• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

So having just played a bit of Just Cause 3....

...I feel like the biggest problem with that game, is that it isn't dumb enough. (It attempts to fall in the middle between serious and goofy, and it feels like nothing as a result.)

Give me a mission where they get my intel wrong, and instead of stealing a futuristic weapon, I have to escape a military base on a pogo stick.

Give me stupid weapons, like the Land Shark Gun in Armed and Dangerous.
There's not enough stupid weapons in games these days.

My biggest problem with Just Cause 3 is the idiotic decision to tie your level up points which net you most of the cool shit in the game to god awful open world challenges. You know the type, the ones that are never fun and extremely frustrating because you can't get the maximum amount of stars if you mess up for half a second. Chaos still exists but it does nothing. Utterly pointless. For a game that advertises itself as "MAKE YOUR OWN FUN!!!" it's ridiculous that it actually translates to "MAKE YOUR OWN FUN!!!*"

(* after grinding these terrible missions for the cool stuff)

The story missions leave something to be desired as well. Just an all around disappointing game. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm annoyed that Onechanbara Z2 Chaos was $20 on Amazon & I was waiting for them to credit my $21 I got for trading Danganronpa AE in, but then it keeps going back up to $40.........granted, I've got 4 other PS4 games at the moment, maybe I should focus on those while waiting for that to go on sale.

Also, been enjoying OP Pirate Warriors 3 a bit more than 2, though why do I unlock some stuff related to Water 7 (Nami's outfit, the Sogeking mask/coin) in Skypiea?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The first time I see bass online playing xenoblade and it keeps timing out when I want to join his squad, and he is the same level as me, only I only get to play it at night, cept now cause its the weekend.

Grexeno

Reposting for new page:

ANNOUNCING, THE FIRST ANNUAL TOONAMIGAF AWARDS (WITH PODCAST)

In one week's time, nominations will open in the following categories:

Best Promo
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Villain
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress

while the following categories need no nominations:

Best Opening
Best Soundtrack
Worst Looking Show
Best Looking Show
Worst Ending
Best Ending
Best Cast
Worst Show of the Year
and Best Show of the Year

Once the nominations have been sent in, a crew of handpicked ToonamiGAF luminaries will be armed with tridents and nets, locked in a podcast studio, and forced to fight to the death over the winners!

Please start considering your nominations now! Nominations open next Sunday!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The first time I see bass online playing xenoblade and it keeps timing out when I want to join his squad, and he is the same level as me, only I only get to play it at night, cept now cause its the weekend.

Every time I log on none of you are on so I have to play on my own

I think the best way to play JC3 is a year from now on Steam, cheat engine all the upgrades and then mod the fuck out of it. Right now it isn't even that much fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
w8AFOOr.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We should take a drink for every "We gotta wait 3 weeks for the next episode!?" that'll be made for all the cliffhangers.

........I'm also wondering what're the chances we could see a commercial during M&H about its replacement (I'm sure it's rather low, but ya never know).

Grexeno

We should take a drink for every "We gotta wait 3 weeks for the next episode!?" that'll be made for all the cliffhangers.

........I'm also wondering what're the chances we could see a commercial during M&H about its replacement (I'm sure it's rather low, but ya never know).
There's no reason to do so when you can save it for the final episode of Intruder II, or the Christmas Pre-Flight.

Also we'll probably get a DBZ Kai Marathon promo tonight.

On one hand, Christmas Pre-flight seems readymade for this thing.

On the other hand, you'd think they would make the announcement on the last night of regularly scheduled programming. I mean, those marathons exist because people watch in smaller numbers....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On one hand, Christmas Pre-flight seems readymade for this thing.

On the other hand, you'd think they would make the announcement on the last night of regularly scheduled programming. I mean, those marathons exist because people watch in smaller numbers....
My thoughts exactly, plus announcing it now would give plenty of "word of mouth" time and on a night people would most likely be watching compared to a marathon night or on Christmas when people most likely will be with family.

But again, they probably planned it to tie it in with the ending of Intruder 2 or have it be a "Xmas gift" to the audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, doesn't it start like the week after we'd get M&H's replacement? That would be a big way to start the year.

I'm half expecting Michiko & Hatchin's replacement to be another older (and probably cheap) anime, like Busou Renkin or something.
If it airs at 1:30 again without the other shows being shifted around, then yeah, I could see it being a cheaper &/or older show. The two shows after DBZ Kai seem to be the newest, then something a bit older at 1:30, then the shonen hour, then rerun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it was a newer &/or more expensive show, my guess is it'd premiere at 12:30 or 1 a.m., then push one or both of the Sentai shows back an half hour. But I'd imagine we won't get one until AgK finishes in a few more months.

Crocodile

One of our podcast dudes thinks it'll be Dimension W for a Space Dandy-type situation (Funimation is on the production committee for it apparently)

What was the lead time for the Space Dandy announcement? I feel like I remember it getting announcing in November before it aired in January. What would be the point in keeping a Dimension W announcement so close to the chest and airing date?

What was the lead time for the Space Dandy announcement? I feel like I remember it getting announcing in November before it aired in January. What would be the point in keeping a Dimension W announcement so close to the chest and airing date?

That's kinda the thing that makes us semi-hesitant since they're waiting so long to make an announcement. Space Dandy was announced a month or two in advance, I believe, and this would be a pretty big thing to keep under wraps when they seem to tell us about their significant announcements with a greater lead time, even if they haven't finalized the premiere date.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toonami to show the world premiere of Trigun Brotherhood, finally animating the rest of the manga.

Wouldn't work for a couple of reasons.

1. The divergence is too much for it to just be appended on, ala Full Metal Alchemist.
2. It's honestly besides a few key moments not as good as the anime ending.
3. The world isn't ready for something as good as HD Madhouse Trigun Maximum.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Space Dandy was confirmed for Toonami on...Oct. 25th, I think? A little over 2 months before its premiere on Jan. 4th.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Literally every time we've got something big for the end of the year or the beginning of the next year its been a few months out. Which is why I'm totally ready for whatever this ends up being.

I would also say that while Funimation is involved with Dimension W, that doesn't necessarily mean much in relation to Toonami since they've really been trying to push their own platform lately.

It's an idea that mostly came from DeMarco's statement that nobody would guess what was coming to Toonami next year, which may have just been referring to Samurai Jack instead of some random anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think its safe to say at this point that they won't take any non HD content, so your realistically looking at shows from mid 2000 on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nobody would guess JOJO PART 4 SIMUDUB ON TOONAMI!!!

When I think older and quite possibly cheap I think more in the Tiger and Bunny range.
Watch as they wait until more news about that American movie version and time it so T&B airs around the same time the most "hype" for the film would be happen. Be a cross promotion. Watch the show on Toonami, commercials for the movie air, then when you see the movie, "WATCH THE ORIGINAL SHOW THIS MOVIE IS BASED ON, ONLY ON TOONAMI!"

Top Bottom