• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
If space dandy wasn't some toonami special premier and didn't have that washed up director name on it, then 90% of people who talk about it wouldn't give a shit about it and most of those that talk about it, wouldn't be pretending it was anywhere near as good as they brainwashed themselfs to believe it was.

it wasn't bad, season 1 was a 4.5/10 at best, season 2 was an improvement.

post-32322-Bender-haha-gif-Futurama-Oh-wa-PgCH.gif

Gorillaz

If space dandy wasn't some toonami special premier and didn't have that washed up director name on it, then 90% of people who talk about it wouldn't give a shit about it and most of those that talk about it, wouldn't be pretending it was anywhere near as good as they brainwashed themselfs to believe it was.

tumblr_inline_mlokux8o5v1qz4rgp.gif

I don't have a bleach gif for this one, ManGod halp

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Do you find joy in anything? Like at all? Because you seem to hate absolutely everything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

mnbBxOd.gif

please, tell me more about what my opinion actually is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If anything Space Dandy was too harshly criticized for not being Cowboy Bebop 2.0 until the zombie episode dropped.

I didn't read the reactions from AnimeGAF but weren't they generally positive?

Quiet a few people dropped it after 1 episode or episode 3 due to "fan service" and "not being funny" though eventually people who stuck with it or came back around in the later half of S1 or any of S2 had a pretty positive opinion on it. Really most people like CWarrior clearly got a bad first impression and let that cloud their judgement of the show

Crocodile

I dunno why people give Cwarrior the time of day (at least when it comes to cartoons). Dude is a curmudgeon incarnate. I think literally the only thing I've ever seen him praise that wasn't One Piece in weeks has been Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (WHICH YOU ALL SHOULD BE WATCHING BTW) but I attribute that more to "broken clock is right twice a day" than high standards :p

If anything Space Dandy was too harshly criticized for not being Cowboy Bebop 2.0 until the zombie episode dropped.

I called this would happen months before the show aired and I was still disappointed I was proven right :/

Gorillaz

I would say episode 3 and 6 definitely put people off. Along with the random fanservice.

I agree with episode 7 being the first one to start the streak of good episodes

Soulflarz

Banned

I didnt watch too much of it but it wasnt bad at all for what I saw....? This opinion seems a /bit/ extreme.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't even get why people were expecting it to be Cowboy Bebop 2.0. I think it was clear that Space Dandy was gonna be more on comedy (though they did surprise us with a good amount of serious moments), which Cowboy Bebop, outside of a few small moments, wasn't focused on comedy at the slightest.

Just because both took place in space doesn't automatically mean they were gonna be similar. This is like assuming Samurai Champloo was gonna be Cowboy Bebop: Feudal Japan Version because there was two guys & a girl traveling around different places looking for someone, JUST LIKE SPIKE, JET, & FAYE!

daveo42

Banned

Not sure why they expected that based on all of the preview info we had.

Quiet a few people dropped it after 1 episode or episode 3 due to "fan service" and "not being funny" though eventually people who stuck with it or came back around in the later half of S1 or any of S2 had a pretty positive opinion on it. Really most people like CWarrior clearly got a bad first impression and let that cloud their judgement of the show

I could see why if they came in expecting the 2nd coming of Bebop, even though it was never meant to be.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

iqsvNHLPgZEcQ.gif

Damn I have no time to play Persona 3 FES, watch new anime, and catch up on InuYasha for Final Act. Gonna need Mike Meyers I'm just gonna read the manga from where I was
Sango and Miroku confessing their feelings for each other after freeing the village of possessed women
to where final act beings as that'll be the fastest method that doesn't lead me to pounding down 30 episodes of InuYasha in 12 days.

LOLDSFAN

10430424_10154766693885082_2652185512457458847_n.jpg

Shinichi Kudo, Ran Mouri, Lum, Monkey D. Luffy, and Doraemon all attend Kagome's school.

Lol yeah I saw that bit. Luffy was the only one I recognized and I thought it was weird seeing him since I associate One Piece as a newer anime even though it's really old.

Raxus

Dandy top tens? Everyone already knows my opinion of it minus where the finale lands in that.

Still it has been a while in an anime that have thoroughly enjoyed nearly every episode. Hell even War of the Undies has one of my favorite moments in the series.

Cwarrior

Toonami-fans supporting Toonami interests.

I kid I kid /jk

Do you find joy in anything? Like at all? Because you seem to hate absolutely everything.

Am not going to lie, I was a huge fan of shinichiro watanabe but his last 3 shows have been a big dissapointment(kids on slope was shit,terror in resonance was extra shit and space dandy was mediocre to average), it's clear to me his finished.

Am a realist, I say it how it is even if I don't want to believe it myself.

If you want to know what I like then watch Parasyte or Shingeki Bahamut(more dandy than dandy).

other animes I like including scores

Hunter x Hunter 2011 - 10/10
Hunter x Hunter 1999 - 10/10
Hajime no ippo 10/10
One piece 10/10
Pom poko 10/10
berserk 9/10
yu yu hakusho 8.5/10
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood 8.5/10
dragon ball & z 8.5/10 ( I see the whole serise as one)
Gungrave 8.3/10
Mushishi 8/10
Death note 8/10
claymore 8/10
Steins gate 8/10
Planetes 8/10(the manga so much better)
Samurai champloo 8/10
cowboy bebop 7.8/10

You're crazy if you think Space Dandy as a whole isn't a great series, yes it had a few awkward episodes but it had far more massive hits then misses. Saying season 1 is a 4.5 / 10 is a complete joke when more then half of season 1's episodes are amazing. There are only 3 bad ones (1, 3, and 6) and the rest are at least good, and even the bad ones have scenes that are so beautifully animated it almost makes up for them (alien hunting on the strange planet in episode 1, giant robot vs monster fight epiosde 3, and surfing the destroyed planet episode 6).

Space Dandy is great because its great, Terror in Resonance is a show nobody would have given a fuck about if Wantabe's name hadn't been attached to it. Wantabe's name on space dandy let them have a bigger budget and let them experiment more which while it could be hit or miss it was still a crazy ride to sit though.

Edit: Just saw cowboy bebop 7.8/10 lol

Cwarrior

What's wrong with 7.8 it's a great score? the only reason I give it a 7.8 is cowboy bebop lacks any episode that blew me away it was mostly good to great.

If you ask me pom poko is the greatest anime movie of all time and the only one good enough to mention next to anime tv serise( fyi I hate the anime movie medium).

You're crazy if you think Space Dandy as a whole isn't a great series, yes it had a few awkward episodes but it had far more massive hits then misses. Saying season 1 is a 4.5 / 10 is a complete joke when more then half of season 1's episodes are amazing. There are only 3 bad ones (1, 3, and 6) and the rest are at least good, and even the bad ones have scenes that are so beautifully animated it almost makes up for them (alien hunting on the strange planet in episode 1, giant robot vs monster fight epiosde 3, and surfing the destroyed planet episode 6).

Space Dandy is great because its great, Terror in Resonance is a show nobody would have given a fuck about if Wantabe's name hadn't been attached to it. Wantabe's name on space dandy let them have a bigger budget and let them experiment more which while it could be hit or miss it was still a crazy ride to sit though.

Edit: Just saw cowboy bebop 7.8/10 lol

Lol if you told me season 2 space dandy was great fair enough but season 1 lol nah my man.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pom Poko of all things? Odd to see that come up!
I remember watching that with a group of friends when we did a Miyazaki movie night. We were mainly bored & just in shock that the movie kept GOING and lasted so long (it's just barely over 2 hours long, but damn did it feel longer).

I'd have to say it's probably one of my least favorite Studio Ghibli films.

What's wrong with 7.8 it's a great score? the only reason I give it a 7.8 is cowboy bebop lacks any episode that blew me away it was mostly good to great.

Lol if you told me season 2 space dandy was great fair enough but season 1 lol nah my man.

Besides for episodes 1, 3, and 6 what episodes of season 1 did you find to be worse then good. I can get the pooch planet episode as being something people would find mediocre, but thats really the only one.

Also "there were no episodes of cowboy bebop that blew me away" lol what?

Seda

Whenever somebody posts a somewhat contrary opinion (or otherwise against the grain), my first response might be to get a bit defensive, but then I remind myself that I have several non-popular opinions of my own.

I've been a lone dissenter in the past. I've remained seated when the rest of the audience stands to applaud.

It's really no big deal. Although it's best to be polite about it, else you are probably asking for a confrontation.

Cwarrior

Besides for episodes 1, 3, and 6 what episodes of season 1 did you find to be worse then good. I can get the pooch planet episode as being something people would find mediocre, but thats really the only one.

Also "there were no episodes of cowboy bebop that blew me away" lol what?

It's worring you faild to mention probably the most uninspiring episode of dandy, I thought the pooch episode was arlight.

Episode 5 any one who likes episode 5 please throw yourself in a fire your the reason why people can get away making such uninspired animu rubbish like that.

Squishy3

It's worring you faild to mention probably the most uninspiring episode of dandy, I thought the pooch episode was arlight.

Episode 5 any one who likes episode 5 please throw yourself in a fire.
I'm not going to go throw myself in a fire because we have different tastes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know, telling someone they should do something that would cause them death because they might like an episode of a cartoon series that you don't seems........extreme.

Cwarrior

Yeah, that's not the best way to go about it.

lol poor timing I apologise if am being too much of a jerk I only mean it in tongue-in-cheek way joke (don't acutally do it) but I feel really strongly about what certain product represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom