• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A cute girl wearing a Blue Exorcist T-shirt was just in my office

What's my next step?

Serious post: Ask her if she watches blue exorcist and what she thinks of it. From there play it by ear and if you want to talk more then ask if you want to hang out on the weekend.

daveo42

Banned
why is there a cat and why does he wear clothes and why does he talk like that

MMO

Final Fantasy XI said:
ffxi__elita_the_mithra_by_beamer.jpg

...and he's into roleplay.

Soulflarz

Banned
*skims* Okay you guys are weird as every but
If you dont have a friend whos a girl who watches anime, show anime to your girl friends? Worked for me >.>

Someone edit my profile picture too :3

And lastly ^what the heck

daveo42

Banned
*skims* Okay you guys are weird as every but
If you dont have a friend whos a girl who watches anime, show anime to your girl friends? Worked for me >.>

Someone edit my profile picture too :3

And lastly ^what the heck

When you get older, you find that a good deal of your female friends are married with kids.

As for the above, here's the wiki. Having a variety of races to choose from in an MMO (or even plenty of other games like TES) is nice and one of them ends up being cat folk. In this case, the Mithra from FFXI.

Soulflarz

Banned
When you get older, you find that a good deal of your female friends are married with kids.

As for the above, here's the wiki. Having a variety of races to choose from in an MMO (or even plenty of other games like TES) is nice and one of them ends up being cat folk. In this case, the Mithra from FFXI.

Wait married/kids=no anime? Welp

Raxus

why is there a cat and why does he wear clothes and why does he talk like that

The people wake up one day and realize they can no longer log out of their MMO and an event has occurred that changed the world. They can still respawn and play the game like normal but the repercussions or why they are stuck in the MMO is unknown. It is actually a decent series.

The cat is one of the races that is playable.

The people wake up one day and realize they can no longer log out of their MMO and an event has occurred that changed the world. They can still respawn and play the game like normal but the repercussions or why they are stuck in the MMO is unknown. It is actually a decent series.

The cat is one of the races that is playable.

I feel you should clarify that Log Horizon the game wasn't a vrmmo like SAO or ALO were, it was a traditional wow/everquest keyboard and mouse game that the players woke up inside one day for unknown reasons

HAHAHA Oh my god that cat voice is hilarious

My reaction "well Serara sounds pretty good what's the pro...wait was that...OH MY GOD IT IS LOL fucking Sentai plz"

Crocodile

Wow. It is worse then I ever imagined.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh my god is that seriously the voice they went for the cat?!

Oh Sentai, you & your dubs sometimes.

I don't really have a problem with what I'm hearing. Then again I never thought Log Horizon was all that like others did so perhaps I'll never be able to understand the greatness that is lost in translation with the replacement of the purity of Japanese with baka gajin filth like English

I'm not entirely serious :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks the well-wishes guys! I'll edit my Avatar to be totally clear on which side of premieres I support...
FINAL ACT of course, DBZ is just easier to Mod for, haha.

Can't listen to that Log Horizon Dub just yet, but... The impressions here have me looking forward to the horror, heh. Definitely used to the JP voices for the show...

Soo Log Horizon...is...good? Orr no. All I know is the DATABASE DATABASE LIVING IN A DATABASE song.

Log Horizon is very, very good by far the best story about people trapped in an MMO. Can't recommend it enough was one of the top 5 anime that aired last year. I wish I could post a clip of Nyanta's Japanese voice so people who haven't seen the sub have a point of reference but all I can find are full episodes on youtube -.-

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HAHAHA Oh my god that cat voice is hilarious

My reaction "well Serara sounds pretty good what's the pro...wait was that...OH MY GOD IT IS LOL fucking Sentai plz"
It's not even like the voice nor the acting is bad. It's just jarring to hear THAT coming out of a skinny, human cat character.

It seems the VA is Jovan Jackson. He hasn't done a ton of stuff, but you can tell some of his stuff involved gruffer-looking guys, which kind of makes sense given the tone of his voice.

Crocodile

Oh and happy B-day to those who recently had, do have, or will have birthdays! :)

Log Horizon is very, very good by far the best story about people trapped in an MMO. Can't recommend it enough was one of the top 5 anime that aired last year. I wish I could post a clip of Nyanta's Japanese voice so people who haven't seen the sub have a point of reference but all I can find are full episodes on youtube -.-

The full, original series is up on Crunchyroll so finding it is a non-issue. The dub clip is from Episode 3 starting around 7:30 minutes in.

daveo42

Banned
Wait married/kids=no anime? Welp

Well, I took it as girlfriend not friend who is also female. Then again, I don't know many women my age who watch a lot of anime.

Soo Log Horizon...is...good? Orr no. All I know is the DATABASE DATABASE LIVING IN A DATABASE song.

Log Horizon is the best Trapped in an MMO anime currently available. A lot of the actions and character developments are believable and seem to carry some weight for the players trapped. The level of detail from the author (who actually knows and plays MMOs) and the great world building make the narrative that much stronger. The last bit is how Log Horizon takes and deconstructs basic concepts and ideas within the game world, turning them on their head in some pretty unique and interesting ways.

I'd say it's a much watch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*looks up original scene*
Yeaaaah, the dub really got that wrong.

I'm sure Jovan Jackson is fine voice actor, but this was a major miscast.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, I took it as girlfriend not friend who is also female. Then again, I don't know many women my age who watch a lot of anime.

Log Horizon is the best Trapped in an MMO anime currently available. A lot of the actions and character developments are believable and seem to carry some weight for the players trapped. The level of detail from the author (who actually knows and plays MMOs) and the great world building make the narrative that much stronger. The last bit is how Log Horizon takes and deconstructs basic concepts and ideas within the game world, turning them on their head in some pretty unique and interesting ways.

I'd say it's a much watch.

Yeah, about that whole girlfriend thing...

And is it better than SAO? I found SAO to be one of the best animes in years, if not the best anime of all time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Japanese Nyanta: Sophisticated older gentleman
English Nyanta: Pimp
Yup, was trying to remember if JPN VA was going for a more sophisticated voice. The Cat Returns is a great example of a cat character having an English VA sound sophisticated and fitting the role. But this just completely missed the point.

daveo42

Banned
Why are there 2 in VIRGINIA of all places

It seems they are only showing this in Alamo Drafthouses, which are fairly rare theater chain to being with and most are in TX. I'm not familiar with Carousel, but it's probably in a similar vein as Alamo Drafthouse.

It sucks, but at least they are offering a very limited release of the last two. The rest of us will just don't have the luxury to see it in theaters for free.

Jump can literally survive on One Piece alone for the next decade. They also have Soma, Haikyuu, AssClass and Toriko to keep them afloat.

And where are the ratings at?!!!

Oh and happy B-day to those who recently had, do have, or will have birthdays! :)

The full, original series is up on Crunchyroll so finding it is a non-issue. The dub clip is from Episode 3 starting around 7:30 minutes in.

Oh I'm not worried about finding the whole series, I just wanted like a short 10-30 second clip so people who haven't seen the series and don't have a CR account and check out the Japanese version.

Shounen Jump be like "we will pay you literally anything to not leave us with nothing but One Piece."

Bleach still sells like 500k a volume last I saw regardless of how poorly it does in the weekly ratings.

daveo42

Banned
Jump can literally survive on One Piece alone for the next decade. They also have Soma, Haikyuu, AssClass and Toriko to keep them afloat.

And where are the ratings at?!!!

Yeah, they'd be in more trouble if One Piece was also wrapping up. They'll be okay with the most popular manga since Dragon Ball.

As for ratings, we're getting iced this week due to the cold.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder how much the ratings will go up once Dish (HOPEFULLY) works that deal with Turner out & CN's back.

Seda

some of the rating and I'm too lazy to reformat (from tvbythenumbers)

BLACK DYNAMITE ADSM 10:30 PM 951 0.4
Family Guy ADSM 11:00 PM 1382 0.6
ATTACK ON TITAN ADSM 11:30 PM 1285 0.5
BLEACH ADSM 12:00 AM 994 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 12:30 AM 890 0.3

Soulflarz

Banned
some of the rating and I'm too lazy to reformat (from tvbythenumbers)

BLACK DYNAMITE ADSM 10:30 PM 951 0.4
Family Guy ADSM 11:00 PM 1382 0.6
ATTACK ON TITAN ADSM 11:30 PM 1285 0.5
BLEACH ADSM 12:00 AM 994 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 12:30 AM 890 0.3

I still have no clue what these mean. I'm going to presume its...people by 100k, percent of total amount watching toonami vs tv in general?

Someone needs to SSJ my Gief.

i'll need a link for this one

If someone SSJ's my avatar I'll do it when I get home

t4S2diQ.png

gQNxrq8.png

make Mark Henry a super saiyan and I might change my avatar if it's hilarious enough

3f0PYzv.png

make me SSJ and I'll use it this week for the Kai premiere.

Also, we now need Log Horizon on Toonami because the dub is fucking hilarious.

9qjBZZq.png

(i kinda wish i could've made super saiyan 3 hair for most of these but my skills with image shit is awful; i just found a transparent image with the super saiyan hair

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically, AoT had 1,285,000 viewers, Bleach dropped to 994,000, & then Naruto Shippuden had 890,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom