• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Soulflarz

Banned
Steins;Gate was great but I don't need more of it. I feel like they're gonna mess up a good thing by constantly going back to it because it's popular.

Kind of my view tbh
I adore Steins;Gate, just like I...
I'll use persona 4 as the example

Those extra stories aren't really worth your time. You play them trying to get that great satisfaction that 4 gave you, but lets be honest, arena doesn't even touch that, it's just the same faces without any of the same impact.

Line_HTX

I liked them better in ultimax than 4.

It could also be that I think ultimax is a better game than p4

Indeed. Ultimax is better than 4, at least with character interaction. Plus I like things that are set after the events in 4 anyway. Maybe I like continuations of sone kind.

Don't know about Dancing All Night since I don't have a Vita, but I'd imagine the narrative is more or less the same as Ultimax.

But who the fuck cares, I only like Ultimax because of matchups and character capabilities and what can I do to kill the opponent. I don't play FG's for the story. I want to beat your ass so bad it hurts!

Mwa-hahahahaha

Soulflarz

Banned
You're all crazy

Ultimax has a trash story and rides off the fanservice of everyone loving the cast already and the fact they're best friends already, there's no notable development in there, except for the P3 cast.

And Dancing? Dancing has an offensive story mode, I found SAO less annoying.

Ultimax is okay. Dancing is probably the worst story mode I've done in a long time.

Line_HTX

At this point, I don't even care for the story. I only care about what the characters can do during a match.

Tekken has a stupid story, but all I do is see what Lili can do in these situations and just learn the character's potential.

I wasn't talking about the story. The story/characters are equally garbage in 4 and its spin-offs, but between it and the spin-offs, 4 has arguably the worst gameplay of them.

Indeed. Ultimax is better than 4, at least with character interaction. Plus I like things that are set after the events in 4 anyway. Maybe I like continuations of sone kind.

Don't know about Dancing All Night since I don't have a Vita, but I'd imagine the narrative is more or less the same as Ultimax.

But who the fuck cares, I only like Ultimax because of matchups and character capabilities and what can I do to kill the opponent. I don't play FG's for the story. I want to beat your ass so bad it hurts!

Mwa-hahahahaha

I just love the actual fighting. Its super fun and the P3 characters got awesome redesigns/sprites, unlike the P4G redesigns.

Ultimax day one with friends is the most fun I've had with a persona title and man high level persona play is some insane shit.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ultimax day one with friends is the most fun I've had with a persona title.

Well

This goes back to "revengeance plays the best of all the metal gears!"

Yes, but it does so at the sacrifice of the story and all the stuff that made Metal Gear the beloved series it is, and as such, I don't think outsourced side projects really should count as "this is the best persona".

Just my two cents. Yes, it's persona, but not really in the traditional sense?

Fighting is way better than story.

*Brofists LaFarebear

I knew you were good people Line

tumblr_nc70oj3kQm1qj957oo2_1280.gif

Well

Yes, but it does so at the sacrifice of the story and all the stuff that made Metal Gear the beloved series it is, and as such, I don't think outsourced side projects really should count as "this is the best persona".

I've never believed in that kind of thinking. It still has the title "persona" in it and persona itself is a spinoff in the megaten franchise, yet people will still tell you that that Persona 1/2/3/4 are their favorite Megaten games. This shouldn't be any different.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've never believed in that kind of thinking. It still has the title "persona" in it and persona itself is a spinoff of the megaten franchise, yet people will still tell you that that Persona 1/2/3/4 are their favorite Megaten games. This shouldn't be any different.

Yes, but in the case where you have filler story based around the fact someone wanted to make another game, it's quite different.

giphy.gif

Persona is for nerds.

Huge sweaty nerds.

Who like a reasonably strong story and characters mixed with an enjoyable rpg game.

You nerds.

Line_HTX

Well

I like to think it counts too because technically it's canon.

:p

Yes, but in the case where you have filler story based around the fact someone wanted to make another game, it's quite different.

I'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with that. Like I have no problem with people saying that Revengeance is their favorite Metal Gear, I don't think there's a problem with Persona 4 Ultimax being their favorite Persona game.

The 2 dualogy is my favorite anyway, but I far prefer Ultimax to any other persona game and rate it higher. Nothing weird about that.

And its not filler, everything in that universe is canon. Hell, P4G references Arena itself.

This is missing the part where there is a Kuzunoha detective agency in Devil Summoner and Persona 2 and Chie mentioning Raidou in persona 4 and Raidou Kuzunoha being some comic book in p3 and p4

also needs SMT IV -> Final and Genei Ibunroku on there now

and where the fuck is DemiKids and Last Bible

Seda

SMTIVF doesn't even seem to cleanly come off any singular ending of SMTIV.

The new part of DeSu 2 in Record Breaker was similar.

Crocodile

Indivisible getting funded gives me life :)

Are people still interested in helping chip in for a VA message or should I just stop barking up that tree?

Fair enough, & Eva was more about exploring the flaws of our characters, which FD doesn't really do & is more "LOOK HOW INSANE EVERYONE IS, DID WE MENTION THEIR SCREWED UP BACKSTORIES?!"

I guess I just feel more sorry for Yuki because some of the crap that happens to him feels more...I guess "relatable" is the word that comes to mind (though going into WHAT exactly is spoilers), and sometimes gets over it, where as Shinji has 3 girls wanting him & he gets to pilot a giant-ass robot to destroy monsters. Though his reaction after the battle with the other Eva with his friend inside (be the TV or 2.22 version) is perfectly reasonable, which goes with your "better explored & written character."

You still make a very valid point, though, & I totally can see why someone would prefer Shinji, since his character was MEANT to be analyzed due to the structure of the anime. I'd say I fully agree with you about Shinji being better written, which again goes with the fact Eva was meant to be analyzed. My preference was just more "who would be less whiny/depressing to hang around?"

I dunno, I wouldn't consider either character to be particularly fun to hang out with. Also I never understood the line of reasoning of "Shinji has 3 girls that want him and a giant robot, why is he sad?" when all three of those women suffer from non-insignificant mental issues and the giant robot is a death machine made from his mom with the purpose of starting the apocalypse or whatever. It feels like a very superficial reading of the situation :p

Terra Formars reads like a fucking Wikipedia article. It's so dreadfully boring. It's the only comic I have ever read that included citations because when the fights are going on, it's typical of the series to explain some in depth evolutionary or biological trait of the animal the character got spliced with. Imagine the super in depth fights in JoJo, but instead of being in the same place as the character trying to figure out what the hell is even going on with this Stand, the narrator text bubbles just were telling you random fun facts about snails or animal balloons. That's how reading Terra Formars feels.

Maybe you should stop reading Terraformers? Just a thought?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, I tried the Indivisible demo out when I got my PS4 last week & rather liked it, especially when I discovered you could do freakin' combos with characters.

.......it also made me want to play Valkyria Profile in order to see its influences with the battle mechanics.

Also holy crap, a new Danganronpa anime confirmed. Pleeaaasseee don't let it be bad considering it's not an adaptation....though kind of wanted to see some DR2 moments animated as well...

New Samurai Jack episodes coming to Toonami next year.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/134404721928/welcome-back-jack

Adult Swim is excited to announce that JACK IS BACK. Creator and executive producer Genndy Tartakovsky continues the epic story of Samurai Jack with a new season of episodes that will premiere on Adult Swim’s Toonami block in 2016.

The new season is currently in production in Los Angeles at Cartoon Network Studios.

zSE5zcy.gif

EDIT: There's already a teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukqDEYW30c&feature=youtu.be

Line_HTX

Toonami is doing what Cartoon Network won't!

Of course, it is being made by Cartoon Network but semantics...

Also fuck yeah, Samurai Jack is fucking legit.

Top Bottom