• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

I'm going to need a summary.

Fake edit: Oh, a Lionel Mandrake recap and a SunhiLegend video. I'm set.

tumblr_n0ysb53Wc51qhucbqo4_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Magi is also up on Netflix US.

In fact let's make an update of my Netflix list with all of the new titles.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Never heard of it. Looks recent
Deadman Wonderland - Heard of it, Recommend.
Digimon Season 3 and 4 - Season 3 is kind of a must watch, as crazy as it sounds. Good in English and the original form. Note that the series is different enough that the versions are separate on Netflix.
Freezing - Heard this was awful. Girl with enormous breasts on the cover.
Ghost in the Shell:Arise - This is pretty ok.
Kotoura-san - No idea.
Magi - I think this was added really recently. Yesterday or today even. People seem to like it. Dub and Sub.
Mazinkaiser SKL - No idea. It's a movie with a big robot, if you couldn't guess from the title.
My Little Monster - No clue.
Noragami - This might have been on my last list. Still have no clue.
Samurai Flamenco - No fucking clue. About a model who becomes a superhero or something.
Yu-Gi-Oh - First 49 episodes. English Only. Final Destination (For Glory?)
Devil is a Part Timer - Short, fun little show. Great opening. Not enough action for TOONAMI.
Gurren Laggan - Is on TOONAMI right now.

UPDATE CORNER:

FMA:B - Still sparing us from that awful final season theme.
Spice and Wolf - Still only season 2.
Pokémon - They added the rest of the Indigo league and the Kyruem movie which stars Ed Elric.

Also someone said that Samurai Champloo is back. It's not on the A to Z list yet. UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: It's there if you search for it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Digimon Fusion only has an English version.

Noragami looks Blue Exorcist-tier generic.

You're right, Digimon Adventure is still only 3 Seasons. Still holds true for season 3 though.

Also that's a crapload of Anime since the last time I made this list which was late summer. Most of it is pretty damn good as well.

BBboy20

It really was awesome, but I don't think we can get a sequel. Keanu killed off all the bad guys. Well, I suppose they could do a prequel...
I have this theory the filmmakers wanted to create this world of hitmen and woman but still wanted to make an action movie out of it so they just focus on one character to slowly unravel it.

You're right, Digimon Adventure is still only 3 Seasons. Still holds true for season 3 though.

Also that's a crapload of Anime since the last time I made this list which was late summer. Most of it is pretty damn good as well.

I think a lot of stuff expired.....but I can't actually remember what expired outside of Tenchi GXP, so I assume it was a bunch of shitty fanservice shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think a lot of stuff expired.....but I can't actually remember what expired outside of Tenchi GXP, so I assume it was a bunch of shitty fanservice shows.

If you find my list you can compare. Nothing worthwhile has expired lately besides Champloo, which was just readded yesterday.

daveo42

Banned
God, I want Season 3 so bad...you know, for the economics...

That is actually the best part of the show. Navigating the world as a merchant and using them skills to get out of some pretty hairy situations is kind of what kept me engaged.

Besides, Holo is way too much of a cock tease. Poor poor Lawrence.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The other anime that has shown up in the UK Netflix has eventually made it to the US Netflix almost all of the time. I'm very excited to see Steins;Gate and having Dandy on Demand would be great.

Gorillaz

Netflix building up a little resume in it's anime section huh. Didn't thin Dandy would be on Netflix this quick or Steins Gate

They still haven't dubbed the SG movie now that I remember

daveo42

Banned
So is Stein's Gate good?

I hear it's heavy otaku.

It's fantastic. Since it does take place in and around Akihabara, there some otaku presence, but really the only thing most people may complain about is the chuuni protag. The sci-fi aspect and the characters are what really do it for me.

How heavy are we talking, I wonder.

Danganronpa proved to be about my limit when it comes to Otaku bait.

Soul would have a better idea about that since I haven't played either game.

Gorillaz

I liked SG's way of tackling science fiction. Probably one of the better anime's out there that follows it's own "rules" without adding in alot of deus ex machina plots

if that makes sense..only thing that I rolled my eyes with was
the middle part where somehow every chick liked him..apparently they did it because this is based off a novel/pick your own, type of romance...still it was an eye roller but didn't kill it for me

daveo42

Banned
That spoiler'd part isn't entirely true, but for the sake of those who haven't seen it or did the VN, I won't go into the details as to why.

Gorillaz

That spoiler'd part isn't entirely true, but for the sake of those who haven't seen it or did the VN, I won't go into the details as to why.

agreed. Its like true if you give no context.

it most likely isn't the full answer since that was the answer I was given from a coworker who is questionable in answers as well (still my breh but his opinions are usually off)

whatever the reason, it was still an eye roller

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I'm officially giving up on the Bleach Filler. I can't do it.

It was fun teasing it, maybe I'll find a list of all the one offs but the Bount Arc brings back too many painful memories.

I grabbed the DBZ Kai discs instead and will make gifs the day after each episode instead. More fun and more useful. Got the Final Act discs as well somewhere around here.

Soulflarz

Banned
it most likely isn't the full answer since that was the answer I was given from a coworker who is questionable in answers as well (still my breh but his opinions are usually off)

whatever the reason, it was still an eye roller

just going through
moeka didnt like him
Faris did in one route in the game, arguably
PTW didnt
Ruka DOES
Mayuri does as a friend which doesnt really count in the sense you mean...
Obviously kurisu loves him

so thats not really "all" :3

What https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NJh_sTQLY

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As much as I like Steins;Gate, just be warned that some people consider the beginning kind of slow & it takes some time for the "real" plot to kick in. Though I'd say it's more of character building & establishing the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom