• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

i forgot there are marathons the next few weeks so im guesing we wont be getting a replacement show anouncement today. would be cool if they fit in a teaser like that one they did for attack on titan a while back. i remember it aired during adult swim, it was like a 10 or 15 second clip of the collossal titan looking over the wall.

but heres hoping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOUxS9eqxuA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FUN ONE PIECE FACT: There's what amounts to a holy war on Youtube about whether or not to count We are! Strawhats version as the one, true, seventh opening to the show. It's obvious what side I am on, the side of true justice.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Earth's dragon balls are assembled once again an King Kai has a plan to put Shenron to work, Night Raid throws down with Bols and Kurome, things are still icy between Shinichi and Murano while one of Shinichi's other friends tries to solve the riddle of Hideo Shimata, the journey finally comes to an end as Hatchin comes face to face with the man at the center of it all, Naruto continues training while Sasuke takes on a bunch of Sound ninja because why not, the longest filler arc in One Piece has finally arrived as the Thousand Sunny stumbles into a frigid trap, and Ryuko throws down with Gamagoori.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 50 - Full Power Frieza! Shenron, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 16 - Kill the Dolls
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 9 - Beyond Good and Evil
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 22 - Run As You Are - END
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 92 - Encounter
2:30 - One Piece - 326 - The Mysterious Band of Pirates! Sunny and the Dangerous Trap!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 9 - A Once in a Lifetime Chance

Whatever is replacing M&H has to be a smaller/cheaper funimation show since its being announced so close to air date without any fanfare and it's likely to premier at 1:30pm. AgK and Parasyte and the whole Sentai hour has established itself really well so I don't see it moving until AgK ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This plan of King Kai's is on the same level of Brotherhood's bullshit ending.

This one I kinda like though, unlike Brotherhood.

Line_HTX

So, I haven't watched much of Michiko this whole time except for the marathon, but I feel like I haven't missed much.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the show and the OST and the setting, it's just that I felt like it was one big chase with some episodic things in between. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just pointing out that it was kind of simple and easy to follow.

So anything I need to know from the penultimate episode before the finale?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So, I haven't watched much of Michiko this whole time except for the marathon, but I feel like I haven't missed much.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the show and the OST and the setting, it's just that I felt like it was one big chase with some episodic things in between. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just pointing out that it was kind of simple and easy to follow.

So anything I need to know from the penultimate episode before the finale?

Satoshi got iced by a local crime boss and his goons. Hatchin saw someone who seemed to be Hiroshi, but he took off before she could do anything about it. Michiko and Hatchin reunited, and the episode ended with that guy who seems to be Hiroshi at a train station.

Line_HTX

Finally got owned. He got his just desserts at last.

Hope this finale rocks.

Come... as you are, as you were...

Now onto more important matters at hand:

KILL THE DOLLS!

Now taking bets on if Michiko dies in the last episode of M&H

I think they're gonna part ways awkwardly.

Then Michiko is gonna be driving her bike and she's gonna see the back of Hatchin's head in the distance and she runs up and embraces her again.

Then Michiko whispers something in Hatchin's ear that we can't hear before saying goodbye again and driving off.

Then "Just Like Honey" plays over the ending credits.

Line_HTX

BonyMarriedElephantseal.gif

GET READY FOR THE NEXT TOONAMI

Tonight on Toonami, Earth's dragon balls are assembled once again an King Kai has a plan to put Shenron to work, Night Raid throws down with Bols and Kurome, things are still icy between Shinichi and Murano while one of Shinichi's other friends tries to solve the riddle of Hideo Shimata, the journey finally comes to an end as Hatchin comes face to face with the man at the center of it all, Naruto continues training while Sasuke takes on a bunch of Sound ninja because why not, the longest filler arc in One Piece has finally arrived as the Thousand Sunny stumbles into a frigid trap, and Ryuko throws down with Gamagoori.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 50 - Full Power Frieza! Shenron, Grant Our Wish!

Oh shit, we're already at Namek's 5 hour countdown to destruction? I have been gone for a while.

We'll probably get something from the back catalogue like Birdy or Future Dairy.

...One of those shows is significantly better than the other...

Oh, and one other issue with Just Cause 3.

What you can destroy hasn't really expanded at all. You can't really fully destroy a base.

You can only destroy aspects of bases. The key infrastructure stays intact.

And I get making some building destructible would probably be a huge bitch.

But the destruction feels oddly limited. 6 or so hours in, you know exactly what you can destroy, and what you can't. So, for a game about chaos, you naturally limit yourself in what you aim to destroy.

Regiruler

Because they ditched the endings yeah

Why?

Thursday night, spent 2 hours trying to fix the wifi on my Wii U. I ended up having to change who knows how many settings in on the router with a fuckton of combinations until I got any results.

This afternoon, wifi issues returned and I had to continue working with the router, all while my dad being pissed that I changed the password in an attempt to fix the connection (it may have not done anything, but the combination that gave me the fixed connection happened to have the password change, so I kept it), so I needed to stay lower key.

And now, after all that work, from 4 months of being barely able to even see the console from being at school, with a gigantic game that I very much want to get in to, the gamepad goes fucking AWOL and suddenly now won't function unless it's less than 6 inches from the console. Xenoblade is crippled, Mario Maker is impractical, and Splatoon is impossible.

Oddly enough, I feel like watching some dumb shit so family guy sounds like just the ticket.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Makes me think it's an ASA show that never appeared on Toonami. My guess would be Death Note.

If it's not an ASA show, I'd say Baccano!

Might consider it a classic huh?

Not new, but not old either?

And a show that Demarco wanted to air?

GUYS, IKKI TOUSEN IS COMING TO TOONAMI!

Mushishi? MUSHISHI?

Shhh, let me dream, it's probably gonna be some crap like Death Note that aired when this was still [adult swim] action Saturdays.

Yea, that is somethign that makes things harder to guess. Fuck it, I'll guess and say it will be Tiger and Bunny manly that seems like a title Toonami should have gotten at some point.

That could be one, though I dunno who calls that one a classic

I would say we can definitely call Trigun too old

Yea, that is somethign that makes things harder to guess. Fuck it, I'll guess and say it will be Tiger and Bunny manly that seems like a title Toonami should have gotten at some point.

Tiger and Bunny never aired on Adult Swim though correct? The statement makes it sound like its an ASA show reairing as a Toonami show like Code Geass or Deathnote

Top Bottom