• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've been thinking that the creation of Intruder 2 felt like a nice way for Toonami to introduce more original, home-grown content. SamJACK pt/2 fits this notion perfectly! It's good to see Toonami used as more than a way to get Anime onto TV, but also as a home for shows that don't seem to be able to find a home in the modern circulation of western animated television.

Seeing JACK return is just wonderful, though I'll miss MAKO. :-/ "Sweet Soldier Boy..."

I just heard the news! LEGENDARY!!

I'm so fucking excited and I'm so happy that Genndy gets a chance to conclude the Samurai Jack story.

Toonami in 2016 is gonna be RIDICULOUS!

Cx0gZAX.jpg

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-r...ominates-prime-time-with-notre-dame-stanford/

Of note, the 11:30 Family Guy had a little over 2 million total viewers, which usually gives Toonami a nice boost for the night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, Parasyte did rather well. No surprise at the huge drop since some people watched for Intruder, but I wonder if the fact they started right at episode 1 might've helped, for some who might not have seen it before, but wanted to give it a try now.

Oh man, either Parasyte is a bigger pull than I though, or Intruder II really has its hooks into people.

I think both are true, outside of neogaf Parasyte 2014 is incredibly popular it ranked in many top 5 anime of the year (was also top 10 on gaf but was the last to get in). At the same time the toonami faithful are clearly very interested in the intruder 2 and once your already here look how many people even in this thread said "intruder 2 and out" but stayed for several more episodes.

With our emotions out of the way: how are they going to do Aku without him? Just get a sound-alike? New presentation for the antagonist?

Greg Baldwin replaced Mako on Avatar after his passing so they could get him to do a sound alike or get another actor to play the role.

Crocodile

Brand new Samurai Jack is legit 11:30 shit.

Agreed. Though I wonder if they would be hesitant to mess with DBZ Kai as the headliner given how well it does. I'd also imagine that even Family Guy reruns probably beat BRAND NEW EPISODES OF SAMURAI JACK!!!! :/ :(

Right.

Also here are last year's Thanksgiving weekend numbers, just because:

Was AoT in reruns at this point?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Parasyte is now one of the most successful shows in the history of Adult Swim Toonami.
Sentai to use this as an excuse to get more of their shows on the air. Soon, the block will be consumed by Sentai.

Watch as M&H's replacement will be a Sentai show.

I think we're gonna get 11:30 at least temporarily; I imagine the production schedule of Jack isn't gonna line up neatly with the block's lineup and it won't be able to just replace a recently finished anime. Whether they bump Kai up to 11:30 or put Jack there is the question, I'd say.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kai seems like it's ALWAYS going to be the first show on the block considering the nostalgia/popularity.

I coouulldd see them starting at 11:30 or perhaps expand the block while having the repeat show start at 3:30, ending at 4 a.m.

Raxus

Kai seems like it's ALWAYS going to be the first show on the block considering the nostalgia/popularity.

I coouulldd see them starting at 11:30 or perhaps expand the block while having the repeat show start at 3:30, ending at 4 a.m.

Keep in mind Jack will be in production for around a year. It could easily squeeze in when the anime that replaces M&H ends/later in the year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if this means that Samurai Jack will take over the rerun slot eventually to help hype the new series/have people discover the original to prepare for the new episodes.

Grexeno

I wonder if this means that Samurai Jack will take over the rerun slot eventually to help hype the new series/have people discover the original to prepare for the new episodes.
If we're considering the rerun slot to be the "this show cost a whole lot so let's get another free run out of it" slot, I think Samurai Jack is a good candidate.

Top Bottom