• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's an extremely valid excuse for Unexpected Journey, which is by far the best of these three movies with the best (still poor) CGI.

BoFA came out TWO YEARS LATER.

Something like this needs to be planned out all at once. It needed to be treated as a single movie, not three different ones.

Oh! Misread it. The CGI was rushed because all that time was spent making the movie not completely suck from a story perspective.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
LotR trilogy used a lot more practical effects, cleverly integrating them with the CGI.
Hobbit trilogy abused the CGI to an insane degree. Like the part where it looked like Legolas was Mario.

CGI is a tool, not a crutch.

Hobbit trilogy abused the CGI to an insane degree. Like the part where it looked like Legolas was Mario.

404948_v1.gif

Line_HTX

So I was in the gym working out, and the The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was on.

Now, I know fans were largely disappointed with the movies, especially some of the unnecessary changes.

But I'm just sitting there wondering why the CGI looks so fucking bad.

It looks terrible. I remember the original movies having better CGI.

Peter Jackson admitted that there were major production problems and the were not fully prepared. You can see it on YouTube. It's jarring how much they were scrambling to get something to the deadline.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm getting my SE of XCX and the 2 wii games I ordered all on sunday, which is magical, all of which are RPGs, so I'm gonna be busy for a long ass time

Regiruler

LotR trilogy used a lot more practical effects, cleverly integrating them with the CGI.

CGI is a tool, not a crutch.

To be honest, I think all the notably bad portions were in 5 armies. The use of CGI in the prior two was much better.

Smaug in general was fantastic and that would have been impossible without CGI.
Oh, and Man God is right, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is hype as fuck.

Play it.

I don't trust people to give an honest opinion about wayforward platformers. I played Mighty Switch Force and it was completely unmemorable.

I've only watched the first Hobbit film, and man, how they used the extensive CGI just took me right out of it. Some of those sweeping "camera" shots in the mine (I think?) for example.

Had the same feeling during the climatic battle in Man of Steel. We're at a point where effects like that are probably the closest to what it would actually look like if two super-powered aliens fought on Earth - but it's like there's an uncanny valley of sorts that just rips me out of the film.

Thought my suspension of disbelief happily accepts it on DBZ. Go figure.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Flash drive is only about 800MB.

All the space is used by the 10 tracks.

Tracks can only be listened to via .exe program & no way of extracting them for MP3 player.

Can't even get the program to open if you copy/paste it from the flashdrive to another location.

Geez, no wonder Nintendo wouldn't say how big the flash drive was.

I will say, the art print is kind of nice. Need to get a 5"x7" frame so I can hang it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix usually has big updates every month (January is usually huge for stuff) but for Anime in December the only real interesting thing so far for US netflix is that Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works now has another batch of episodes+the dub. Other subbed shows like AoT, SAO II, Blue Exorcist remain sub only, as do the shows and movies that don't have a dub.

Interestingly enough both Blue Exorcist and SAO II list the dub cast though BE has been like this for months.

Jarate

Banned
I will not be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X because of this character

q9vRR6R.jpg

her face honestly scares the shit out of me

im playing Legend of Heroes Trails in The Sky cause ive heard such good things about SC

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*plays through Pirate Warriors 3*

Oh man, I forgot how satisfying the ending attack to Don Krieg was in One Piece. Think that was another reason why I enjoyed the series as a kid, because of the insane ways Luffy would use his body as a weapon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, XCX was worth the wait. Another gem for Wii U.

*plays through Pirate Warriors 3*

Oh man, I forgot how satisfying the ending attack to Don Krieg was in One Piece. Think that was another reason why I enjoyed the series as a kid, because of the insane ways Luffy would use his body as a weapon.

Word of warning about Pirate Warriors 3.
Unlike PW2, it goes through the canon story, only skipping a few arcs (Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Davy Back Fight, and
Amazon Lily
) so there will be major spoilers following the "Escape Water 7" level (yes, that got its own level)

Moaradin

I'll play Xenoblade eventually. I have such a big backlog of Wii U games to play first. Still need to play the wii Xenoblade too...

bigkrev

Tied with Advent Children for most boring movie with an impossible amount of shit going on at all times.

And to think they made an EXTENDED version of that movie!

Tracks can only be listened to via .exe program & no way of extracting them for MP3 player.

Can't even get the program to open if you copy/paste it from the flashdrive to another location.

I will say, the art print is kind of nice. Need to get a 5"x7" frame so I can hang it.

Now I'm really glad I got the normal version!
Looking forward to never actually playing the game

Regiruler

When I get mine I'll try to dig through the files. I'll see what I can do, but I'm not terribly experienced so I can't guarantee anything.
tumblr_nyqtf9CHF61su92ixo1_500.jpg

following sentai on tumblr was the greatest decision of my life
Splatoon manga is looking good

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's not what we wanted, Sentai Claus.

......I will quote this if the M&H replacement is another Sentai show.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys I should be able to watch Toonami with you all at some point!

I lucklily am not really interested in Parasyte or Akame, so I'm only peeved that I've been missing DBZ, as I've never seen Kai

Top Bottom