• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey guys, I really want to learn to drive but... I'm scared.
I'm scared of hurting people and hurting myself.

How do you deal with it?

Grexeno

How do you deal with it?
If you're scared of driving that makes you less likely to hurt someone or yourself while doing it because you won't drive like a dipshit.

BatDan

If you're scared of driving that makes you less likely to hurt someone or yourself while doing it because you won't drive like a dipshit.

That's a good point. I guess I can handle it.
It's the other people though... so many just don't know how to drive properly.

Grexeno

That's a good point. I guess I can handle it.
It's the other people though... so many just don't know how to drive properly.
Nothing you can do about them, so assume every other driver and pedestrian is a gibbering lunatic and take that into account when driving.

Crocodile

Fro what I've seen, most of the Japanese actors are improvements look wise on the characters they are playing in the AoT movie *shrugs*

I'm not sure you can realistically expect them to find actors of Anglo-Saxon descent who live in Japan and are fluent in Japanese to play these roles.

Soulflarz

Banned

How do you deal with it?

Be a cautious driver, I promise you, its harder to hit people than you think. Just be liberal with braking? :3
(Aka its smarter to break an extra 5 seconds early and more gradually vs braking fast)

BatDan

Is this real life how old are you where do you live and how do you survive without driving?

Basically when I was 13, I was hit by a car, and 7 months later I was in an accident. Kind of freaked me out for a long time.
I got help, walked everywhere and got rides.
Now i want to learn.

Basically when I was 13, I was hit by a car, and 7 months later I was in an accident. Kind of freaked me out for a long time.
Now i want to learn.
Just don't freak out and you'll be fine.
Also, get someone that isn't a relative to teach you how to drive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You should learn how to drive. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

tumblr_mr2wkzFw1y1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

2425752f1922adf52732f4ecf0df82cb.gif

Edit: OH, um, I didn't see your post about what happened to you as a kid. I hope the post above isn't taken the wrong way, I just thought of the FLCL scene.

Now i want to learn.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, BD.
At least you're confident enough now to want to learn how to drive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering I live in a college town, I'm used to street being rather busy at times. It's just the winter that's annoying since I live in the country, near the border of town, which means the roads are more slippery/icy until I get into town where the roads are more clear.

Seda

Growing up in Iowa, getting a license was really easy personally. Simply take an 8(?) week class where you meet once a week for a lecture. Each weekend the instructor had me drive down various highways and country roads for a few hours. We talked about whatever we wanted to during the driving. We basically took roadtrips to various locations, like through a German heritage city/town and such. Not many big cities in Iowa (although there was of course some city driving too).

And then you get your license, no test.

Now that I live in Atlanta, I'm now used to high traffic driving too, lol.

bigkrev

Driving is easy.

Too easy. It's why its dangerous yet perfectly safe most of the time.

Yep. I'm often paying way more attention to whatever in listening to than on the actual mechanics of driving. Speeding up, slowing down, watching the road - its line breathing - your always doing it, but pay it no mind

Jarate

Banned
Driving is the perfect opportunity to listen to history podcasts and audio books

Thats one of the bets reasons to drive

daveo42

Banned

How do you deal with it?

Now i want to learn.

When I was learning how to drive, I was in a traffic accident where my car (a Ford Fiesta) was hit by a Chevy Z71 pick up truck. Because I was a kid (15) and only had my temps, I was cited for the accident and didn't want to drive for an entire month. I was practically forced to by my family and I eventually got over that trauma through some persistence and learning to drive a manual transmission.

The point here is that you shouldn't let past trauma get in the way of doing anything. Find a friend or family member if it's an option and just start driving. Make sure to follow whatever your states guidelines are beforehand for getting an actual driver's license and then get out there and drive. Just take it all at your own pace and comfort level and you'll quickly pick it up.

I......also don't know how to drive.

Well Dipper, you're not old enough to drive, but you'll get there one day!

Line_HTX

I don't know much about Los Angeles traffic, but I know that here in Houston, the traffic is just riddled with accidents. I have to get on campus practically at least two hours beforehand just so I can avoid any potential random crashes on the Southwest side. Even taking alternate routes take forever too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom