoshi is betraying Naraku. Hakudoshi says shit and, well, just look at the last few Inuyasha gifs. Sango and Kohaku have a heart to heart when Moriomaru attacks them, but Inuyasha shows up and drives them off. Kikiyo is talking to her soul collectors about needing to be repurified, end of episode.

That really does seem like a bit much for one episode, even more so if it's true that the episode was run 10% faster than normal. DeMarco needs to slow that shit down.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That really does seem like a bit much for one episode, even more so if it's true that the episode was run 10% faster than normal. DeMarco needs to slow that shit down.

There have been Seasons of Bleach with less fights in them.

zDFYxf1.gif

was Hakudoshi a legitimate threat?

where i'm at in the original series, he's just a punk kid with a horse and weapon that are both too big for him that he stole from a useless demon. and in Final Act he gets taken down by Miroku.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

where i'm at in the original series, he's just a punk kid with a horse and weapon that are both too big for him that he stole from a useless demon. and in Final Act he gets taken down by Miroku.

He has a great shield and will regenerate from any injury because of his attachment to Naraku.

Also cut him some slack, he's like...a few months old at best!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There have been Seasons of Bleach with less fights in them.

zDFYxf1.gif

Entire arcs of that show have had less going on. I mean I don't mind quick pacing, but there's such a thing as too quick.

Going from Final Act to Bleach gave me whiplash. It was like going 257 mph and then slamming on the breaks.

Dude was basically immortal, his plans kinda sucked though. He lived to try and out troll Naraku.

Everyone on Naraku's team is Revolver Ocelot. I dunno how Inuyasha and gang can keep up with the constant betrayals. Must be hard trying to figure out who is the enemy of my enemy for each evil plot.

He has a great shield and will regenerate from any injury because of his attachment to Naraku.

Also cut him some slack, he's like...a few months old at best!

hey, not even Naraku deserved to be as smug as Hakudoshi was. kids suck.

Dude was basically immortal, his plans kinda sucked though. He lived to try and out troll Naraku.

Everyone on Naraku's team is Revolver Ocelot. I dunno how Inuyasha and gang can keep up with the constant betrayals. Must be hard trying to figure out who is the enemy of my enemy for each evil plot.

that just makes it even more like a soap opera :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only Naraku incarnations that haven't betrayed or attempted to betray Naraku were the ones that were only on screen for a few episodes at most.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Final Act was just nonsense

Like I know I hadn't watched the show before, but I figured I'd be able to follow along at least somewhat after reading about what happened beforehand.

NOPE.

Like, remember when Blue Exorcist decided to shove like half a season's worth of plot into like two episodes?

That stuff felt well-paced, rational and easy to follow compared to Final Act.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Like I know I hadn't watched the show before, but I figured I'd be able to follow along at least somewhat after reading about what happened beforehand.

NOPE.

Keep watching, it'll start making sense. The plot keeps reducing itself and does it quite quickly.

EDIT: REAL ASS INUYASHA FINAL ACT SPOILERS, DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT REAL ASS SPOILERS.
They kill off about one bad guy an episode for the next ten episodes or so until it's just Naraku and one Henchmen versus Team Inuyasha and team LORD SESSHOMARU.

NOPE.

Like, remember when Blue Exorcist decided to shove like half a season's worth of plot into like two episodes?

That stuff felt well-paced, rational and easy to follow compared to Final Act.
Too bad they didn't have a plot recap in the beginning of the episode

Raxus

In other anime news.

Akame Ga Kill went for the anime OG ending and thus skipped lots of great content and good villains :(

In Cross Ange
I have yet to see an episode of this series but it seems SAO levels of awful.

Soulflarz

Banned
So i bought a 3ds xl for $65
But i dont have a bank account (er, Idk my numbers) to deposit cash into if i sell it for $160
what do i do

Regiruler

Man, I really loved Kai. All the dramatic panning and cuts made it seem nostalgic, but they then get back into relevant dialogue and then take action. It's probably the best pacing on the block.

How many episodes is it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, I really loved Kai. All the dramatic panning and cuts made it seem nostalgic, but they then get back into relevant dialogue and then take action. It's probably the best pacing on the block.

How many episodes is it?

98 brings us to the end of what Funimation has dubbed.

The world would have to end for them not to pick up the final bit considering it was basically made entirely to sell in the west.

Levyne

Banned
Obviously you're free to do what you want, but I'm sure a gaffer would like a 3ds at a discount if you bought it to flip. You could still make some money off of it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Obviously you're free to do what you want, but I'm sure a gaffer would like a 3ds at a discount if you bought it to flip. You could still make some money off of it.
But whats a reasonable price? I mean I want some profit.
I-is $130+shipping too much to ask for?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$130 should be fine, especially if it's still new. I'm seeing about $175 used at Gamestop, and it's still about $200-ish for new ones.

Also, I just discovered my college seems to have a cosplay club.

Levyne

Banned

That sounds like a decent price to me, but again I don't mean to say what you should do (it's up to you, really). It normally sells for 200? That's a pretty nice discount and a fair chunk of extra change in your pocket. Anywhere between 120-150 seems like a good sweet spot.

bigkrev

I do, its just through my dad and theres no way in hell hes giving me the routing number and such >.<
Which sucks, this is an easy $100!

I'm gonna give you a PROTIP. Routing numbers are generally based on location, not individual user. Google your bank name and the city you are in and you will get the correct number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom