• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FpzqsEw.gif

Remember how everyone (myself included) was making fun of Sango for not being very effective in fights....

...and then she nearly killed Naraku in one shot?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember how everyone (myself included) was making fun of Sango for not being very effective in fights....

...and then she nearly killed Naraku in one shot?

That was fucking hilarious. People were shittalking her while the attack was inbound and then freaking the fuck out once it hit and did real damage :lol

LOL, What the fuck, did Hiraikotsu seriously cut Naraku in half?

Well it got powered up nearly breaking....or something...

...I wasn't clear on how that increase in power worked to be honest.

I did appreciate how they completely removed Koga from the final fight. He got his shit pushed in, and then was promptly ejected from the plot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At the end of Inuyasha Sango and LORD SESSHOMARU, through different methods, have weapons that shut down Naraku's demonic regeneration and can pierce his barriers and shit. That was literally the first time she used the weapon since it's upgrade, which was after it had been melted by demonic poison and reforged, which permeated the bone.

NERRRRRDDDDDD (DAMN YOU ZONIC!)

Now on a completely unrelated note...I was reflecting on The Clone Wars CG series.

So I've always been kind of mixed on Star Wars. I like it, but I've never loved it. It's something that I appreciate in small doses.

But like many people, I think General Grievous is the coolest thing ever. (I would buy Star Wars Battlefront if they put Grievous in it.)

Which is why Massacre is my favorite episode. Yes I know he loses his duel...but then he goes on to kill hundreds of Nightsisters.

giphy.gif

Yeah but a bunch of Jar Jars beat him a couple episodes before that.

Now if we're talking the Grevious from the first Clone Wars....

grievous-o.gif

I'll never forgive George Lucas for that ROTS character assassination.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Inuyasha was a pretty bad show guys
The original was so slow/tedious, & Final Act was freakin' fast.

I think Miroku was the only reason why I kept watching because....well, as a teen who just understood the appeal of girls, I could relate to him the most.

Line_HTX

At the end of Inuyasha Sango and LORD SESSHOMARU, through different methods, have weapons that shut down Naraku's demonic regeneration and can pierce his barriers and shit. That was literally the first time she used the weapon since it's upgrade, which was after it had been melted by demonic poison and reforged, which permeated the bone.

Ahh, that actually makes perfect sense now that I think about it...

It sounds ridiculous, but then again, Inuyasha wasn't a show that had characters that did stuff that was obvious they should've done so and so but instead had to make the characters go the long way around.

Inuyasha wasn't a bad show. I kind of liked it for what it is. Can't believe I watched it all through high school though...

I don't know. I feel like Inuyasha was reasonable solid, save for some really bad fillers.

It was never astounding in terms of production or story, but I never expected it to be. I will admit there were parts of the Final Act that I didn't care for, but I still like the show.

Crocodile

I would find it attractive if it wasnt Ryuko

if it was Mako, id be all over dat shit

LOL, look at this poser, pretending he doesn't find that cosplayer cute. Who are you trying to fool?

On a side note, I will say that KLK seems to have a LOT more female fans than I would have expected. I think I have a good understanding of why but its still somewhat interesting.

I dunno, I'm looking at this game packaging and I don't think I'm sold. Maybe if "Dante from eh Devil May Cry Series" was in it :p

Line_HTX

I don't know. I feel like Inuyasha was reasonable solid, save for some really bad fillers.

It was never astounding in terms of production or story, but I never expected it to be. I will admit there were parts of the Final Act that I didn't care for, but I still like the show.

I actually enjoyed most of the filler episodes. Unlike filler arcs in Bleach, Inuyasha fillers strangely seemed appropriate and fitting and flowed well before going back into the thick of things. I felt like the fillers took the time to showcase the characters more than during canon, if that makes any sense.

I actually enjoyed most of the filler episodes. Unlike filler arcs in Bleach, Inuyasha fillers strangely seemed appropriate and fitting and flowed well before going back into the thick of things. I felt like the fillers took the time to showcase the characters more than during canon, if that makes any sense.

There were some good fillers to be sure.

I think a lot of the rather funny episodes set in the modern time were filler.

Jar Jar: Meesa whoop some 'o that ass!

WHO WANTS TO RELIVE THE PAIN WITH ME!?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Even the filler was fairly solid. The issue with Final Act will always be the pacing. It was just way too fast, they were blowing through entire volumes in a single episode near the beginning.

LOL, look at this poser, pretending he doesn't find that cosplayer cute. Who are you trying to fool?

She's definitely super cute.

Pretty sure all the modern era episodes were cannon.

Line_HTX

For sure. The only filler eps I didn't like were the ones before the start of the Band of Seven arc. IIRC that had the episode that was Sora focused. I sat there and I was like, this is a complete waste of time, Adult Swim. I don't know how I sat through that stupid episode.

Hm, all or a lot of the modern world stuff was canon? Good. That means the best part of the series really was the best part of the series.

Also, didn't they replace ALL of the voice actors in the new Digimon?

Nothing really shows love and affections for a long running series quite like completely ignoring the people who made the series great before.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hm, all or a lot of the modern world stuff was canon? Good. That means the best part of the series really was the best part of the series.

Yep, Takahashi should have done more of them. She really nailed the dynamic and it felt like a waste that we never got more.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Also, didn't they replace ALL of the voice actors in the new Digimon?

Nothing really shows love and affections for a long running series quite like completely ignoring the people who made the series great before.

Kuwabara is that you?

I still have no idea how we never got some Naraku in the modern era thing. Like, even as a movie or something.

Also, they should go back and dub that Yu-Gi-Oh season where he goes around murdering people that look at him the wrong way by setting them on fire.

Regiruler

I still have no idea how we never got some Naraku in the modern era thing. Like, even as a movie or something.

Also, they should go back and dub that Yu-Gi-Oh season where he goes around murdering people that look at him the wrong way by setting them on fire.
1. How is that not a thing? I feel like the pokemon movies have tried to pull something similar multiple times now.
2. Good luck getting anyone to officially acknowledge the original original series exists.

3. I love One Punch Man

Speaking of yugioh, Dark Side of Dimensions should be legitimately good given that Takahashi is writing it.
Fv6sdgA.gif

Your optimism is amusing.

Eh. They would all just conveniently get sent to the Shadow Realm.

Line_HTX

That would have been way too real.

It would open up a brand new set of circumstances, a brand new arc, everything if she attempted to bring Naraku into the modern world. It would be too much, drag on way too long than it already has as is her nature of writing, and it would end up close or over 400 episodes. I definitely am glad she didn't go in that direction. I can't watch anything for that long, and the original DBZ was near my limit. Actually, it was more along the lines of Bleach, but I skipped a lot of episodes though and I'm already dreading what the "Final Arc" is going to be like animated.

Jarate

Banned

On a side note, I will say that KLK seems to have a LOT more female fans than I would have expected. I think I have a good understanding of why but its still somewhat interesting.

I dunno, I'm looking at this game packaging and I don't think I'm sold. Maybe if "Dante from eh Devil May Cry Series" was in it :p

She's cute as hell but picked the worst girl to cosplay as

Seda

Well, one of the reasons Valkyria Chronicles is amazing is its unique style of strategy gameplay.

I'm certainly interested in the new one, but I want to see some combat.

The anime thread told me the two seasons of Digimon Adventure

First season holds up pretty well. Second season was ok when it initially came out but it's aged horribly and is the worst season (not counting Xros Wars because I haven't seen much of it). Also the ending is god awful. Like Legacy of the Void epilogue awful. I would personally rank them Tamers > Savers > Adventure (Savers and Adventure are close) > Frontier > 02.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So there are times, wait for it, where I can be a cynical asshole.

And I was pretty cynical when I heard Sega was planning to do something with the Valkyria Chronicles series.

But low and behold, the images we have for it look kind of amazing...

Dammit Sega. It looks like you might be doing the right thing.

You asshole.
WOW, does that look nice. Hopefully the gameplay will be just as good.

I finally bought VC earlier this year since I enjoyed VC2 on PSP (& playing on Vita helped with some of the control issues), but with the remaster, I might just have to get that, especially since I'll want some games for my PS4 when I (hopefully) buy one next week.

Raxus

First season holds up pretty well. Second season was ok when it initially came out but it's aged horribly and is the worst season (not counting Xros Wars because I haven't seen much of it). Also the ending is god awful. Like Legacy of the Void epilogue awful. I would personally rank them Tamers > Savers > Adventure (Savers and Adventure are close) > Frontier > 02.

I need to check out savers. Xros Wars is great (if you ignore the ear piercingly bad dub) especially when you realize it is Digimon Sentai.

Plus the inexplicable amount of boobs in a kids show. (somewhat NSFW)

Top Bottom