• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OH THANK GOD.

So not only did campus police unlock my car before my class, but they did it for free! Of course, my dad didn't have a spare (told me to get one made as soon as I got done with classes), but I'm just so glad I didn't have to spend $50 and waste my holiday funds away.

A festivus miracle.

Soulflarz

Banned
OH THANK GOD.

So not only did campus police unlock my car before my class, but they did it for free! Of course, my dad didn't have a spare (told me to get one made as soon as I got done with classes), but I'm just so glad I didn't have to spend $50 and waste my holiday funds away.

Glad to hear

You should buy a copy of cubic ninja with that $50, or so ive heard.

daveo42

Banned
OH THANK GOD.

Yup, best way to break back into your own car is with the help of the cops. Glad you were able to get your car unlocked for free.

bigkrev

Glad to hear

You should buy a copy of cubic ninja with that $50, or so ive heard.

I ordered from gohastings on Amazon for 9 bucks the night of the announcement. The next day I checked and saw they were still selling it, but now for 20 dollars. I sent them a strongly worded e-mail noting that if they canceled me and claimed "Inventory Issues" or something I would be raining holy hell on them.

Nielsen is going to start tracking how much people watch netflix. Here are some interesting quotes from the article:

The new Nielsen measurements are designed to give some teeth to the long-held assumption that licensing television shows to streaming videos services hurts regular TV watching. Until now, though, content owners haven't had much leverage to charge more for their shows because Netflix and Amazon hold their audience metrics for themselves.

It's worth noting that they aren't so much participating as being measured against their will.

Still it's not clear what effect these Nielsen measurements might actually have on what programming gets to your house and how it gets there. It might keep new shows from ending up in your streaming queues a little longer, but it's also possible that it might just result in more lucrative licensing deals for content owners.

Any thoughts on how this could potentially effect toonami going forward?

Raxus

Hard to tell. In general all of television is going to suffer as we move towards a streaming future. It is just too convenient and watching live television is often more of a hassle, especially with serialized shows. HBO is going to premiere its streaming service soon and I heard CBS isn't too far behind. NBC and ABC already bank on Hulu. We'll have to see how cable networks respond.

10 years from now we are going to see very different climate in terms of how internet, cable and phone distributed now many people 'cut the cord' so to speak on everything but internet.

bigkrev

Nielsen is going to start tracking how much people watch netflix. Here are some interesting quotes from the article:

This is really strange- Outside of Anime stuff on Toonami, I can't think of a single first run show that simulpubs to Netflix- Stuff normally shows up right before the next season starts. Seems really strange to track- it only will show increases of reruns for old shows.

daveo42

Banned

Only if there is a considerable number of people streaming anime on Netflix over a specific time period. I'm not familiar with the deals it cuts with content providers to get shows per se, but most of the time the shows that do appear that aren't owned by Netflix come around the same time the DVD/Blu-ray is released. That fact alone might not be worth pulling back live content as another revenue stream for anime content providers like Funi.

I'm guessing it won't have any real impact on Toonami.

Edit: Toonami will be in more trouble if sites like Crunchy Roll start streaming anime dubs week to week along side the original simulcast.

They need to get on and start recording other streaming services as well. They won't have to do their magic math to come up with those viewers. Of course I don't know what percentage of people are watching Toonami on the stream site vs. at their home, so I can't say for sure that It will significantly boost up ratings.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Because Attack on Titan is expensive.

You can still use it in a position where it can be a benefit rather than a detriment. If you spend a lot on it, you should maximize its value on the block. While just slapping it right up front seems like common sense, the way I see it is like this:

Attack on Titan reruns at 11:30 will likely draw lower than what the 11:30 slot could/should more often than not.
Attack on Titan reruns at 2:00 will likely draw higher than what the 2:00 slot could/should more often than not.

Titan will find its audience just about anywhere on the block at this point. It doesn't need a whole lot of help from its timeslot, and putting it at the back end of the premieres at this stage could extend viewership later into the night. That's obviously what Inuyasha is expected to do in the 2:00 slot now as a long-anticipated premiere, but I think Inuyasha's demographics benefit much much more from the earlier timeslot than Attack on Titan's do. The potential value of AoT in a later timeslot seems much greater to me than its value as a rerun in the lead-off spot.

But who knows? Maybe Titan will go back to 1.5m next week and the bottom will fall out on Inuyasha after everybody was left confused after the first episode and they will have made the right decision after all. *shrug*

Grexeno

The movie month schedule is what ultimately sold me on that idea.
Movie Month schedule is likely a combination of:

Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, DBZ, paying up for the last 2 Hellsing episodes, and having to put Inuyasha on this year's budget instead of next year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of surprised nobody's licensed the series yet. So far, I still think it'd make for a good Toonami series later in the night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
THEY COULDN'T EVEN GET ARMIN'S HAIR COLOR RIGHT, FILM IS COMPLETELY & UTTERLY RUINED BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T STICK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

All seriousness, I want to know how the titan and the action scenes are handled. I have a bad feeling titans will be CGI. & why does Sasha look like she's trying to mimic The Hunger Games?

& college called, told me it'd be wise to see a career adviser. Seriously hope I can figure out what the hell I should do after graduating. Just know I want to major &/or minor in Information Technologies &/or Computer Science.

Jarate

Banned
THEY COULDN'T EVEN GET ARMIN'S HAIR COLOR RIGHT, FILM IS COMPLETELY & UTTERLY RUINED BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T STICK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

All seriousness, I want to know how the titan and the action scenes are handled. I have a bad feeling titans will be CGI. & why does Sasha look like she's trying to mimic The Hunger Games?

& college called, told me it'd be wise to see a career adviser. Seriously hope I can figure out what the hell I should do after graduating. Just know I want to major &/or minor in Information Technologies &/or Computer Science.

make a video game about me!

daveo42

Banned

67b.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how long until we get it for Toonami Movie Month?

make a video game about me!
Considering some of the programming classes I'm taking/have took (Intro to Database Structures uuggghhh), I'm not sure if I'm cut out for the direct involvement of programming games. Maybe helping with planning or testing perhaps, but I don't know how much further I can go with learning Java.

Now promoting them since I love being able to tell people about new stuff/info, maybe I could do something like that. Just hope I can figure things out so I can stop feeling so conflicted as to what the hell is gonna happen to me next year or so.

Jarate

Banned
So how long until we get it for Toonami Movie Month?

Considering some of the programming classes I'm taking/have took (Intro to Database Structures uuggghhh), I'm not sure if I'm cut out for the direct involvement of programming games. Maybe helping with planning or testing perhaps, but I don't know how much further I can go with learning Java.

Now promoting them since I love being able to tell people about new stuff/info, maybe I could do something like that. Just hope I can figure things out so I can stop feeling so conflicted as to what the hell is gonna happen to me next year or so.

I would suggest you start looking at specific companies you may want to work at, and finding out what the industry standard for those type of jobs are and what type of equipment you may use.

Also, get an internship for dat sweet section for experience needed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Stoked about the @FUNimation Black Friday exclusive we've been working on. Newsletter subscribers got a sneak peek this afternoon. #DBZ"

Hmmm, maybe Battle of Gods will be on sale? I got an e-mail stating the sale starts next Monday, and while everything is hidden via wrapped gifts, it shows a Funko Pop Goku figure, but with red hair instead of black.

I would suggest you start looking at specific companies you may want to work at, and finding out what the industry standard for those type of jobs are and what type of equipment you may use.

Also, get an internship for dat sweet section for experience needed
I think one of the problems is I live in Michigan, which feels like it translates to "there's nothing here to do/work at that relates to my major/interests". It SHOULD help I live in a college town, but then all the jobs are taken by other college students.

I can only hope that my experience with helping modding a game company's official forums will be of use somehow (at the very least a referral from some of the employees). At the very least, should I actually do something PR-related, I know the correct behavior and how to handle certain situations.

My apologies for being off-topic with these last few posts, but I just to make sure I keep my life in order/in check so I can be able to continue doing the things I enjoy, like affording video games, having internet, and being able to have a method of watching Toonami.

I've lost a little faith in the movie now that I've seen some of their cast decisions. Also, where is Levi and why has he been replaced by Tsukishima? Err, I mean Shikishima.

Jarate

Banned
"Stoked about the @FUNimation Black Friday exclusive we've been working on. Newsletter subscribers got a sneak peek this afternoon. #DBZ"

Hmmm, maybe Battle of Gods will be on sale? I got an e-mail stating the sale starts next Monday, and while everything is hidden via wrapped gifts, it shows a Funko Pop Goku figure, but with red hair instead of black.

I think one of the problems is I live in Michigan, which feels like it translates to "there's nothing here to do/work at that relates to my major/interests". It SHOULD help I live in a college town, but then all the jobs are taken by other college students.

I can only hope that my experience with helping modding a game company's official forums will be of use somehow (at the very least a referral from some of the employees). At the very least, should I actually do something PR-related, I know the correct behavior and how to handle certain situations.

My apologies for being off-topic with these last few posts, but I just to make sure I keep my life in order/in check so I can be able to continue doing the things I enjoy, like affording video games, having internet, and being able to have a method of watching Toonami.

Like I said, you gotta just actively search for it, and even if the place you know isnt hiring anymore, ask them if they know of any other places hiring. Always keep emailing and such.

Avoid your moderation thing, unless you specifically did something related to the job you're applying for.

You can find a job mang, they are out there, especially IT and such, just most of them want some type of experience, and hell, even doing a staples gig got my one friend an IT job for a company.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like I said, you gotta just actively search for it, and even if the place you know isnt hiring anymore, ask them if they know of any other places hiring. Always keep emailing and such.

Avoid your moderation thing, unless you specifically did something related to the job you're applying for.

You can find a job mang, they are out there, especially IT and such, just most of them want some type of experience, and hell, even doing a staples gig got my one friend an IT job for a company.
Yeah, I only consider modding as a volunteer thing & list it as knowing how to deal with situations within an online community. Again, only feel as though it'll help if I aim for PR, Community Manager, or the like.

Hopefully, the talk with the career adviser will be a step towards feeling less confused/conflicted about my future. I appreciate the advice given throughout the page.

Alright, time to get this back on topic. Just checked & there still hasn't been an update on Dish working a deal out with Turner. Almost 2 weeks since their last "update" & it's been about a month now since Dish lost Toonami....

Edit: Oh, I'll get back on topic by an AoT movie comment. Found out the titans WON'T be CGI. That at least makes me glad since I feel like that's what Hollywood would've done.

What? They've done good stuff. Get out more, Bass.

*mentions good stuff they've made*

*doesn't post any examples*

Also how exactly would getting out more expose me to more Japanese live action movies? I can't even think of a place around me besides FYE that would even carry them and that's over 30 minutes away. I couldn't even think of any theaters that would show them. Plus if I get out more I might do something productive with my life instead of sitting around playing games and watching anime all day

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Is Kirby the most overpowered Nintendo character?"

........now I can't help but wonder who'd win. Miroku's Wind Tunnel or Kirby.

*mentions good stuff they've made*

*doesn't post any examples*

Also how exactly would getting out more expose me to more Japanese live action movies? I can't even think of a place around me besides FYE that would even carry them and that's over 30 minutes away. I couldn't even think of any theaters that would show them. Plus if I get out more I might do something productive with my life instead of sitting around playing games and watching anime all day

Damn, bass. Now i have to do your work for you? Look up the Ace Attorney movie and the Death Note one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom